Coach Resale

Michaels denim shorts

8 minutes ago, Bristol Boy said:

Did I do something wrong? Got to the Wednesday/Thursday page and then to the holding page. The counter was not counting down from 20 seconds. Kept hitting refresh anyway. Then noticed that it said something about processing as many deposits as it could.

Started again, exactly the same.

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Yeh, mine wasn't counting down and normally it does...but i did eventually manage to get through by refreshing. Took too long though :(

The holding page no longer counts down. Instead it's an image to defeat multi hit software.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

Same happened to me in the first coach sale, too many pages to go through compared to the general onsale

Yeh that's true...I think Sunday is the one :)

2 minutes ago, musky said:

The holding page no longer counts down. Instead it's an image to defeat multi hit software.

Aaaah good to know..that spun me right out!

2 minutes ago, Bristol Boy said:

Silly question but are bots effective here? Would never use them but just wonder if they are the things beating us.....

The festival is using an image on the holding page in an attempt to beat at least some of them - it's likely the change was implemented specifically to defeat the much publicised Refreshinator. Someone who has the knowledge could easily create something that would work though.

They do run google analytics during the sale though, which would make easy work of identifying anyone buying large multiples of tickets. Unless they were using a bot net. I don't think there's any evidence that this sort of thing is going on for people to tout tickets though.

I really don't understand how the queue system works for the coach sales now. Every single person in our group got through to to put reg details in and then to chose coach time - all at varying times after 6pm (some right away), and zero of us got any tickets.

i started refreshing the coach time page and started getting random drop down options for coach times that would then say unavailable when selected. 

If anyone could explain how it works that would be marvellous, because to me it seems like an absolute mess of a system.

2 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Good work @Lucy92, glad you got them!  For everyone else Sunday should be more straightforward, no messing around with days and there will be more tickets available, don't give up!

Also not a complete waste if you only got as far as the booking page today -  the details should autofill and save you time if you get through on Sunday.  Keep the faith people.

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I really don't understand how the queue system works for the coach sales now. Every single person in our group got through to to put reg details in and then to chose coach time - all at varying times after 6pm (some right away), and zero of us got any tickets.

i started refreshing the coach time page and started getting random drop down options for coach times that would then say unavailable when selected. 

If anyone could explain how it works that would be marvellous, because to me it seems like an absolute mess of a system.

I didn't get on this time but in October it was a mess you're right.  Times and departure points seemed to randomly appear and then disappear, I had no idea what was going on.  It was easier getting our tickets from Manchester where there's just a day to choose

1 minute ago, briddj said:

I got straight in on Chrome using the auto refresh function at three second intervals.

It didn't matter that it auto refreshed before I stopped then auto function (before starting the order of course)

Yeah my auto refresh worked alright, but I don't think it was needed to get to the reg page. It was after that was a complete shit show. 

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

There's no queue as such, but I think the coaches might be 'reserved' by the system once you proceed from that page. If the purchase isn't completed or the payment falls through those seats are released again.

I know they say tickets aren't secured until the booking process is completed, but it's the only thing I can think of that makes sense. A similar thing happens in the general sales as well, but obviously not on the same scale (as there aren't multiple departure points to be selected). Sometimes you can enter your details and find yourself back on the registration page with the notice 'tickets are currently unavailable'. Keep hitting back and proceed and you might find tickets become available again. Happened to me last year, although by the time I'd entered my card details they'd gone. Presumably someone else got lucky.

2 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

So twice i got through but my goddamn rampant refreshing lost me the page :( did this happen to anyone else? In the past once u were on the ticket reference page it would stay that way.

I had that in the 2013 main sale. I was utterly gutted at my own stupidity at the time. Had to wait until the resale to get tickets.

24 minutes ago, verrymerry said:

Good work @Lucy92, glad you got them!  For everyone else Sunday should be more straightforward, no messing around with days and there will be more tickets available, don't give up!

31 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So pleased for you, Lucy!

Like many on here, I've followed your two-year ticket roller coaster!

Brilliant news. 

:)

Ben

Thank you :)