Glastonbury 2016 - In Retrospect

CaledonianGonzo

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Charm said:

I always thought of the Glastonbury crowd as being being something special, able to recognise and appreciate real talent, but that day I realised they will love any old rubbish. 
Charm x

You should have taken your head out of your bum years ago :P

Edited by clarkete

11 minutes ago, Charm said:

Well I think it's bizarre that you thought it was great. 
Charm x

I was referring to the fact that you were ashamed of people who enjoy something.  It makes you ashamed that people have different music tastes to you?! 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I was referring to the fact that you were ashamed of people who enjoy something.  It makes you ashamed that people have different music tastes to you?! 

Listen to the crowd going mad over this crap, embarrassing. 
Charm x

1 minute ago, Charm said:

Well I'm a bit surprised at you being so overly dramatic and patronising in one feel swoop. 
Charm x

To be clear, you are being ridiculous. Just because you do not like Jay Z, the fact that other people enjoy his music and find it entertaining does not mean that you should look down on them.

I am one of the few on here that would like to see Ed Sheeran on the pyramid stage next year, I am also one of the people who enjoyed Kanye West. I really hope that I do not have yourself anywhere near me while I enjoy the music that I wish to enjoy whilst at a festival where there is something for everybody.

Please could you change your profile name to the more appropriate 'Uncharming'

2 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

To be clear, you are being ridiculous. Just because you do not like Jay Z, the fact that other people enjoy his music and find it entertaining does not mean that you should look down on them.

I am one of the few on here that would like to see Ed Sheeran on the pyramid stage next year, I am also one of the people who enjoyed Kanye West. I really hope that I do not have yourself anywhere near me while I enjoy the music that I wish to enjoy whilst at a festival where there is something for everybody.

Please could you change your profile name to the more appropriate 'Uncharming'

Thanks, great post, managed to insult me quite nicely, hope it feels good. 
Charm x

22 minutes ago, clarkete said:

"I felt ashamed of them, it's my worst Glastonbury memory"

Hardly the same as you telling me to pull my head out of my arse over a post about Jay Z. 
Charm x

13 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

Nor have I, simply stated that I think you have been uncharming and I would not like to enjoy myself in your vicinity. 

Don't forget about calling me ridiculous and saying I look down on people. 
Charm x

4 minutes ago, Charm said:

Hardly the same as you telling me to pull my head out of my arse over a post about Jay Z. 
Charm x

Don't forget about calling me ridiculous and saying I look down on people. 
Charm x

"Being Ridiculous" Which you are for looking down on people for enjoying themselves at a music festival.

If I enjoy one type of music that you think is terrible does it give you a right to think I am stupid no. 

You should worry more about enjoying yourself and seeing things you enjoy at the festival rather than what others are doing.

1 hour ago, Charm said:

I always thought of the Glastonbury crowd as being being something special, able to recognise and appreciate real talent, but that day I realised they will love any old rubbish. 
Charm x

May I ask why you went to watch Jay Z if you thought he was an untalented producer of 'any old rubbish'? Seems a bit pointless. Did you not realise you were going to a hip hop gig?

Must've been a horrifying thing for you to witness - Thousands of people enjoying a musician they've chose to spend their time watching. The shame of it all.

11 minutes ago, Plumb111 said:

"Being Ridiculous" Which you are for looking down on people for enjoying themselves at a music festival.

If I enjoy one type of music that you think is terrible does it give you a right to think I am stupid no. 

You should worry more about enjoying yourself and seeing things you enjoy at the festival rather than what others are doing.

I'm not criticising the type of music, I'm criticising how awful he was, didn't you see him come out and start mumbling Wonderwall and how mad the crowd went over it, totally embarrassing.
Charm x

9 minutes ago, ConorC said:

May I ask why you went to watch Jay Z if you thought he was an untalented producer of 'any old rubbish'? Seems a bit pointless. Did you not realise you were going to a hip hop gig?

Must've been a horrifying thing for you to witness - Thousands of people enjoying a musician they've chose to spend their time watching. The shame of it all.

I went to see if he would be any good and he wasn't so I left, quite normal Glastonbury practice, and just so you know Jay Z isn't the best act that hip hop has to offer. 
Charm x

Edited by Charm

10 minutes ago, Charm said:

I'm not criticising the type of music, I'm criticising how awful he was, didn't you see him come out and start mumbling Wonderwall and how mad the crowd went over it, totally embarrassing.
Charm x

I went to see if he would be any good and he asn't so I left, quite normal Glastonbury practice, and just so you know Jay Z isn't the best act that hip hop has to offer. 
Charm x

Wonderwall was a bit of tongue in cheek fun, don't think the crowd were revelling in a musical masterpiece - more having a laugh at Noel's expense. if you're using that as a barometer to judge the quality of his performance then that's a bit weird for a start.

Cheers for letting me know Jay Z isn't the best hip hop act on offer though (Did I say he was?)... and there was me thinking music is subjective...

Edited by ConorC

12 minutes ago, Charm said:

Charm x

In pretty sure the crowd were enjoying it largely due to the bit before the clip you played, but don't let that stop you being Judge Judy and executioner. 

Edited by clarkete