NAMED PERSON ON CAMPERVAN TICKET IN VAN

Travis Tee

25 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

Hi

How strict will this be policed. I have mates who are going up with a camper van ticket with another mates name on who can't go up till later now so won't be in the camper van. Will they get in?

Cheers

TT

Personally I very much doubt that GFL have gone to the trouble of adding the CV pass holders details to the pass only to disregard it. This was done to stop touting, sorry not the answer you wanted to hear.

You mean that these people have their ticket as well as the ticket with their mate's photo on?  I think they will be stopped at the gate, but there's a chance that they could explain that the mate will be joining them later, which is reasonable.  The problem is that this was introduced to stop touting, so how harshly will the stewards enforce the procedure.  Maybe email the festi office and ask this question?

edit - I meant that the only chance of getting in is if you have all the tickets, and your mate joins later, but that's only a chance.

Edited by carlosj

Just now, neil_hill_1 said:

i too would like to know the answer to this. :)

as Stone Circle has said, it's unlikely they'd have added the name to the cv pass as an anti-touting measure and then do nothing with it at the gates.

They check the photos at the festival entrance gates, so I strongly suspect that at the cv fields gates they'll check for a festival ticket with the same name as the cv ticket,

They perhaps won't go as far as checking the face for that entrance ticket, but even that part of things might be done.

I wonder what will happen when people try to get in wiht another ticket. GFL presumable doesn't want tailbacks and disruption to the traffic. If they turn someone away, how will they get offsite, what's the contigency plan for them? it seems already that there's a lot less touting/selling on of tickets this year, so it's already succeeded to a certain extent.

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Trouble is if they don't enforce it it will only be this year that it has succeeded. Word will get out that people got in so next year the selling on will increase again. 

Absolutely. That's my thought too. Just wonder how they're going to sort it out. CV West for example is single track access going in, right off the road. To then turn someone away would be tricky

4 minutes ago, Mardy said:

I wonder what will happen when people try to get in wiht another ticket. GFL presumable doesn't want tailbacks and disruption to the traffic. If they turn someone away, how will they get offsite, what's the contigency plan for them? it seems already that there's a lot less touting/selling on of tickets this year, so it's already succeeded to a certain extent.

I think you're right, it would be almost impossible for them to turn vehicles around by the time they get to where the tickets are checked (In East it's maybe a mile or so down a single track lane before you get to the field where the ticket checking is). Can't be certain but I reckon if you were to say something like 'oh *name* is in the CV you've just let through ahead of us...' is as good enough a blag as to work (Mind you if everyone now says that it won't be!)

East won't be an issue, they pull you into a field, and there;s and exit back out of the same field onto the roads

Long story, but 7 years ago , a friend had received their campervan pass and one of their participants tickets but not the other (it hadn;at arrived due to post and was told to collect it from the collection point) - they got turned away on the Tuesday and told to come back on the Wednesday, so just drove straight back out of the same field

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I think you're right, it would be almost impossible for them to turn vehicles around by the time they get to where the tickets are checked (In East it's maybe a mile or so down a single track lane before you get to the field where the ticket checking is).

East is a breeze to kick out any people they're not letting in the field (I don't know about West).

They don't send people back up the lane they've driven down as it's a one-way system, they carry on in the same direction where there's just about no traffic.

how many camper van tickets was it possible to purchase in the ticket sale ?

Ive been going for over 20 years but only the last 3 in a van and in the panic to just get our tickets I haven't really noticed in the last few years if it was possible to buy several to then sell on at a profit. 

I remember well the outrageous touting of tickets post the new fence but pre registering days and agree wholeheartedly with the new registration system. But had camper van tickets been changing hands at inflated prices in the pass few years to the extent that was it necessary to name the van tickets.

If you can only buy them at the same time as your actual tickets or when paying the balance as it was until this year I would have thought only a few would change hands, were many people adding a campervan ticket they didnt need just to sell on ?

i have  friend who has a large plot to sell as we/he now has on site access. the person whos name is in the ticket will be there from tuesday so can come and meet. seems a shame to go to waste. i know you should not really be using this site to sell stuff but pm me if interested.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

East is a breeze to kick out any people they're not letting in the field (I don't know about West).

They don't send people back up the lane they've driven down as it's a one-way system, they carry on in the same direction where there's just about no traffic.

