Primavera 2018

Runnerups

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

With Thom Yorke at Porto and likely someone good whose other commitments mean they can’t make Barcelona like Beck, The The or St Vincent, I can see this year being the only time the headliners are better at Porto.

Though Barca will obviously have much more overall quality.

It just... It's odd. I'd love to see Arctic Monkeys there but they don't fit. I can only go to one of NOS Alive's days, I'm going to the second day to watch QOTSA and The National, my fav band. I'd freaking love AM at NOS PS as I've already bought the three day pass but... ugh

2 hours ago, Orens said:

There is a massive overlap between the two, as we discussed before in this long thread, but don't expect either Phoenix or The Jesus & Mary Chain to end up in PS. The rest are all highly likely. 

I'd love to see Phoenix tho. Ezra Furman will play PS, that I know.

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

No one talks during the Auditori sets. I mean no one.

The crowds everywhere else at Primavera are super friendly and respectful, with the exception of the two main stages during peak times where there can be  noisy talkers. Definitely a creeping in of this in recent years.

Yep, I realised after having posted my reply that the "chat-problem" only occurred on the main stages. Over the past years, I can't remember not loving every second at Kate Tempest (was it Pitchfork?), Peaches (Hidden), John Talabot (beach), Belle & Sebastian (Primavera stage), ChkChkCk (Rayban)... you name it. I guess people just go to Mordor because of the big names but then don't give a shit.

As for the ongoing clothes-discussion: Why can't we celebrate versatility? You get so many different types of bands and musical styles, people from all over the world, there's bound to be all sorts and that's what makes life interesting, doesn't it? I had no clue there was a secret dress-code everyone had to comply with.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, boaboaboa said:

One thing I would say about Monday’s announcement, is that Radio X teaser mentioned something happening at 8am UK time...

If it’s a new Arctic Monkeys track with an album announcement etc, surely they’ll just announce the festival dates then too?

then why did the Radio X teaser have a riff from an Oasis song in it?

2 hours ago, strackoftracknfield said:

Assuming we're having 6 big names, the 6 who always play longer sets at the main stages. And Arctic Monkeys, Björk, Nick Cave, Lorde and The National are almost official by now, who do you think could be the big name remaining?

Beck? My Bloody Valentine? Vampire Weekend? 

6th big name must be hip hop. Wu Tang?

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

With Thom Yorke at Porto and likely someone good whose other commitments mean they can’t make Barcelona like Beck, The The or St Vincent, I can see this year being the only time the headliners are better at Porto.

Though Barca will obviously have much more overall quality.

I think The The will be at PS, they play Friday at Hearthland ( as specified on their facebook page ), so still very possible they'll play either Wednesday or Thursday in Barcelona. My guess is that they'll headline Wednesday night

6 minutes ago, PaulSt said:

I think The The will be at PS, they play Friday at Hearthland ( as specified on their facebook page ), so still very possible they'll play either Wednesday or Thursday in Barcelona. My guess is that they'll headline Wednesday night

Saturday in Sweden makes it tough. 

5 minutes ago, sgreen7643 said:

Speaking of hip hop, what does everyone think are the chances of Vince Staples returning?

Very good. He released an excellent album in 2017, after playing the Pitchfork in 2016. Playing Ireland on the Sunday and none of the France festival as of now (probably Field Day on the Saturday).

I bet he'll get the Primavera stage, which is not the same one he referenced two years ago, but that's still cool.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

I’m very surprised there’s no chatter about Father John Misty. Looks a cert for a sub spot and one of the best live acts on the circuit. Has played festivals recently with an orchestra.

I'm certain he's playing, even his Spain concerts were organized by Primavera.

Edited by Orens
  • Upvote 1