Victorious 2016

Flaminglippy

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday massively pisses over Sunday. MSP, Travis, The Coral and Levellers is great, just a shame I think it's shorter sets than most other fests. DMA's in there too, no hard decision over Travis and Editors but Travis won't be as good as Tuts tent 2013, that was class.

Sunday for Ash isn't really worth it so possibly just spend the day in Portsmouth and come home.

The Stage Splits have made the fest look ten times worse.

looks like main and castle stage are now complete and its underwhelming to say the least.

Who is booker has done a great job but then the positions are woeful.

Main Stage Sunday looks shockingly bad, Echo and The Bunnymen subbing? Ah well overall its still great value for money just the placings are all over the place.

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

I just don't understand Saturday why Wretch 32 isn't subbing Annie Mac on castle stage and then put Editors under Travis on main, would make SO much more sense.

This. Wretch 32 looks like he's been listed on the wrong stage and it kinda contradicts what they had last year on both stages in a sense and what it appeared they were aiming again to do this year. More nostalgic acts on main, acts for younger audience on the castle. 

Although I was thinking wasn't last year a case of acts right up until the headliner being on everyother half-hour or so between the two stages.

So you'd have Travis on @ 8:00 till 8:45 and then Editors on at 8:35 till 9:10/9:15 then headliners? I remember it was a frantic sprint from both stages constantly but if you where competing in some form of Athletics you'd be able to catch most acts.

Edited by seanz25

Just now, seanz25 said:

This. Wretch 32 looks like he's been listed on the wrong stage and it kinda contradicts what they had last year on both stages in a sense and what it appeared they were aiming again to do this year. More nostalgic acts on main, acts for younger audience on the castle. 

Its not even as if Editors have been put in that slot so they get a longer time, third on common and sub on castle get the same set length.

6 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Although I was thinking wasn't last year a case of acts right up until the headliner being on everyother half-hour or so between the two stages.

So you'd have Travis on @ 8:00 till 8:45 and then Editors on at 8:35 till 9:10/9:15 then headliners? I remember it was a frantic sprint from both stages constantly but if you where competing in some form of Athletics you'd be able to catch most acts.

Nope that was the case up until the 3rd downs. Times I've used are exactly the same as last year (bar the special guests, which are still the same times just the days swapped) 

Edited by MattDavies__

5 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Nope that was the case up until the 3rd downs. Times I've used are exactly the same as last year. 

Ah.

Is that the Sunday Castle line-up complete? Seems way weaker than we anticipated if so. I'd still expect one sub-headliner there and as others have said 2 for the main?

Noel
Ashcroft
Pete Doherty
Echo & The Bunnmen - (How big are they?)

Edited by seanz25

2 minutes ago, seanz25 said:

Ah.

Is that the Sunday Castle line-up complete? Seems way weaker than we anticipated if so. Suggestions of Catfish, McFly, etc.

There were 11 acts on that stage last year, so if its the same this year there is one more to come on Saturday and two for Sunday - its not so obvious where they're going to slot in though. 

I think it's pretty clear there is going to be at least one act above Echo & The Bunnymen, for example. 

Still haven't decided whether to go this year. I went last year for the weekend and its certainly value for money. Though, I have to say I've been a bit disappointed by the last two announcements, particularly the stage splits. I guess the first announcement was a lot to live up to though.

Feels such a waste to see Emmy the Great on the acoustic stage and presumably clashing with the other headliners; and I absolutely love Echo & the Bunnymen, but I'm assuming the Sunday sub-headliner is still to be announced. 

Still a lot of good stuff though, so may end up going again.

Think the next announcement is probably key then, right now although the headliners are far better than last year, everyone else below isn't really making much of a difference. I'd say there's a possibility they may have had McFly booked for Castle sub and was set to be announced with this but there postponment of the tour could have possibly ruined it. Would seem plausible. Would have also been realistic and made this annoucement overall a lot stronger.

22 minutes ago, Vacant0 said:

This announcement doesn't look that strong because it doesn't feature McFly? You what?

I was suggesting they had McFly wrapped up to sub the Castle stage - Tied in with Annie Mac, Wretch 32 that would have looked fairly strong from a commercial standpoint for younger audeinces which this announcement appears geared towards, better than it does now. However they've just pushed back a ton of dates due to injury the other day. So it's possible that this was all set to go and then kinda fell at the last minute. Just a suggestion, could be entirely wrong.

I feel like I'm getting caught up with hypothetical McFly now lol.

Edited by seanz25

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Saturday main two stages complete then.

Sunday looks a mess. Im gunna tweet Victorious and ask if Echo are subbing

Either way I doubt it's going to be Ashcroft under Noel, he's doing two massive gigs at The 02 and Liverpool Echo later in the year and at £45 for a good seat/standing apposed to Travis at much smaller venues and cheaper tickets would be crazy.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Either way I doubt it's going to be Ashcroft under Noel, he's doing two massive gigs at The 02 and Liverpool Echo later in the year and at £45 for a good seat/standing apposed to Travis at much smaller venues and cheaper tickets would be crazy.

Ashcroft's doing support for Noel at Glasgow summer sessions on the Friday of Victorious weekend though?