Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

I think the pricing's same as last year @luckysalt we booked tickets at the v latest and they where same price as the last tier this year. Could be wrong mind. Do wonder when next announcement will be, I imagine there's a few acts with shows left to sell out on tours right around now that probably mean an earlier announcement will look a lot weaker than if they leave it to mid-April.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23/03/2016 at 11:27 AM, luckysalt said:

Only just bought my tickets, nearly forgot before the price increase! Doesn't look like we will be getting an announcement until after the increase now. 

Must have had strong sales from first announcement so waiting for increase for next announcement, although I notice theres now 4 price stages when im sure last year there were only 3, so maybe thats the difference.

What Glasto have on Tuesday will play a large part if whether I go to this. No one I know here will bother to travel down for it, a mate is more likely to pay stupid money for that garbage Chilis day for Saturday at Leeds.

9 hours ago, seanz25 said:

I think the pricing's same as last year @luckysalt we booked tickets at the v latest and they where same price as the last tier this year. Could be wrong mind. Do wonder when next announcement will be, I imagine there's a few acts with shows left to sell out on tours right around now that probably mean an earlier announcement will look a lot weaker than if they leave it to mid-April.

It's definitely gone up a bit, I got mine for £18 last year. Still one of the best value festivals if you like the line up though.

I just looked it up.

Last year you had THREE different price points

Super Early Bird, which was before any acts were announced and they did the first announcement at £18

The early birds which ran at £25 until July.

Then for July onwards tickets were £30.

This year you had Super Early Birds at £20 [gone up £2]

Then Early Birds after first announcement only at £25.

Then they've already gone up to the final price they were last year at £30

But they've added a £35 ticket for later on, I guess July again.

So basically this year the prices have all gone up £5 per ticket stage, but they added in an extra early bird at £20 before any acts were announced. 

11024703_771084236308525_528851739474036

11102964_771084229641859_661147187499131

LAST YEAR PRICING STAGES AND FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

12347667_887552337995047_251425236553871

12688197_913518085398472_162174541372221

THIS YEAR PRICING STAGES AND FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT

Ahhh my bad. New if it had gone up it wasn't by much! 

In other news, Pete Doherty solo set anyone? Announced for Liverpool Sound City, got a bunch of UK tour dates to none of which are local to Victorious. Would love that. Seen him with Libs in Bournemouth during January and they where great. I'd love either him or Ashcroft. 

Edited by seanz25

On 4/5/2016 at 0:12 PM, Flaminglippy said:

Looking at the timing of last year's announcements, if they follow a similar sort of pattern should get one this week and one at the end of April. 

Weird one currently as there announcement structure hasn't really followed last years, but they've got ton's to announce still, the majority of similar sized festivals are onto there 2nd/3rd/4th announcements already. Also the cheaper ticket deal is now over, so your probably right an announcement this Friday? 

Predictions for the next wave then?

For me:

Travis - Sunday Afternoon Slot Possibly?
Suede - Sub-Headliner Noel Day.
Pete Doherty - 3rd down on Noel Day
The Hives - Somewhere
Editors - 3rd Down On Manics Day?
Guy Garvey Solo Set - Manics Day
Catfish - Castle Headliner - If Not I can see Busted headlining it and Catfish subs or vice-versa. That would slightly contradict the dance act finishing on there like last year but think they're gonna try stick the younger audience over at that stage. 
Jake Bugg - Somewhere? Maybe? If he's not at Reading his stocks fallen massively elsewhere he's visible on the V line-up if you squint your eyes and look through a magnifying glass. Fit's in with the genre and would be a good addition probably not gonna cost a bomb to add either. Manics day as I believe he and Noel don't see eye to eye. 
Neck Deep - Still convinced we're gonna end up with Neck Deep - Not till the next announcement if there is one this week though. They play a show that isn't sold-out in Southampton next weekend. Where they fit in I don't know maybe somewhere on the Castle stage high-up?

