Thief watch 2016

Rick182

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I was robbed on 1st night, they came into our sleeping area took some cash and camera out my handbag and then took my pack back which had my phone on charge in... found bag down the field along with coat, luckily some one found my prescription sunglasses further down the field but bloody pissed off someone came in our tent :(

we were in Paines ground and they hit quite a few tents that night as just worked down the field!!

i was in paines, 

some guy came in to our tent shouting "Lisa" he had done a few tents pretending to be pisssed. luckily enough my mate was stood Bollock naked in the tent when he unzipped. we didn't think much of it at a the time just someone pissed.

in the morning heard a few tents around had been robbed phones and cash

8 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

i was in paines, 

some guy came in to our tent shouting "Lisa" he had done a few tents pretending to be pisssed. luckily enough my mate was stood Bollock naked in the tent when he unzipped. we didn't think much of it at a the time just someone pissed.

in the morning heard a few tents around had been robbed phones and cash

Luckily most of my money was in the lock up so they only got like £20 and they didn't steal the fella's stuff....I do use the lock ups but don't general put phone or camera in there, as they stay on me..

I only got the camera 2 days before the festival and the phone was new too but what can you do...I reported it so they might be small chance of stuff back, phone has thumb print lock anyway but I'm sure they know how to wipe that...we'll see

The only issues we had (and all our group) were being short-changed at stalls - either up front charging too much or missing change.

Just a £1 here and there - but happened so often it did begin to piss us off.

Not had that before - maybe times are tough, I know that they were selling way less due to the mud.

3 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

The only issues we had (and all our group) were being short-changed at stalls - either up front charging too much or missing change.

Just a £1 here and there - but happened so often it did begin to piss us off.

Not had that before - maybe times are tough, I know that they were selling way less due to the mud.

I had the opposite on one occasion the stall gave me change for a £20 I'd only given him a tenner. I pointed out his error and for my honesty he gave me a free bottle of water. 

1 hour ago, shoptildrop said:

Luckily most of my money was in the lock up so they only got like £20 and they didn't steal the fella's stuff....I do use the lock ups but don't general put phone or camera in there, as they stay on me..

I only got the camera 2 days before the festival and the phone was new too but what can you do...I reported it so they might be small chance of stuff back, phone has thumb print lock anyway but I'm sure they know how to wipe that...we'll see

hopefully you will get it back, it was our neighbours that bore the brunt of the thieves, thank god my mate was up I was passed out

42 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I found a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone in a compost toilet in Pylon, I handed it in as it was locked and didn't have a number to phone in screen, hope it found its way back to the owner

Don't suppose you remember is it was light silver with clear check case? I was no where near pylon but that's the same as my phone that was stolen

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Don't suppose you remember is it was light silver with clear check case? I was no where near pylon but that's the same as my phone that was stolen

It wasn't mate no, it didn't have a cover on it and was black with a black background, it had been left face down with the light on as it was quite late at night 

We had a group pass through our camp on Thursday morning. They didn't do the usual good morning, nod, apologise, smile or even speak. Just ignored us and were looking into any of ours tents with a door open. They did get a few suspicious glares from us with murmurs of "casing the joint" This was oxlyers. Thankfully nothing stolen.

Virtually no theft, a MASSIVE change from many many years at the festival in the 80s and 90s when every other person seemed to get turned over. The stories of people using Stanley knives to slash your tent and steal the jeans that you were using as a pillow and sleeping on (full of your cash etc.) were 100% true. 

I've just found out that one of may mates got robbed of £500 on the first night they arrived. They (he and his wife) had arrived late and thought they'd risk it for the one night and get to the lock ups in the morning. An incredible stance to take since several of the crew were actually lock up staff, they'd been educated on tent theft, there was a lock up near to the campsite. I suppose that on the upside £500 is a piss in the ocean to this blokes wealth, but I'll bet he doesn't do it again all the same.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've just found out that one of may mates got robbed of £500 on the first night they arrived. They (he and his wife) had arrived late and thought they'd risk it for the one night and get to the lock ups in the morning. An incredible stance to take since several of the crew were actually lock up staff, they'd been educated on tent theft, there was a lock up near to the campsite. I suppose that on the upside £500 is a piss in the ocean to this blokes wealth, but I'll bet he doesn't do it again all the same.

Why would you need £500 quid at Glastonbury..... You could get  through the days with as little as £50 pounds 

6 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

Why would you need £500 quid at Glastonbury..... You could get  through the days with as little as £50 pounds 

It says for himself and his wife. And not everyone wants to scrimp by on £50 for the festival. Really annoys me when people expect others to do the festival how they do it. 

I easily got through £250 sampling lots of food, cocktails and browsing around the stalls. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

It says for himself and his wife. And not everyone wants to scrimp by on £50 for the festival. Really annoys me when people expect others to do the festival how they do it. 

I easily got through £250 sampling lots of food, cocktails and browsing around the stalls. 

Well ur just wasting money being ripped off..... You can get better stuff for a lot less  else where

5 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

Well ur just wasting money being ripped off..... You can get better stuff for a lot less  else where

And how pray tell am I being ripped off? And where would one go to get this better stuff you speak off? Fucking ridiculous comment.  

Just now, H.M.V said:

And how pray tell am I being ripped off? And where would one go to get this better stuff you speak off? Fucking ridiculous comment.  

Prices are  always a lot  higher then the stuff on your local high street at festivals

4 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

I agree with H.M.V... Although I have lots of holidays, Glastonbury is the one place I don't want to scrimp on. If I want it, I buy it. I take £400 for myself. If I spend it, so be it. If I don't, bonus. You really shouldn't tell other people how to spend their well earned cash. 

6 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

Prices are  always a lot  higher then the stuff on your local high street at festivals

But I'm not down the local highstreet. I'm at Glastonbury festival sampling delicious food not having a fucking cheeky nandos. Jaysis 

19 minutes ago, Rick182 said:

tell me about it.  £8 for a cocktail!  still drank fucking loads of them though, my local high street wasn't too convenient at 4am in Shangri La.