Best Kept Secret 2017

alan_ts

13 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It is in the US but only New York. 7 hrs flight direct flight with 6 days between gigs. Doesn't rule them out at all although you'd think they'd want to get a couple more European festivals in to make it worth the trip. They could always do a small run of standalone gigs, if it were to happen.

RTJ's Dutch date has sold out as well. Every chance for them too, more than LCD you'd think.

I don't see RTJ flying straight back to Europe since they already been there for two weeks. Primal Scream is playing Melkweg the thursday before BKS, so far I don't think it is an exclusive show.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Createur said:

Don't look too much into the Co-promoters thing.

FKP presents countless festivals in June alone (largest festival organizer in Europe). Green Day, SOAD, Kings Of Leon, Linkin Park, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Biffy Clyro, Blink-182, Frank Ocean, The Killers are headlining their festivals this year in June.

The co-promoters thing isn't that unimportant, because the promoter can a.) get bundle deals for several shows, making the acts more affordable, b.) get bands exclusively for festivals of their network of promoters and c.) can afford to bring overseas bands to Europe for a couple of shows instead of a single one. Obviously the booking depends primarily on the act fitting to the festival (SOAD will never be booked for BKS), but bookings are definitely affected by this.

10 minutes ago, mellowmaniac said:

The co-promoters thing isn't that unimportant, because the promoter can a.) get bundle deals for several shows, making the acts more affordable, b.) get bands exclusively for festivals of their network of promoters and c.) can afford to bring overseas bands to Europe for a couple of shows instead of a single one. Obviously the booking depends primarily on the act fitting to the festival (SOAD will never be booked for BKS), but bookings are definitely affected by this.

Of course.

What I was trying to say is that FKP booked "all" active headliners touring in June for their festivas, as they do every year. Booking The Killers for one or two of their festivals don't make them more or less likely to appear at BKS. Just shows their touring activity and availabilty for festivals this year.

Edited by Createur

1 hour ago, Tijn said:

I don't see RTJ flying straight back to Europe since they already been there for two weeks. Primal Scream is playing Melkweg the thursday before BKS, so far I don't think it is an exclusive show.

That's promising news. Solo show in Amsterdam and a quick hop over to Tilburg for BKS would be great.

Pity we've chosen to fly to Charleroi or I would have gone to that.

1 hour ago, alan_ts said:

Radiohead + Arcade Fire 

Qotsa / Aphex Twin / Bjork / The Xx (unlikely)

would be the strongest set of headliners this year.

Or better would make Bks the reveletion festival of the year.

It wouldn't be the strongest set of headliners. It's not my bag but Rock Werchter will take some beating.

That said, it certainly is a revelation for BKS whoever they announce as their 3rd headliner. I've had my eye on this festival for a couple of years now and I'm glad I've taken the plunge with only two names announced. They've obviously decided to take a big step up and it looks like its paid off. Given the bands who are around and who I think will be there we're in for a really special festival. I just hope the weather agrees.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

24 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

It wouldn't be the strongest set of headliners. It's not my bag but Rock Werchter will take some beating.

That said, it certainly is a revelation for BKS whoever they announce as their 3rd headliner. I've had my eye on this festival for a couple of years now and I'm glad I've taken the plunge with only two names announced. They've obviously decided to take a big step up and it looks like its paid off. Given the bands who are around and who I think will be there we're in for a really special festival. I just hope the weather agrees.

I don't know what will happen but it looks like a similar situation of Nos Alive of last year.

On 2/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, Tijn said:

Forgot about their show in Madrid on friday, so that makes it very unlikely in my opinion.

Just noticed - On the Primal Scream website it has the Madrid date down as the 16th, and on their Facebook page it says its the 12th. Think someones fucked up somewhere and the Madrid date is on the 12th so leaves them free to play BKS after all.

Edit - bass player has confirmed it is the 12th. No mention of BKS though which I take as a confirmation :-)

Edited by DiscothequeDave

10 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Just noticed - On the Primal Scream website it has the Madrid date down as the 16th, and on their Facebook page it says its the 12th. Think someones fucked up somewhere and the Madrid date is on the 12th so leaves them free to play BKS after all.

Edit - bass player has confirmed it is the 12th. No mention of BKS though which I take as a confirmation :-)

I always enjoy Primal Scream shows, but doubt they'll be at BKS. The Amsterdam show on the 15th is promoted by Mojo and I can't imagine them allowing a Friendly Fire festival show a couple of days later (or vice versa).

Last night I was at Trentemoller gig in Ljubljana...FANTASTIC!!!

I asked a technician if they'll come to BKS but he swore he doesn't know...

Anyway it would be a great addiction :) 

Edited by alan_ts

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Last night I was at Trentemoller gig in Ljubljana...FANTASTIC!!!

I asked a technician if they'll come to BKS but he swore he doesn't know...

Anyway it could be a great addiction :) 

Aaaaaa wanted to go, managed not to buy tickets before they sold out :hang:

Would definitely be great to see them at BKS! Their only confirmed June date so far is Roskilde...

RL Grime, Alle Farben, Modestep DJ Set, Tall Height, Counterfeit, Ho99o9, Moose Blood, Red Fang, Montreal, LP, Kensington, Kodaline, Irie Revoltes, Baroness, You me at Six, Of Mice and Men, Nathaniel Rateliff, Future Island, Passenger, Lorde, Halsey, Clueso, Wolfmother, Royal Blood, A day to Rember, Axwell Ingrosso

For Hurricane / Southside

Only a couple of BKS contenders.

10 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

RL Grime, Alle Farben, Modestep DJ Set, Tall Height, Counterfeit, Ho99o9, Moose Blood, Red Fang, Montreal, LP, Kensington, Kodaline, Irie Revoltes, Baroness, You me at Six, Of Mice and Men, Nathaniel Rateliff, Future Island, Passenger, Lorde, Halsey, Clueso, Wolfmother, Royal Blood, A day to Rember, Axwell Ingrosso

For Hurricane / Southside

Only a couple of BKS contenders.

I'd take only Red Fang and Nathaniel Rateliff.

Edited by alan_ts