OK I stand 'corrected' by my bed.

No bloody chance of getting rid of my spare CV ticket then!

12 minutes ago, tigertoo said:

Ive been going for over 20 years but only the last 3 in a van and in the panic to just get our tickets I haven't really noticed in the last few years if it was possible to buy several to then sell on at a profit. 

I remember well the outrageous touting of tickets post the new fence but pre registering days and agree wholeheartedly with the new registration system. But had camper van tickets been changing hands at inflated prices in the pass few years to the extent that was it necessary to name the van tickets.

If you can only buy them at the same time as your actual tickets or when paying the balance as it was until this year I would have thought only a few would change hands, were many people adding a campervan ticket they didnt need just to sell on ?

It was only 1 ticket in the last sale per transaction. We wanted 3, and had to get them with 3 people (we go in a 3 van convoy so entry would have been together anyway).  There was no security of reusing registration numbers like the festival tickets - so that is why some people have multiple tickets, in that several groups got through for the same person.  The sales haven't been as protected as the festival tickets (photos, names etc) so this was just the last loophole closed, as there had been some steep prices charged.

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

OK I stand 'corrected' by my bed.

No bloody chance of getting rid of my spare CV ticket then!

Is there no-one who will join you at the entrance and go in with you?

13 minutes ago, tigertoo said:

I am not sure how many could be bought in the sale this year but it has been a maximum of 2 in previous years.

Yes campervan tickets became something that could be and were sold at a highly inflated price as they were simply passes with no record of who had purchased it. 

To counteract this in 2013,14 and 15 Bonedaddy (I ran it in 2014) ran a thread on here to prevent touting. Buyers were matched with sellers for tickets offered at face value. Even by doing and creating a fair system, there were still certain individuals who tried to make money talk and move themselves higher up or off the list.

Passes were appearing on GumTree and eBay for as much as £250 and were snapped up.

I am pleased they did nip it in the bud and stop touting of CV passes though. However, it is a shame this year that many will be wasted, perhaps the festival should allow refunds on these after the 6 May deadline.....  anyone in contact with GFL please suggest this! :) 

OK cheers I will e mail them. Its genuine the person who has the camper ticket has to work but will join them on the wednesday. They want to go on Tuesday to get a good spot. I guess the reply will be all go on Wednesday??

Just now, Travis Tee said:

OK cheers I will e mail them. Its genuine the person who has the camper ticket has to work but will join them on the wednesday. They want to go on Tuesday to get a good spot. I guess the reply will be all go on Wednesday??

yeah, we have tried to return our ticket or request a name change and they have said no its too late. :(

15 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

Unless you have his ticket with you? It doesn't prove the ticket hasn't been touted on, but it's very suggestive that your story is accurate. Would be a brave person to pass their entrance ticket on to a stranger they've touted a CV pass to and expect them to look after it until they could recover it. 

1 hour ago, StoneCircle said:

perhaps the festival should allow refunds on these after the 6 May deadline.....  anyone in contact with GFL please suggest this! 

the deadline for refunds is around that date because it's not really practically possible to refund tickets after they've gone to be printed, as well as after despatch.

There's perhaps time available to do it for people who are furthest down the list and whose tickets will be despatched last, but managing a system with staggered dates would be a pain in the arse, so I can't blame them for using the one date before the start of those final processes.

1 hour ago, hurdy said:

Unless you have his ticket with you? It doesn't prove the ticket hasn't been touted on, but it's very suggestive that your story is accurate. Would be a brave person to pass their entrance ticket on to a stranger they've touted a CV pass to and expect them to look after it until they could recover it. 

This should work. They are reasonable people, explain, show the original ticket and then go meet your mate at the gate Wednesday.

39 minutes ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

This should work. They are reasonable people, explain, show the original ticket and then go meet your mate at the gate Wednesday.

I see do you mean take the ticket with photo on and the camper pass in without the person and then go to meet them a day later?

Just now, Travis Tee said:

I see do you mean take the ticket with photo on and the camper pass in without the person and then go to meet them a day later?

Yes, this is the best chance of getting in, and to meet your mate later.  However, I do suggest you email GF to ask about this, as you may meet a strict steward who turns you away until your mate is there too.  Given your circumstances, that is very strict against you, but it could happen.