places to buy cider before you get to glasto

guypjfreak

so we had to pop up to see a mate and on way home i saw a sign for CIDER so thought sod it spun the car round and found this small farm ....funny thing was it had some bottles from BURLY cider farm so i asked him why he had those and it only turns out that some of his apples go to the cider farm we go to down here ...mad ah so im in the middle of nowwhere buying basically the same cider i can buy down here ...what the chances ah ..im drinking it at the mo so it gave me the idea to post this thread ..hope it helps ..G

ANYWAYS its great cider so and it comes from LITTLE WESTON FARM which is just off the A303 past the turn off to castle cary ......heres its www thing lol

http://www.kingbraincider.co.uk/News.html

if any one else has any post here so others can buy and be happy

Living in Ciderset for a couple of decades and being a cider lover I do like to think that a have some insight into this.

If you have time to make a little diversion this is the place to stock up. Blows Burrow Hill to bits and I'm not going to lower myself by commenting on that Brother's chemical muck.

Here, you will not be disappointed.

http://www.richscider.co.uk/ 

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
typo (cider induced)

Does anyone know anywhere that sells empty bags for putting cider in? My local cider press sells and excellent still cider but they only do it in a 20L bag

That's way to much for me to carry round so I'd like to decant it into smaller bags but I don't know what to search for  

2 minutes ago, sloseph said:

Does anyone know anywhere that sells empty bags for putting cider in? My local cider press sells and excellent still cider but they only do it in a 20L bag

That's way to much for me to carry round so I'd like to decant it into smaller bags but I don't know what to search for  

Try the Poundland 10 litre carriers. Sterilise them with a bit of Milton Baby Bottle stuff which my husband always uses for water carriers, jam jars and bottles for making sloe gin etc.

6 hours ago, JanieM28 said:

Try the Poundland 10 litre carriers. Sterilise them with a bit of Milton Baby Bottle stuff which my husband always uses for water carriers, jam jars and bottles for making sloe gin etc.

If you intend to use these, test them with water first. I've found that quite a few of them leak, pin holes and stuff. 

Many thanks again to all. Rich's and Parsons Choice look temptingly close to the M5; Can see myself getting some on the way home to Yorkshire also.

14 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I'm not going to lower myself by commenting on that Brother's chemical muck.

Being a first timer.... I've been a little confused about this. Whilst perusing the boards Brothers seems to have an almost biblical following which has left me thinking "Are they on about the same Brothers?!". This is the fizzy sweet supermarket stuff, yeah? Or do they sell some unprocessed stuff specially for the festival?

13 hours ago, sloseph said:

I don't know about bags, but what about carbonated bottles, like the fizzy water bottles in supermarkets? Aldi do 4 x 2L for about £1. You can stick them in the lockers and check out a daily ration then.

For those that do like Brothers they usually sell the festival strength in big crates from the Shepton Cider Mill a few days in the run up to the festival.

Can't remember the price and quantities though. Sure someone on here will know however! 

Having been here a while now (Somerset) I'm discovering that there are lots of small producers making and selling their own Cider in fact I'd say we're spoilt for choice, my two favourites have already been mentioned but lots more is always available " over the farm gate" and lots more from local farm shops.. The COOP in Glastonbury always has a large selection and fills its store for the festival I've been trying to avoid the big brands since moving back here and supporting the local producers.

35 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

For those that do like Brothers they usually sell the festival strength in big crates from the Shepton Cider Mill a few days in the run up to the festival.

Can't remember the price and quantities though. Sure someone on here will know however! 

Would be interested to know what's going on at the mill it's been threatened with closure since January the parent company are moving production to Ireland, Brothers are rumoured to have brought the bottling plant so some hope for a few jobs.

Everyone should pop in to Richs Cider in Mark, old well established Cider farm and there stuff is available on site but you can get big 3ltr bottles at the shop. If you get off at burnham not Bridgwater and cut through mark, east Huntspill & wolavington. It can actually save time too if there's traffic on the m5. 

On 19/05/2016 at 2:27 PM, BadgerMatt said:

We usually drive down via the A303 on the Wednesday evening, arriving around midnight. I'm guessing it's unlikely any local cider vendors will be selling at this time of night. I've never spotted any, but if anyone knows any different, I'd like to know!

i did talk to the geeza at the farm i went to and i reckon if you got in contact you would be able to sort some thing out ,,,he seemed a real open sort of geeza

and its on the A303

Edited by guypjfreak