2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's not much info on the website about emperors fields camping. Cheers to all that have contributed on here as at least I've some insight now.

Any recommendations from those lower on the line-up? I've got 4 acts I want to see (2 of whom are clashing it seems). Seemed to have picked a year where practically all the big acts just don't float my boat.

On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, ramragon said:

I feel similar to you Badlands so over the past few months I've been checking out a few of the lesser known acts and to be honest I'm really looking forward to seeing some of them !! Top of my "lesser known must sees" list are - Circa Waves, DMAs, Fickle Friends, The Shimmer Band, Loyle Carner and Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5. I'd also forgotten just how good Editors are !

There is a thread on here "if you like them, you'll like these" - A masterstroke of a thread which sadly didn't get anywhere near the amount of replies as it deserved but there are a few recommendations on there so check that out too !

Sack Barrow or wheelbarrow?

Anybody had experience using either of this to carry their stuff from car to camping spot? I was going to use the wheelbarrow i've got in my garden but my brother in law is adament that a sack barrow is much better and you can take more stuff with it. Opinions?

1 hour ago, seano1988 said:

Sack Barrow or wheelbarrow?

It's all about the tyres.

Whichever has a decent tyre will always win. You need a pneumatic type tyre, not a cheap plastic one, for trudging over rough terrain.

If your wheelbarrow has one of those types of tyres, in my opinion it's a winner over a sack barrow.

2 years ago I had one, BUT beware of folk using it as a marker, all night long, all I heard was "there's the Barrow flag we're camped near" I tried taking it down, but one of the neighbours asked me not to as he would end up lost

I thought about moving it 50 yards away,  that would have messed with a few heads - including mine 

Ill take it then. :)

dont mind people using it as a marker, its what I use it for haha!

Kendal said they wern't allowed but thought id check on here as last year at Download loads of people had them even after Download said no!

11 minutes ago, amyg1990 said:

Kendal said they wern't allowed but thought id check on here as last year at Download loads of people had them even after Download said no!

Think they're more bothered about flags in the arena...don't want it to look like the pyramid stage!

On 30/06/2017 at 2:46 PM, Crystal Waters said:

Thanks ramragon. The car will be nearer than I thought which good news.

interesting that you have to buy a lanyard to get the stage times!

take a photo of someone elses..

Edited by gorfield

20 minutes ago, Port-a-loo Pete said:

Where can I find the running order Ramragon ? Set times I mean, I'm aware they have released the day splits earlier than usual which was nice of them ;-)

we wont get times until the very last moment or even until it started

Does anyone know how much of a queue there might be for the shuttle buses from Penrith station when they start at 10am on the Thursday?

Also, what are the queues for the shuttle like on the Monday morning? We need to be at the station for a 09.20am train

Edited by mattrik3

We are taking the sprog to his first proper festival, and I'm having to plan things considerably more than I usually would. Will I be able to get milk onsite? I'm guessing so as festivals shops are relatively well stocked these days but I thought I better ask.

Festival first timer here, just a few questions:

1) What's security like on the campsite entrance? How strict are they on bringing booze in, I know they allow a "reasonable" amount and no glass. Is there full bag searching and ID checks or is that more entry into the arena?

2) What time do people head off on Sunday? Just to arrange a lift in advance. 

3) What's pricing like on food stalls?

Cheers

1,  There'll be bag searches, probably more than before given what happened in Manchester, but they're not going to be bothered about how much ale you have, they're looking for weapons and drugs

2. Majority of people will stay until Monday morning, but a lot of people take stuff back to the car during the day and leave after the sunday night headliner.

3. Expensive, don't expect much change out of a tenner for burger and chips, there's some nice places though,  Fire in the Hole Pizza was lovely last year

Edited by cincoveces05