Lineup 2018

On 06/11/2017 at 6:03 PM, Will-2609 said:

Did that this year and still didn't manage to book one good headliner.

Eminem was a massive catch his day tickets sold out in 2 days? granted Kasabian were very average and I thought Muse were insane but thats obvs just my opinion, however for the festival surely Eminem was definitely a 'good' headliner. Liam was quite a big undercard?

1 hour ago, Jack w said:

Eminem was a massive catch his day tickets sold out in 2 days? granted Kasabian were very average and I thought Muse were insane but thats obvs just my opinion, however for the festival surely Eminem was definitely a 'good' headliner. Liam was quite a big undercard?

Eminem is shite and even worse live by the sounds of things. Kasabian are awful. I'm as big a Muse fan as you're likely to find on here (seen them 11 times) but they're a fucking shite headliner in 2017 on their third Summer touring a horrific album.

It was probably fine for sales but I was just making a flippant remark about how lame they all were tbh.

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Eminem is shite and even worse live by the sounds of things. Kasabian are awful. I'm as big a Muse fan as you're likely to find on here (seen them 11 times) but they're a fucking shite headliner in 2017 on their third Summer touring a horrific album.

It was probably fine for sales but I was just making a flippant remark about how lame they all were tbh.

fair enough, i loved all the headliners n the subs personally, other than Major Lazer that was a pile of shite

6 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Was it really only the 3rd summer, it felt like they had been milking this tour for fucking ever. But hey at least we got to see them 3 months before they did Blizzcon......wooooo.......

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Eminem was actually quite good. I don't see how Muse could have been good for sales though, everyone who wants to see them has had plenty of opportunities to do so, and the setlists and album they're touring have been shit enough to completely disinterest fans who'd see them multiple times

8 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Eminem was actually quite good. I don't see how Muse could have been good for sales though, everyone who wants to see them has had plenty of opportunities to do so, and the setlists and album they're touring have been shit enough to completely disinterest fans who'd see them multiple times

was my first time seeing them and i can now understand why some people have seen them like 10 times they were so good live

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah Muse were quality but I think people who've been seeing them for years are bored sick. 

Think Muse would have sold weekend tickets due to their rep as a great live band and being someone everyone at least kinda knows. However agreed, don't think they sold many day tickets...

which acts do we think are pretty nailed on to be playing?

I'd be surprised if any of these aren't booked (brackets for where I'm predicting they'll play)

1. Foo Fighters (main headliner)
  2. Wolf Alice (3rd main)
  3. Don Broco (4th main)
  4. Nothing But Thieves (2nd NME)
  5. The Amazons (mid NME)
  6. Declan McKenna (low main)
  7. Fickle Friends (low main)

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I'd be surprised if any of these aren't booked (brackets for where I'm predicting they'll play)

2. Wolf Alice (3rd main)
  3. Don Broco (4th main)
  5. The Amazons (mid NME)

Main stage calling for Creeper, and I guess one of Stormzy / BBK / Skepta gotta be taking a high slot

25 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

2. Wolf Alice (3rd main)
  3. Don Broco (4th main)
  5. The Amazons (mid NME)

Still not 100% convinced by Foos imo as they won't have Foos and Arctics the same year. IMO it will depend on if the Coachella rumours are true, if Arctics are back I think we are way more likely to see them at R+L than Foos (as Foos could do next year, but Arctics would be at Glasto).

Agreed on everyone else (though imo NBT will be 5th/4th on main).

Other people in any order:

Stormzy (sub)
Alien Ant Farm (low main)
The Wombats (probably 3rd down main, maybe NME headline)
Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes (he can't break the streak now, don't know where he will play tho)
Neck Deep (mid main)
Wilkinson (3rd down NME)
Tom Grennan (mid NME)
Way Out West (mid Dance)
Maya Jane Coles (high Dance)
Tonight Alive (mid main)
Tom Tripp (low NME or mid FR)
Amber Run (FR headliner)
My Nu Leng (high Dance)
Krewella (high Dance)
Yonaka (opening main or low NME)
Anteros (opening Main, NME, or womewhere on FR)
J Hus (4th down main)
Sampha (high NME)
Deaf Havana (low main or mid NME) 
Crepper (main)
Troyboi (Dance or 1xtra)

11 hours ago, Jack w said:

fair enough well i think they have attracted quite a lot of a new generation of fans after this year (like myself) so could have done them a lot of good in prep for their new album

For me personally, best set of the weekend. Hearing Showbiz live killed me. 

• Upvote 1

In addition to those mentioned, the following wouldn't surprise me:

Frank Turner (god knows where but surely can't miss two successive years)

Haim (high main, maybe similar to how they had TDCC against a big headliner last year and returning to main the following year)

Charlie XCX (high NME - decent crowd in Dance this year just before releasing new album)

Muna (pulled out this year)

Blood Red Shoes (low main, or high in FR - festival regulars and getting active again)

Pvris (high NME - played this year just as album was coming out and were getting big promo push by Live Nation)

Big Moon and/or Off Bloom (low NME, returning from FR slots this year)

Moose Blood (mid NME - played low main this year but new album in the spring)

Basement, Black Foxxes and/or Lonely The Brave (anyone's guess on stages/placings, but fairly staple line-up fillers and none played this year)

9 minutes ago, WFD said:

Frank Turner (god knows where but surely can't miss two successive years)

Frank Turner didn't play this year? Or am I wrong? He opened the main stage in 2016 as his 10th year in a row, but fairly sure this year was the first time he hasn't showed up at all in the last 10 years.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Frank Turner didn't play last year? Or am I wrong? He opened the main stage in 2016 as his 10th year in a row, but fairly sure last year was the first time he hasn't showed up at all in the last 10 years.

That's what he's saying, Frank Turner should be a must, if he isn't he'll be missing for 2 successive years (2017 & 2018)

3 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

That's what he's saying, Frank Turner should be a must, if he isn't he'll be missing for 2 successive years (2017 & 2018)

ahhh yeah I see I read it wrong. Still not sure he's a definite to be booked. It's kinda like the novelty of him being booked every year has ended now so unless there's a good reason to book him he probably won't be booked.

Shikari were similar, they used to show up almost every year in some form, but then they stopped doing it for a year or two and haven't been back since. Will be interesting to see if they are booked next year with their new album out.

That's what I meant yeah, and kind of had the same thought, that once his streak has been broken he isn't as obvious a booking as he previously was - still think he'll turn up next year in some guise.

Meant to put Enter Shikari on my list too actually, think they'll return next year.

I saw maybe half a set on BBC Introducing this year so no idea who is likely to get a bump up from there to FR next year, but there's bound to be a couple.

Edited by WFD

Anteros were on the Jack Rocks stage and I think they'll easily be opening a stage (FR had them at community too). Plus Baby Strange imo is likely to be booked (played Jack Rocks last year and have played FR previously)

BBC introducing also seems to be pushing Mowbeck a fair amount (though that may be cause they are local to me), I don't think they played this year but can easily see them for next year