5 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Weird one currently as there announcement structure hasn't really followed last years, but they've got ton's to announce still, the majority of similar sized festivals are onto there 2nd/3rd/4th announcements already. Also the cheaper ticket deal is now over, so your probably right an announcement this Friday? 

Predictions for the next wave then?

For me:

Travis - Sunday Afternoon Slot Possibly?
Suede - Sub-Headliner Noel Day.
Pete Doherty - 3rd down on Noel Day
The Hives - Somewhere
Editors - 3rd Down On Manics Day?
Guy Garvey Solo Set - Manics Day
Catfish - Castle Headliner - If Not I can see Busted headlining it and Catfish subs or vice-versa. That would slightly contradict the dance act finishing on there like last year but think they're gonna try stick the younger audience over at that stage. 
Jake Bugg - Somewhere? Maybe? If he's not at Reading his stocks fallen massively elsewhere he's visible on the V line-up if you squint your eyes and look through a magnifying glass. Fit's in with the genre and would be a good addition probably not gonna cost a bomb to add either. Manics day as I believe he and Noel don't see eye to eye. 
Neck Deep - Still convinced we're gonna end up with Neck Deep - Not till the next announcement if there is one this week though. They play a show that isn't sold-out in Southampton next weekend. Where they fit in I don't know maybe somewhere on the Castle stage high-up?

Yeah...could see Travis but reckon would be Saturday afternoon (given Will Young is Sunday's 'special guest'). Hoping for more old school indie...Charlatans, Shed 7, Inspirals. Would love Suede but reckon they'd be too big to sub. Wouldn't be too keen on Pete Doherty...as he is normally an hour late coming on stage and would only get a 45 minute set he'd be finished 15 minutes before he starts

Must be quite hard for festival planners to fill a bill on a day when there is a Gallagher present given they've pretty much slagged off everybody at some point.

Squeeze would be good for a sub or afternoon slot. 

Edited by Flaminglippy

56 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah...could see Travis but reckon would be Saturday afternoon (given Will Young is Sunday's 'special guest'). Hoping for more old school indie...Charlatans, Shed 7, Inspirals. Would love Suede but reckon they'd be too big to sub. Wouldn't be too keen on Pete Doherty...as he is normally an hour late coming on stage and would only get a 45 minute set he'd be finished 15 minutes before he starts

Must be quite hard for festival planners to fill a bill on a day when there is a Gallagher present given they've pretty much slagged off everybody at some point.

Squeeze would be good for a sub or afternoon slot. 

Pete's in good shape currently. The rehab deffo worked this time, you can see he's replaced the drugs with burgers just looking at his build. So I think a slot at the show would suit him nicely. Might be right on Suede but then money talks... Not to sure who else is touring and is big enough to Sub in contrast with who else they currently have and the type of band they normally go for. Charlatans would be fun, not to fussed about the others and another thing would be whether they're touring or not? 

11 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Pete's in good shape currently. The rehab deffo worked this time, you can see he's replaced the drugs with burgers just looking at his build. So I think a slot at the show would suit him nicely. Might be right on Suede but then money talks... Not to sure who else is touring and is big enough to Sub in contrast with who else they currently have and the type of band they normally go for. Charlatans would be fun, not to fussed about the others and another thing would be whether they're touring or not? 

Yeah...Charlatans are playing a few festivals so could definitely be in there. Was hoping for Slaves and Blossoms but both at Reading/Leeds so not happening. Can rule out Courteeners for the same reason. Squeeze are at Carfest South on the Sunday so could easily play Saturday at Vic. 

I'm thinking maybe OCS subbing under Noel and Kaisers under Manics maybe? 

2 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah...Charlatans are playing a few festivals so could definitely be in there. Was hoping for Slaves and Blossoms but both at Reading/Leeds so not happening. Can rule out Courteeners for the same reason. Squeeze are at Carfest South on the Sunday so could easily play Saturday at Vic. 

