Napalm Death - Truth Stage?!?

Deadendfriends8

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mf_2005 said:

Has it been brought up that the Earache Express stage opens at 9pm each day? Doesnt leave room for a huge line up. Though I could go to 4am like the rest of the SE corner. Or that's what I'm reading from this site at least.

http://earache.com/misc/glastonbury/index.php

I'm well confused if the Truth Stage is an Earache Stage every day, seeing as the Shangri-La poster has a load of very-not-Earache stuff on the Truth Stage. Maybe there are other acts on it until 9pm when it becomes an Earache takeover?

13 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I'm well confused if the Truth Stage is an Earache Stage every day, seeing as the Shangri-La poster has a load of very-not-Earache stuff on the Truth Stage. Maybe there are other acts on it until 9pm when it becomes an Earache takeover?

It's not.  

Napalm Death are the only metal / Earache band playing on the Truth stage.

19 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

ZDLR and One Day as a Lion on that playlist. Think they're trynna tell us sumthink. :wub:

There is a lot on that playlist not announced yet. Any of it could potentially show up.

By the looks of it they are trying to tell me something. They don't like every Glastonbury related tweet sent their way. Not really Im just getting my hopes up.
kbxbhd.png

Edited by mf_2005

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The link says there's a dedicated Earache Express stage *and* that, additionally, Napalm Death are on the Truth Stage Thursday at 10pm.

Ah I read that "Find us @ Shangri-La / Truth Stage, South East Corner" wrong, didn't really clock that there was a slash there instead of a comma.

edit: Then again Ho99o9 apparently self-confirmed for Truth Stage and they're on the Earache playlist.

Edited by Will-2609

17 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

There is a lot on that playlist not announced yet. Any of it could potentially show up.

By the looks of it they are trying to tell me something. They don't like every Glastonbury related tweet sent their way. Not really Im just getting my hopes up.

Heheh you may be onto something with that.

Yeah it is pretty encouraging seeing as we have TBC's off that ready to go. Some of the British acts are very good and easily gettable. Couldn't expect all the rest of it, of course, but there's a lot of those that are touring at the time.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There might be other Earache / metal bands on the main stage, but the Earache Express stage is on the other side of Shangri La.  Venue #6 on the map that appeared yesterday for a wee while.

Has that been removed then? I wanna see how big its meant to be and where it's at.

Wormrot are 11pm Saturday if that adds to the discussion.

Edited by dentalplan

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Has that been removed then? I wanna see how big its meant to be and where it's at.

I think our man on the inside began to think better re. posting it. Might still be up, but best not to bump the thread.

Looks pretty small.  On the LHS as you enter Shangers from The Common end.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think our man on the inside began to think better re. posting it. Might still be up, but best not to bump the thread.

Looks pretty small.  On the LHS as you enter Shangers from The Common end.

Ah, fair. Can't find it so that'll have to do me, cheers.

53 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

kbxbhd.png

Clutch and/or Volbeat would be epic, albeit unlikely

9 hours ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Lets talk about a possible Bring me secret set? Obviously there link to Earache goes quite far back, and isn't as relevant anymore. But seeing as they seemed to enjoy glasto last year, and it was quite a big deal to the band, we never know?

On the other hand Bring Me the Horizon are possibly the worst band ever

44 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

The 77 pioneer is Steve Ignorant, I think. 

Looked to me like he referenced him with anarcho punk, which fits. Could be The Damned, they're touring at the moment.

Dropkick Murphys recently announced 4 UK dates starting on 26 June, never thought of them playing until the Earache announcement

Edited by Quahog5

5 minutes ago, Quahog5 said:

Looked to me like he referenced him with anarcho punk, which fits. Could be The Damned, they're touring at the moment

It's only a small looking stage so wouldn't expect it to be them. More likely somone like Ed Tudor-Pole.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's only a small looking stage so wouldn't expect it to be them. More likely somone like Ed Tudor-Pole.

Ok, was hoping for The Damned. Punk's had a fair bit of exposure lately, a lot of the old school bands have been touring for their the 40th anniversarys, first glasto for me so not familiar with the stage sizes