2017 Any help or advice needed ?

ramragon

12 minutes ago, cincoveces05 said:

1,  There'll be bag searches, probably more than before given what happened in Manchester, but they're not going to be bothered about how much ale you have, they're looking for weapons and drugs

2. Majority of people will stay until Monday morning, but a lot of people take stuff back to the car during the day and leave after the sunday night headliner.

3. Expensive, don't expect much change out of a tenner for burger and chips, there's some nice places though,  Fire in the Hole Pizza was lovely last year

Cheers pal.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, spenny124 said:

Festival first timer here, just a few questions:

1) What's security like on the campsite entrance? How strict are they on bringing booze in, I know they allow a "reasonable" amount and no glass. Is there full bag searching and ID checks or is that more entry into the arena?

2) What time do people head off on Sunday? Just to arrange a lift in advance. 

3) What's pricing like on food stalls?

Cheers

Something that a lot of people are guilty of is massively overestimating how much they can/will drink. 

Just remember you have to carry it back as well as taking it in.:lol:

Just looking at the beer selection they have got a good choice. I can see they've stayed quite low on the alcohol content. There's no bit hitters there which I suppose can be viewed as sensible at a long festival. 

I'll need to stock up and have nice beer on the campsite. 

19 minutes ago, Peanutsinger said:

Something that a lot of people are guilty of is massively overestimating how much they can/will drink. 

That's me every year ! Don't think I've ever taken less than 20 cans back to the car. We don't even drink that much so why we'd need 40 cans or so and boxed wine is beyond me......

I'm already stocking up for this year's now !

The beers and cinders on site are usually a decent mix, Strongbow selection, amstel and a decent craft beer range. Standard bar prices for a festival plus you can pay contactless which is usually fatal on the bank balance cos God knows how much you've spent till you get home !

On 03/07/2017 at 5:53 PM, seano1988 said:

Sack Barrow or wheelbarrow?

Anybody had experience using either of this to carry their stuff from car to camping spot? I was going to use the wheelbarrow i've got in my garden but my brother in law is adament that a sack barrow is much better and you can take more stuff with it. Opinions?

Wheel barrow as long as it has an air filled tyre. Other wheels tend to rattle off 

What's the car parks like? The tickets I bought off Twickets came with a red parking pass. 

Are the car parks rough and cars likely struggle for traction? 

We've got a 4.5 hour drive and my car is better than her car for long trips. I don't want to get stuck in a muddy field though. :lol:

On 13/07/2017 at 6:58 PM, Peanutsinger said:

This! Took about 24 cans of Hobgoblin in, back breakingly with all the other kit, and took about 16 cans back, after the appeal of warm brown beer lessened somewhat. Did drink all the gin and vodka however and copious use of the real ale tents.......

Edited by RichDevoto

10 hours ago, RichDevoto said:

This! Took about 24 cans of Hobgoblin in, back breakingly with all the other kit, and took about 16 cans back, after the appeal of warm brown beer lessened somewhat. Did drink all the gin and vodka however and copious use of the real ale tents.......

Same. As the years go by I've learnt to take less and less beer and take more spirits instead 

5 hours ago, Peanutsinger said:

Is there a little convenience store to buy stuff to use in the tent? 

There's shops open most of day and night in the village green which is in general camping. You can buy all sorts from it 

Edited by ramragon