Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

yep, everyone I have talked to who isn't a manc wanted Liverpool to win, just for something different

people usually want the underdogs to win in this country not the money machine .... I know Liverpool compared to most are not underdogs

2 minutes ago, pryce said:

yep, everyone I have talked to who isn't a manc wanted Liverpool to win, just for something different

people usually want the underdogs to win in this country not the money machine .... I know Liverpool compared to most are not underdogs

yep, for something different, for being the better watch, and for not being doped.

Just now, eFestivals said:

except everywhere I've read the vast majority would have preferred Liverpool as winners. Only on bluemoon and in Manc does your version exist.

How are the Champion's League final preparations going for City, btw? ? 

You live in cloud cuckoo land. Liverpool fans are despised country and European wide and with good reason.

We are busy celebrating winning trophies and preparing for the possibility of an unprecedented domestic treble. So what? Liverpool may win another champions league, does not make them the best team in England. If City win next week, history will look back at the first team to ever win a domestic treble and cement their place as the greatest ever premier league team. Teams have won Champions leagues before, its nothing new.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep, for something different, for being the better watch, and for not being doped.

Liverpool have spent 1.2 billion and never won the premier league. They also accept money from companies that launder Iranian terrorist proceeds and Colombian drum money. Nice to know they were spending that blood money on record fees for defenders and goal keepers. Plucky underdogs or moral crusaders Liverpool are not.

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Liverpool have spent 1.2 billion and never won the premier league.

pick a  random date and start counting from there?  What was the random date? 1993?

They also accept money from companies that launder Iranian terrorist proceeds and Colombian drum money.

it'as not the same as a personal despot tho, is it? :) 

Nice to know they were spending that blood money on record fees for defenders and goal keepers. 

no, that was the Countino money, and record profits made from within the game. :rolleyes: 

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no, I live outside of team bubbles, and have seen what people are saying.

It's quite easy. Why not go read the comments under newspaper reports and see what footie fans from everywhere are saying?

I speak to people at the match. You live in some kind of weird bubble where Liverpool are some kind of peoples champ. They are absolutely despised. The total lack of self awareness from Liverpool fans and their cheer leaders is absolutely astounding. 

pick a  random date and start counting from there?  What was the random date? 1993?

it'as not the same as a personal despot tho, is it? :) 

no, that was the Countino money. :rolleyes: 

So you are a moral arbitrator now then? Personal despot or drug smuggling and terrorist money launderers? 

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I speak to people at the match. You live in some kind of weird bubble where Liverpool are some kind of peoples champ. They are absolutely despised. The total lack of self awareness from Liverpool fans and their cheer leaders is absolutely astounding. 

you speak to people at a city game, wow, impartial crowd there ha

not one person I have spoken to wanted city to win, even the Chelsea fans at my work wanted Liverpool to win.

win with some class, you cant seem to celebrate winning rather than you are cheering a team not winning. what a sad little existence you must live when you would rather another team lose than your own team win

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

so you're telling me that city fans think city are the best? No shit. :lol: 

No one said that. Go to Italy and see how popular Liverpool are. Go to football matches and speak to oppo fans, then see how popular Liverpool are. Yes they might be popular in Ireland and Norway, plus they also have far too many flag wavers in the media, but that does not mean they are well liked as they are not.

2 minutes ago, pryce said:

you speak to people at a city game, wow, impartial crowd there ha

not one person I have spoken to wanted city to win, even the Chelsea fans at my work wanted Liverpool to win.

win with some class, you cant seem to celebrate winning rather than you are cheering a team not winning. what a sad little existence you must live when you would rather another team lose than your own team win

I have kept my powder dry all season. Put up with Listening to shit from Scousers all year. Scousers have shown no class all season even though they had achieved absolutely nothing. The salty tears flooding the Shannon or the Fjords this morning are absolutely beautiful.

13 minutes ago, eastynh said:

So you are a moral arbitrator now then? Personal despot or drug smuggling and terrorist money launderers? 

Is City owned by a despot? Yes it is.

Is Liverpool sponsored by a dodgy bank? Yes it is.

One of those is worse than the other, which anyone but a City fan* would agree with. :)

(* tho there's plenty of City fans who'd agree, too).

my friend wore his Liverpool shirt in Rome to watch the Barcelona first leg, said people came up to him and chatted about Liverpool and were all good natured, but I was wrong and got his head kicked in because every single person in the world hates Liverpool, according to you.

but I suppose I will take the word of a city fan who seems to hate everything Liverpool more than anything else

11 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No one said that. Go to Italy and see how popular Liverpool are. Go to football matches and speak to oppo fans, then see how popular Liverpool are. Yes they might be popular in Ireland and Norway, plus they also have far too many flag wavers in the media, but that does not mean they are well liked as they are not.

They might not be well-liked, but that wasn't what was being talked about.

Well-liked or not, from everywhere I've read - fans in England, not in Norway or Italy - the majority wanted Liverpool to win.

But your lot won instead, because they were just a smidgen better over 38 games. :) 

Is City owned by a despot? Yes it is.

Is Liverpool sponsored by a dodgy bank? Yes it is.

One of those is worse than the other, which anyone but a City fan* would agree with. :)

(* tho there's plenty of City fans who'd agree, too).

Liverpool are sponsored by a bank who launder terrorist and drug money. The bank have have been sanctioned for it.

City are not owned by a despot. No matter how many times you repeat that, it does not make that true.

8 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have kept my powder dry all season. Put up with Listening to shit from Scousers all year. Scousers have shown no class all season even though they had achieved absolutely nothing. The salty tears flooding the Shannon or the Fjords this morning are absolutely beautiful.

I don’t know any Liverpool fan really upset that we haven’t won the league because we all know we lost to a better team, in my view the best team the premier league has ever seen, but it is a team that has had money thrown at it for the past 10 years, no one can argue about that 

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, he's a beacon of enlightened democratic progressive values, eh? :lol: 

He is not a despot. you repeatedly call him a despot but in no way what so ever is he a despot. 

Now show me one thing Sheikh Mansour has personally done which is anywhere near as bad as laundering drug money or Iranian terrorist money, because thats where Liverpool receive their most significant income from.

not sure where I am getting so worked up in the morning about this!

I think what I dislike the most is when fans would rather celebrate a loss for someone, rather than be happy for themselves, especially as I have never seen my team win anything and only lose. if we won the playoffs I would go crazy for us, not laugh at Aston villa, derby or west brom fans. when winning becomes normal It must be a mental thing to find joy in something else and someone else's defeat.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

I don’t know any Liverpool fan really upset that we haven’t won the league because we all know we lost to a better team, in my view the best team the premier league has ever seen, but it is a team that has had money thrown at it for the past 10 years, no one can argue about that 

Good summary.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He is not a despot. you repeatedly call him a despot but in no way what so ever is he a despot. 

Now show me one thing Sheikh Mansour has personally done which is anywhere near as bad as laundering drug money or Iranian terrorist money, because thats where Liverpool receive their most significant income from.

a bank hasn't "personally" done anything either. :rolleyes: 

He's responsible for a regime keen on execution, that persecutes different religions, that oppresses attempts at furthering democracy, etc. He could personally stop those with his despotic powers. he doesn't.