I'm thinking maybe OCS subbing under Noel and Kaisers under Manics maybe? 

Have you checked the R&L dates? If there's a day gap inbetween it's possible an act could play Victorious. Biffy/FOB/Cage all doing a Glasgow show inbetween R&L weekend. So it's possible. 

OCS/Kaisers sub seems rather weak to me in comparison with the stature of there headliners. I'd have thought they where trying to build a stronger output from the top to the bottom each year if that makes sense. Ie headliners and down. 

10 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Have you checked the R&L dates? If there's a day gap inbetween it's possible an act could play Victorious. Biffy/FOB/Cage all doing a Glasgow show inbetween R&L weekend. So it's possible. 

OCS/Kaisers sub seems rather weak to me in comparison with the stature of there headliners. I'd have thought they where trying to build a stronger output from the top to the bottom each year if that makes sense. Ie headliners and down. 

Yeah...Blossoms, Slaves and Courteeners are all down on the Reading website as Reading Sat 27th and Leeds Sunday 28th. 

OCS maybe third on the bill...Kaisers I reckon would be big enough to sub.  

10 minutes ago, thetime said:

OCS, Shed 7 and bluetones playing together in Leeds end of July. 

That looks a good day out for the 90s generation.

Yeah...was considering that but think its the week before I'm getting made redundant so thinking will have to give it a miss 

Trying to talk a few mates into that 'Shiiiiiine On' Weekender in Nov which looks along the same lines. 

1 minute ago, Flaminglippy said:

Trying to talk a few mates into that 'Shiiiiiine On' Weekender in Nov which looks along the same lines. 

That looks so good, last year's lineup looked fantastic aswel.

Wish they did it in the summer though somewhere, I'm sure it would sell pretty well. To close to chrimbo for me to get away with, I get away with enough for festivals in the summer.

23 minutes ago, thetime said:

That looks so good, last year's lineup looked fantastic aswel.

Wish they did it in the summer though somewhere, I'm sure it would sell pretty well. To close to chrimbo for me to get away with, I get away with enough for festivals in the summer.

Yeah...think its a great idea. Not that bad price-wise either taking into account it includes accommodation.

Quite like the fact its in Nov though, breaks the non-festival season up nicely. 

Just need to convince a couple of mates who are wavering to sign on the dotted line. 

4 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Yeah...Blossoms, Slaves and Courteeners are all down on the Reading website as Reading Sat 27th and Leeds Sunday 28th. 

OCS maybe third on the bill...Kaisers I reckon would be big enough to sub.  

Shame about Slaves and Courteeners would liked to have had either of those. Kaisers to me these days would probably do 3rd down - Similar slot to The Darkness/Fratellis last year,

Just had a look though as I figured bands similar to last years lead-in to Flaming lips - (That's a horrible sentance I just produced there) - The View are on tour and would be a likely fit. But they also are doing a show supporting OCS in Leeds. Shed Seven and Bluetones all playing on that to, I'd put money on at least 3 of those being at Victorious. 

I suppose if you look at this years line-up already confirmed - all be it a very small number of acts - everyone confirmed so far's going on the two main stages right? You've got to think they're likely gonna not just have much stronger headliners this year (That we already know) but a stronger line-up all day on the main stages. Until about 5PM last year the acts on the main stages where still relatively nobody's. 

Also forgot to mention on there FB page when they published the article regarding the boost to the economy there was some negative comments regarding how little they paid local artists last year. Anyone know anything about this? To be expected really but still...

Edited by seanz25

3 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Shame about Slaves and Courteeners would liked to have had either of those. Kaisers to me these days would probably do 3rd down - Similar slot to The Darkness/Fratellis last year,

Just had a look though as I figured bands similar to last years lead-in to Flaming lips - (That's a horrible sentance I just produced there) - The View are on tour and would be a likely fit. But they also are doing a show supporting OCS in Leeds. Shed Seven and Bluetones all playing on that to, I'd put money on at least 3 of those being at Victorious. 

