Benicassim 2017

rpfranks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, gregory said:

Hear hear. I'd be disappointed if it were real too, though I imagine a lot of the undercard will end up playing. 

Yeah Tom Odell and a few others from the Lolla Paris bill will turn up you'd think, would be surprised not to see blossoms on this announcement, or Liam Gallagher...

Are we assuming Weeknd isn't the Thursday headliner? (Or maybe it's actually been stated what day and I've missed it?). Trying to work out Kasabian/Roses etc. chances of being announced this week, I would've thought you'd announce Thursday now and leave a big name until last... but I don't know how beni normally does it, or perhaps they have no system :lol:

10 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah if they book Kasabian then you'd think a dance act would follow, would be strange to go from majority dance headliners to none! 

Arcade Fire are headlining primavera sound so presume that rules them out, maybe there have been instances where a bands headlined two Spanish festivals in a year but I'm not not sure on that. 

I haven't really noticed with smaller acts, but I'm assuming a few from the festivals on around the same time (nos Alive, Lolla Paris etc.) will be there. I'd be surprised if Blossoms aren't there and if Beni isn't Liam Gallaghers Spanish date, still holding out hope for royal blood but I was expecting them to have announced some dates by now :sorry:

And as if by magic......

http://www.ilosaarirock.fi/2017/

High chance for Beni now.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

52 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

And as if by magic......

http://www.ilosaarirock.fi/2017/

High chance for Beni now.

The same weekend! Surely has to be!

i really think the Thursday headliner will be imagine dragons, especially after that announcement. Whether they're going to announce the Thursday or the last main headliner tomorrow though we'll have to see!

Unless royal blood are big enough to headline the Thursday? But if foals aren't surely Royal Blood aren't...

Edited by alexlloyd

4 hours ago, Gruefyx said:

Why is Liam Gallagher a strong rumour? Would it not be more likely to book Richard Ashcroft as he's also touring 

LG is gradually getting announced for European festivals (including Paris the weekend after Beni) and has no Spanish date, so Beni would seem the most likely. That's not to say Ashcroft isnt just as likely to appear at some point.

"Why is Liam Gallagher a strong rumour? Would it not be more likely to book Richard Ashcroft as he's also touring "

more likely to be Noel Gallacher. He's in Italy with U2 at the start of FIB, and then Barca on Tues after. so from Tour managers point of view might be worth squeezing in a date in between, covers the costs of traveling & hotels etc.  

5 minutes ago, demondrummer said:

"Why is Liam Gallagher a strong rumour? Would it not be more likely to book Richard Ashcroft as he's also touring "

more likely to be Noel Gallacher. He's in Italy with U2 at the start of FIB, and then Barca on Tues after. so from Tour managers point of view might be worth squeezing in a date in between, covers the costs of traveling & hotels etc.  

Actually he's in Rome on the Sat & Sun of FIB, but he does have free days on the Thurs and Friday between Berlin and Rome. However, Noel played FIB in 2015 so I think it's unlikely for him to return so soon.

Edited by gregory

3 minutes ago, gregory said:

True. Actually he's in Rome on the Sat & Sun of FIB, but he does have free days on the Thurs and Friday between Berlin and Rome. 

He did sub in 2015 though, is that too early a return?

I'm hoping for Editors, Blossoms, Royal Blood but as for the headliner it depends whether it's the Thursday or other main coming, but I'm going to go with Imagine Dragons or Kasabian.

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

Actually he's in Rome on the Sat & Sun of FIB, but he does have free days on the Thurs and Friday between Berlin and Rome. However, Noel played FIB in 2015 so I think it's unlikely for him to return so soon.

Noel is in Rome supporting U2, Liam is playing fetivals

12 minutes ago, gregory said:

1.5 hours to go.

Final predictions? I'm gonna guess: Kasabian, The Kills, Editors, Liam Gallagher, Glass Animals, Metronomy

The Kills played there last year.
Hope for Kasabian and Editors.
Liam is obvious choice, will be funny if he headlines thursday (while Foals aren't headliners).
Also thumbs up for Slaves and The Hives. 

32 minutes ago, gregory said:

Found on twitter. If this is true, it's a terrible announcement for me.

Take it with a pinch of salt, nothing is confirmed until 12. Just sharing for the debate and to kill the time :) 

Ride, Kasabian, Slaves and Blossoms would definitely float my boat. Not a fan of Liam, without even having released any of his own stuff. Would much prefer Ashcroft.  I'm going Kasabian, Courteeners, Blossoms, Pixies, London Grammar, Bonobo, Chance The Rapper, White Lies, Rag & Bone Man, Elbow, and Fat Boy Slim, for today's announcements.  We'll all find out in 40 minutes!

9 minutes ago, andytommo said:

Ride, Kasabian, Slaves and Blossoms would definitely float my boat. Not a fan of Liam, without even having released any of his own stuff. Would much prefer Ashcroft.  I'm going Kasabian, Courteeners, Blossoms, Pixies, London Grammar, Bonobo, Chance The Rapper, White Lies, Rag & Bone Man, Elbow, and Fat Boy Slim, for today's announcements.  We'll all find out in 40 minutes!

Wouldn't mind Chance The Rapper!