Football 18/19

ThomThomDrum

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Lets hope so. I thought Forrest won it twice though?

doh, they did. I thought they did and went and checked before posting, and then mis-read the page and thought the 2nd one was the UEFA Super cup (which they also won).

So yeah, equal to Nottingham and one better than Brum.

It's a rather amazing stat given how many of the bigger clubs are in London.

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

doh, they did. I thought they did and went and checked before posting, and then mis-read the page and thought the 2nd one was the UEFA Super cup (which they also won).

So yeah, equal to Nottingham and one better than Brum.

It's a rather amazing stat given how many of the bigger clubs are in London.

Stranger still is how far the midlands clubs have fallen. Forrest, County, Villa, West Brom, Birmingham City and Coventry have all been premier league and top division clubs, with Villa and Forrest being European Cup winners. The devline of all of them within such a short space in time is mad.

I know Leicester have done well and Stoke okish but thats an awful lot of teams on the decline all from within one part of the country.

Just now, eastynh said:

Stranger still is how far the midlands clubs have fallen. Forrest, County, Villa, West Brom, Birmingham City and Coventry have all been premier league and top division clubs, with Villa and Forrest being European Cup winners. The devline of all of them within such a short space in time is mad.

seems to be a rule that a maximum of two of them can be in the top flight at any one time. :P 

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I know Leicester have done well and Stoke okish but thats an awful lot of teams on the decline all from within one part of the country.

Notts county missed out on the premiership by one season as well and no out of the football league.

Excited to watch Leeds v Derby tonight. A game that could still go either way. Any predictions?

It's nice to be able to enjoy football as a neutral for a change as the last few months have been stressful following Liverpool!

I imagine the nerves in the playoffs are just as bad! Any fans of either on here?

16 hours ago, jyoung said:

In other news, Chelsea are playing a friendly tonight in Boston. Here's hoping nobody (Eden) gets injured this close to the Europa League final.

Great. Loftus Cheek left the stadium on crutches. Just. Great.

11 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Fuck me.

Scousers playing the victim about a song which says they play the victim. Scousers then dish about abuse about said song and criticise nasty fans for poking fun at them. Nasty fans highlight previous misdemeanors of Scouse fans and suggest that maybe Scousers should be a bit more self aware. Scousers then get upset play the victim ?‍♂️

Liverpool fc, the place where throwing bricks at coaches is celebrated and encoraged but where they see their arse if you sing a song mocking them.

That song has been sung now for nearly a year. It was sung extensively at Liverpool fans during the City win at the Etihad. Not a word was said by the Liverpool fans or by the media then

Now its major headline news because the players sang it after beating Liverpool to the title.

If City fans had been directing that song at United, not a word would have been said by Liverpool fans.

You bang on about Liverpool fans being murderers, bin dippers, victims, feral scum and say we should just take it.

You threw a hissy fit because people used the term Citeh. Maybe you want to have a look at that self awareness.

Just now, chemica said:

Christ. Derby County are incredible and this hangover hurts. 

Great scenes last night. From a selfish perspective I'm hoping Derby come up and take Mount again to give him some Premier League experience. Would love him in our squad but everybody knows what we're like when it comes to academy grads.

we threw it away, if we could of managed just 2 more minutes I am sure we would of been fine in the 2nd half, but no the keeper does that and every leeds fan knew it was gone, because its what we do best.

we cruised through 3 halves, but the half that matters we capitulated

anyway would of just lost of bunch of games next year and finished at best 16th and thought it was an achievement

league 1 is still my best memories as a fan....trying to keep my head up and think of positives

we knew we were not good enough, not one of our players would get into the villa squad or even the derby squad, punching well above are weight. only team in top half to get weaker in jan as well, losing Saiz and not bringing anyone in

congrats to derby

Edited by pryce

21 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Great scenes last night. From a selfish perspective I'm hoping Derby come up and take Mount again to give him some Premier League experience. Would love him in our squad but everybody knows what we're like when it comes to academy grads.

Same for Tammy? Or would you have him playing for you next season? I heard Chelsea fans have been chanting his name a bit recently.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Same for Tammy? Or would you have him playing for you next season? I heard Chelsea fans have been chanting his name a bit recently.

Tammy deserves his chance. He scored goals for fun at CFC youth level and has proven himself to be an elite Championship goalscorer. I know it's a different league to the Prem and he only managed 5 for Swansea but that was in a pretty dire team.

It all depends on the transfer ban and what happens with Higuain, Giroud and Batshuayi. Personally I'd give him the chance. Nobody else has really taken their opportunity. 

Rumour is that Tammy is one of three loanees who will be included in the squad next season (Zouma and Ola Aina being the other two).

3 hours ago, eastynh said:

Scousers playing the victim about a song which says they play the victim. Scousers then dish about abuse about said song and criticise nasty fans for poking fun at them. Nasty fans highlight previous misdemeanors of Scouse fans and suggest that maybe Scousers should be a bit more self aware. Scousers then get upset play the victim ?‍♂️

Liverpool fc, the place where throwing bricks at coaches is celebrated and encoraged but where they see their arse if you sing a song mocking them.

That song has been sung now for nearly a year. It was sung extensively at Liverpool fans during the City win at the Etihad. Not a word was said by the Liverpool fans or by the media then

Now its major headline news because the players sang it after beating Liverpool to the title.

If City fans had been directing that song at United, not a word would have been said by Liverpool fans.

No one cares about Manchester City, in reality. All your players would be w/ Utd only for cash. The hierarchy within the city of Manchester will never change. They’re miles bigger than City and always will be. Your fan culture is infantile in comparison to LFC. That hurts, we gettit. 

Meanwhile, sing your silly little songs about your fellow fans being assaulted. Maybe add some ref to the slave museum and your insistence on not being referred to as “Citeh”.

10 hours ago, pryce said:

we threw it away, if we could of managed just 2 more minutes I am sure we would of been fine in the 2nd half, but no the keeper does that and every leeds fan knew it was gone, because its what we do best.

we cruised through 3 halves, but the half that matters we capitulated

anyway would of just lost of bunch of games next year and finished at best 16th and thought it was an achievement

league 1 is still my best memories as a fan....trying to keep my head up and think of positives

we knew we were not good enough, not one of our players would get into the villa squad or even the derby squad, punching well above are weight. only team in top half to get weaker in jan as well, losing Saiz and not bringing anyone in

congrats to derby

Oh well at least you can go into next season dreaming about more than 40 points. I hope Villa win the final now.