Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

Yep, and it says they're headlining on the official Victorious site.

Line-Up-web.jpg

Quality line-up so far, especially for the price. Been the last two years, fantastic little festival. Only things I'm hoping they improve this year are drink prices/cider available. Last year they only had Carling cider for a rip-off £5. 

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, paulmuchmore said:

Yep, and it says they're headlining on the official Victorious site.

Line-Up-web.jpg

Quality line-up so far, especially for the price. Been the last two years, fantastic little festival. Only things I'm hoping they improve this year are drink prices/cider available. Last year they only had Carling cider for a rip-off £5. 

Didn't mind the prices so much as the Spanish Inquisition you got if you asked for more than 1 beer! Totally understand they dont want to encourage underage drinking but if you clearly in your 40's you should be able to buy a pint for a few mates without having to explain who they are for. 

35 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Sorry, just this article from The News doesn't specify Manics as headliners. Makes sense though, two big headliners for the fest. 

Ronson headlining the Castle stage vs Noel 

Thats not official about Ronson is it Matt? Can't see it on the News article you linked to. Plus last year's poster had Castle headliners listed as same size on poster as the main stage headliners. 

2 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Agreed on the drinks thing. ID'd anyone. Bit OTT. 

Never ID'd me (34) but ID'd my girlfirend (31), my brother (32) and his girlfriend (29). They found it hilarious.

Great lineup again. Shame about Ronson. Not that it's just a dj set, more that he will be there at all.

Ronson is just down as a DJ set.

Not many new (ie : none) 'new music' acts announced this year. Last year they had the likes of Fickle Friends (now signed to Polydor), Honeyblood  and Flyte on the bill. Hope they add some of that.

Can't complain for the price of this - Gallagher on his own for £25 is very good value with a decent supporting line up.

Apparently the people behind Victorious may be bringing Southsea Fest back this year (alongside its original organiser) after it had a year off last year and Dials replaced it. Dials are about to announce the line up for an all dayer at Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms soon (taking place April 23) which is currently only £10 early bird and you can get to see a whole day of decent bands.

Portsmouth seems to be the value place to go for live music :)

1 hour ago, wozwebs said:

Saw this earlier and booked up for the Sunday. With wife and kids only £69, what festival prices should be for one day. Well done to them. Cracking line up so far. Booked the Premier Inn a mile away too.

Been last few years...come down from Brum. Quality weekend. Plenty for kids etc to do. They also tend to have bands do quite short time slots which basically means everybody does a greatest hits set. 

1 hour ago, cammie81 said:

Did last year. 30 min (Peter Hook) to 60 mins (Flaming Lips).

That's not bad, Peter Hook was like 5 places down and an hour at a fest like than for a header is fine to run the hits off. Very tempted by this. It's a shame Ash aren't on Saturday as the lineup is superb. Are MSP doing their album show?

I think we'll see slightly fewer 'smaller' act's this year to accommodate a few extra mins here and there. The turnaround is just so quick both for people sorting amp's/mic's out etc and the punter who has to walk through a rather large site. Last year the thread on here all seemed to agree it was the same, going from main to the castle stage back and forth was a massive ball ache. 

Peter Hook played 2 New Order, 2 Joy Division and then a bunch of solo stuff if I remember correctly.

Johnny Marr had about an hour as sub on second stage didn't he? Didnt Basement Jaxx after him get bout 80 mins?

They felt decent set lengths anyway.

Some sets really dragged though like Magic Numbers who's new stuff was WOEFUL, and the Zutons singer Dave Mcwhatever his solo stuff sucked too, wish Grant from Feeder and Ben from Gomez weren't headlining a stage I'd have liked to have seen them, would love both booked as bands. Also Reef would be nice as they're doing IOW.

4 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Peter Hook played 2 New Order, 2 Joy Division and then a bunch of solo stuff if I remember correctly.

Johnny Marr had about an hour as sub on second stage didn't he? Didnt Basement Jaxx after him get bout 80 mins?

They felt decent set lengths anyway.

Some sets really dragged though like Magic Numbers who's new stuff was WOEFUL, and the Zutons singer Dave Mcwhatever his solo stuff sucked too, wish Grant from Feeder and Ben from Gomez weren't headlining a stage I'd have liked to have seen them, would love both booked as bands. Also Reef would be nice as they're doing IOW.

You're spot on about Magic Number's being absolutely dire. Rain pissing it down, waiting about for Fratelli's into Primal I think and it was just hideous. They'll learn from this though, plus they've clearly got a little bit more cash this year going of Noel booking etc. I'm sure the running order will be better this year. 

Edited by seanz25

I actually gave up on the Saturday and missed Primals and Flaming Lips, I was just absolutely soaked through. 

I know im in the minority here but im not a Lips fan but I'd have still watched them, but I love Primals, even though I've seen them tons of times, I thought if I stay this wet any longer im not gunna be in any shape for the Sunday. Shame it was such a walk back to hotel or id have hot showered and came back in dry clothes. I'll be more prepared this year!