Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's a half-decent announcement all considering the price and what have you. I'll admit I'm slightly dissapointed that there's no real surprises for me. Or at least ones that excite me, not wanting to sound like a stuck up twat but as someone else mentioned I predicted Editors and Travis a while back. 

One thing I really like though is there's way more 'name' bands gonna be on during the day than last year. If you look at both announcements together there's gonna be more stuff to watch and see earlier in the day. @FlamingLippy said boomtown rats unlikely to rope punters in and he's probably right but don't know if that's gonna be a major thing this year with way more artists people will have heard of. Think they'll just use that slot as a legends slot for the sake of it going forward. 

Edited by seanz25

39 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Keep forgetting the Horrors have been added. They're stocks fallen so bad it's incredible. Shame to I like there music. 

If you think it has then you must have overstated their stature beforehand. They've stayed at the same level for about ten years, somehow, and this is more of the same I would think.

Props to Victorious on another fantastic offering for such a relatively low price. Leicester City of music festivals. :lol:

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you think it has then you must have overstated their stature beforehand. They've stayed at the same level for about ten years, somehow, and this is more of the same I would think.

Props to Victorious on another fantastic offering for such a relatively low price. Leicester City of music festivals. :lol:

When I attended Reading in 2014 they had a half-decent NME slot mid-afternoon, two years later they're low down on a festival that costs £25

Just now, seanz25 said:

When I attended Reading in 2014 they had a half-decent NME slot mid-afternoon, two years later they're low down on a festival that costs £25

You could make this comparison with most of the bands on the bill though. The whole deal with Victorious is that it's got a much bigger line up than your average £25 ticket event.

Besides, they're not 'low down' and they were still third down on the second stage at R+L so it's not like they were juggernauts then.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You could make this comparison with most of the bands on the bill though. The whole deal with Victorious is that it's got a much bigger line up than your average £25 ticket event.

Besides, they're not 'low down' and they were still third down on the second stage at R+L so it's not like they were juggernauts then.

True.

The price is low but the capacity is huge. It can considered a large or medium festival depending on what figures mean more to you but I think it should be recognised that they're an event of note on the festival calendar and the value of the ticket shouldn't detract from that in my opinion.

I reckon The Horrors will sub second stage. 

If you look at Main Stage for Saturday now I reckon its full of the name acts

Manics

Travis

Editors

The Coral

Levellers

Boomtown Rats

The Selecter

Sound of the Sirens [they've said they're on main stage] 

Think thats how it will look, then second stage, headliner tba, The Horrors, Emmy The Great, Rat Boy, Raleigh Ritchie. 

If you think that main stage alone ain't worth £25 then you're fucking insane.

Sunday still looks pretty open, reckon Wolfmother will be fourth down, leaving sub and third still empty. Really hope we get Ashcroft still and they're waiting til Isle of Wight is done. 

Edited by luckysalt

25 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Manics

Travis

Editors

The Coral

Levellers

Boomtown Rats

The Selecter

Think thats how it will look, then second stage, headliner tba, The Horrors, Emmy The Great, Rat Boy, Raleigh Ritchie. 

Sunday still looks pretty open, reckon Wolfmother will be fourth down, leaving sub and third still empty. Really hope we get Ashcroft still and they're waiting til Isle of Wight is done. 

Yeah...agree. Don't think Editors will headline the 2nd stage on the basis that a) them clashing with Manics wouldn't make sense and b ) Mark Ronseal is now showing as 'Castle Stage Headliner' on the Victorious website and Editors aren't. 

Its worth more than the £25 just for Editors/Travis/Manics! Anything else is a brucie. 

They've had Ronson labelled as Castle Headliner since first announcement dude.

So looks like we still have a few big names to come, but im happy with both days as it is now tbh.

Sunday for Noel, Ash and Wolfmother is worth £25. Nevermind anyone else. Hell an Ash gig alone is around £20!

38 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Manics

Travis

Editors

The Coral

Levellers

Boomtown Rats

The Selecter

I certainly agree it's worth the money, bear in mind it's now £32 a ticket. Only Manics and The Coral I'd make an effort for. Certainly going to wait for the Glasto drop and hope that The Coral and Ash are in that, if so it' kind of makes this not worth bothering with, but to be honest that was the case from the start.

8 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Sunday for Noel, Ash and Wolfmother is worth £25. Nevermind anyone else. Hell an Ash gig alone is around £20!

Not for the set length Ash will get it's probably not.

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I certainly agree it's worth the money, bear in mind it's now £32 a ticket. Only Manics and The Coral I'd make an effort for. Certainly going to wait for the Glasto drop and hope that The Coral and Ash are in that, if so it' kind of makes this not worth bothering with, but to be honest that was the case from the start.

Not for the set length Ash will get it's probably not.

Course it is, cus I'll get a bit of Ash and the other acts on top. 

You say its worth the money then quote me again saying its not. 

Its MY opinion, I paid £25 [well £27 with fees] so IM saying for me Noel, Ash and Wolfmother even if their sets combined only adds up to 2 hours- 2 and a half hours, for me thats worth £25 and im comparing that to an Ash gig which might be what? 70 mins? £20? Yeah its EASILY worth what I paid for Victorious.

Obviously though everyone ain't gunna like the same line ups, hope you enjoy Glasto.

49 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Course it is, cus I'll get a bit of Ash and the other acts on top. 

You say its worth the money then quote me again saying its not. 

Its MY opinion, I paid £25 [well £27 with fees] so IM saying for me Noel, Ash and Wolfmother even if their sets combined only adds up to 2 hours- 2 and a half hours, for me thats worth £25 and im comparing that to an Ash gig which might be what? 70 mins? £20? Yeah its EASILY worth what I paid for Victorious.

Obviously though everyone ain't gunna like the same line ups, hope you enjoy Glasto.

I was saying the set length Ash will get it wouldn't be worth the £20 you pay for a full set. I'm not disputing whether it's worth the money overall for the Saturday just that it's not worth my travelling time down there for the additions.

2 hours ago, seanz25 said:

Worth noting now I've looked again they're sharing a lot of acts with Y Not Again this year. Similar to last year.

I'll predict now Sunday will get The Hives and Ashcroft. Catfish to headline the Castle.

Thinking about the Y Not bands...how about Madness? Free the Sunday although playing London the Monday.

Still hoping for Ashcroft though. With Charlatans on before him then Noel after. That'd do the job!