2016 Secret Resales - Whatsapp Group

T-Mouse

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

Ill get u added tonight. That goes for all people still waiting. Ive a feeling resales could be this week.

Please can everyone try to keep quiet in the groups. Its become tiresome having people message irrelevant stuff. Being woken at 6am with a message "have they been on sale yet" is a bit silly. Please all i know ots desperate times but keep chat away from the groups. Im fairly confident the people who continually chat are not apart of this forum and theyre people whove just cottoned on on FB and dont know how this works. Either way please please keep chat away from the groups.

Yeah - I'm in the 6am wakesapp group (Thanks @T-Mouse!) I politely sent a message advising if they have to ask if they are on sale, they've either missed it or they aren't on sale yet. Although a 6am scare gets me up and out of bed in the morning! :)

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Donkeyradish said:

Yeah - I'm in the 6am wakesapp group (Thanks @T-Mouse!) I politely sent a message advising if they have to ask if they are on sale, they've either missed it or they aren't on sale yet. Although a 6am scare gets me up and out of bed in the morning! :)

haha me too!! I panicked when I woke and saw the messages! 

6 minutes ago, ukdannyb said:

Can you keep the chat in the Whatsapp group please guys, this is for updates.

I assumed it was the other way around - I don#t want constant Whatsapp messages - and the steer from CityBoy and T-Mouse is that the whatsapp group is purely for alerts, NOT chit chat.

51 minutes ago, Donkeyradish said:

I assumed it was the other way around - I don#t want constant Whatsapp messages - and the steer from CityBoy and T-Mouse is that the whatsapp group is purely for alerts, NOT chit chat.

I suspect sarcasm from ukdannyb but I may be wrong.

Can't you just send a message telling people to shut up with the chatter or they'll be removed from the group?

I don't use Whatsapp so have no idea....just seems odd to have a group to alert to the resale and have people creating 'false alerts' through chatter.

Just now, Keithy said:

Can't you just send a message telling people to shut up with the chatter or they'll be removed from the group?

I don't use Whatsapp so have no idea....just seems odd to have a group to alert to the resale and have people creating 'false alerts' through chatter.

People are messaging saying exactly that, which ironically creates more alerts. Everyone is getting really snipey about any false alarm, even when warranted.

2 minutes ago, zero000 said:

People are messaging saying exactly that, which ironically creates more alerts. Everyone is getting really snipey about any false alarm, even when warranted.

I thought it was run by one person or can anyone add anyone to the group chat?

24 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Only admin can add someone but once they're added, anyone can say something which create an alert.

That's where it falls down. If only the admin could send messages it would be perfect. As it stands you have no other option but to react to any message, whether correct or not, that comes through.

5 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

That's where it falls down. If only the admin could send messages it would be perfect. As it stands you have no other option but to react to any message, whether correct or not, that comes through.

Can't you be quite militant about it and say anyone who posts unnecessary stuff will be removed?

15 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

That defeats the point of having a group. You'd be reliant on one person checking the page constantly rather than a much larger cohort checking it more sporadically. More false alarms are the price you have to pay for being quicker off the mark when it does eventually happen.

Sensitivity vs Specificity in essence.

Edited by zero000
Clarity.

I've been sitting by all my devices all day refreshing everything, have four page monitors going... Yes some people are putting false alerts and it's annoying but we're all in this together - the essence of Glastonbury - and I don't think we shouldnt be getting annoyed with people. Everyone is excited and nervous that's all. And no I'm not someone that's messaged on the what's app group!!!

come on guys... Peace and love and all that!!!!

9 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

I did have to laugh at the "legit" post last night.

My favourite was the person asking in the whatsapp group  "can you add me into the whatsapp group"