Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

No Beni for me this year, nothing on the line-up that grabbed me and I'm seeing those I'd like to see there, at glastonbury. I know there's so much more than just the line-up but taking a sabbatical and heading to the Balearic isles that week instead. Hope you all have a great time, any Beni questions just give me a shout :) 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This link is titled 'LINE UP BY STAGES' but no details yet http://fiberfib.com/en/noticia.php?n=83

We’re pleased to announce who is going to be playing where at FIB 2017.

On the giant LAS PALMAS stage you’ll be able to see headliners THE WEEKND, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, KASABIAN, FOALS, DEADMAU5 and more big names.

The VISA stage hosts an eclectic mix of acts from THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN to KAYTRANADA and COURTEENERS to MURA MASA.

The SOUTH BEACH DANCE STAGE is back with the best in electronic, house, techno, hip-hop and all things dance and we’ve teamed up with Razzmatazzfrom Barcelona and Ochoymedio in Madrid to bring you the best new acts around on the RADIO 3 FIB CLUB stage.

5 minutes ago, JohnMo85 said:

This is such a let down! 

Unfortunately FIB are known to let us all down by bigging up their announcements. This late on you wouldn't expect big names as most people will have made their minds up by now. Blaenavon are good though so worth checking them out if you can

1 minute ago, rpfranks said:

Unfortunately FIB are known to let us all down by bigging up their announcements. This late on you wouldn't expect big names as most people will have made their minds up by now. Blaenavon are good though so worth checking them out if you can

I think because the last "big" announcement was not that exciting either i was expecting a bit more from this final one! Line up as a whole is still pretty good though

1 minute ago, JohnMo85 said:

I think because the last "big" announcement was not that exciting either i was expecting a bit more from this final one! Line up as a whole is still pretty good though

Due to the way FIB announce their line-up in endless waves, it means once the four headliners are out the majority of the big hitters are too. Occasionally you get a surprise but that tends to be because someone dropped out or relates to tour announcement logistics i.e. cannot announce until another festival has passed, or a tour has sold out.

I can only really think of one exception where we got a big name this late- they announced The Libertines and a few others around now in 2014 but that was the really mainstream year when they were at risk of going under and left things quite late.

THE STRYPES
OLOF DREIJER (THE KNIFE)
IBIBIO SOUND MACHINE
CHARLOTTE CHURCH'S POP DUNGEON
THE BLAZE
MICK JENKINS
BLAENAVON 
CHILDHOOD
NUDOZURDO
BAD GYAL
HAVALINA
CÁPSULA

Aldo Linares, Amable, Arturo Paniagua, B.Traits, Buenavista, Cápsula, Cascales,Djohnston, Eme DJ, Evripidies And His Tragedies, Gato, Gener, Jameszoo, Las Bistecs, Las Kellies, Linda Guilala, Nudozurdo, Sir Was, The Magic Mor, Virginia Díaz

Edited by gregory

Disappointed with the lineup this year, personally. In terms of artists I genuinely couldn't wait for, last time I went in 2013 I had Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA, Killers, Jake Bugg, Chvrches, Primal Scream. This year I have RHCP, Foals and JVMM. 

The Strypes played in my local 2 years ago, place holds 100 people. For them to be considered a bigger name of this announcement sums up how mediocre it is for me!

Having said that, I cannot wait to go and we're all going to have a fantastic time regardless. Tickets were cheap, booze is cheap, the music will be good and the sun will always be shining. This day next month we'll be there :D

Edited by GuinnessSupper