I suppose if you look at this years line-up already confirmed - all be it a very small number of acts - everyone confirmed so far's going on the two main stages right? You've got to think they're likely gonna not just have much stronger headliners this year (That we already know) but a stronger line-up all day on the main stages. Until about 5PM last year the acts on the main stages where still relatively nobody's. 

Also forgot to mention on there FB page when they published the article regarding the boost to the economy there was some negative comments regarding how little they paid local artists last year. Anyone know anything about this? To be expected really but still...

Expect thats the way most festivals would work...get a bit of local, relatively unknown talent on for to make sure that they get their family and friends through the gates...doubt many were on that were there to drag punters in from further afield. That said, saw that 'Kassassin Street', they were decent...would see them again see them again if they didn't clash. The 'Southsea Alternative Choir' were quite a good crack as well.

Edited by Flaminglippy

Some of the local stuff was utter shite, some of it was really good. The alternative choir my mum really enjoyed and I've heard nothing but amazing responses to the Rhythm of the 90's thing. They where that popular I wouldn't be surprised if they headline one of the stages or have an early afternoon slot on one of the main stages,

Regarding Kaisers, I think they're too big to play anything other than sub, they're WAY bigger than Darkness and Fratellis, they probably sell 50 times more tickets each year than Fratellis defo and i'd say 10 times Darkness.

I also don't think they fit under either headliner and wouldn't be enough of an alternative to the headliners we have to headline the remaining Castle slot. Which is against Manics, probably be another dance/urban act.

8 hours ago, seanz25 said:

I have the times still, Sat main was 3.45 first established artist was on and Sun was 1.45 with Texas and then followed by singer out of The Zutons [who really should have played some more Zutons songs to get a bit more interest in him] and it remained well knows then.

Second stage sat was 4.30 with Jaws who whilst not a well known name they're getting a bit of a name and sunday was 6.30 with We Are Scientists.

So Second Stage I think should try and be a bit more well known from 3.30ish and main stage should try from 1.45 each day. I also think if they're struggling, just give the bands a bit longer slots. extra 10 minutes even.  I mean Peter Hook only getting 30 mins last year, could have easily had 45. 

I've had a go at some of the positions for this year using last years times. Dunno if you'll agree.

17zt4z.png

@luckysalt didn't include the afternoon early slot as an established act in the start times as there was unknown stuff on following - They on early purely to get people buying more food/drink on-site IMO. I didn't really consider the Zutons bloke on his own as being majorly the established but each to our own. Jaws weren't all that familiar either even though I knew who they where the mass audiences at the festival didn't know em.

Your timings seem fairly good I'd have everyone bar the Manics on the Saturday back an hour. I think we'll have a few people in between the coral. Not sure on the other acts that day as not massively familiar tbh. Hope your wrong about Ash to and there spacing on the poster indicates to me they'll be mid to late afternoon/early evening on main. Don't want them clashing with others tbh. Ash into Ronson seems strange.

Just last year you look at Main Stage it seemed to be all the stuff geared towards older generation yet second stage were acts who would still be booked at Reading and V or whatever, seemed a bit more of towards a younger crowd. Ash only did Reading, even though I know they've been around nearly 20 years, last year so I thought they'll be whacked on second plus will give them a longer set in that slot. So that was my reasoning behind it. 

I've said this before but the one thing I'd change about Victorious would be longer set-lists.

An hour for the Manics (although it will probably be closer to an hour 10/15 I reckon) is just plain daft. 

You get a band with a slight technical hitch and their set becomes 2 songs....you go for a pint or pee during a set and you end up just catching the last song. 

Just have 7 or 8 bands on the main stage and give those bands an extra 15 minutes each. 

Think we need another announcement now so we have something more concrete to talk about.