Veggie since Glasto

carreg_cennen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, carreg_cennen said:

Just wondered if anyone else had changed their diet after going to Glasto?

This year we got home after a week of fantastic vegetarian food and thought 'Why are we bothering with meat when Veggie food is so good?" So we've both been veggies ever since, has anyone else done the same?

I am a veggie now (but not cos of festival food) but even when I ate meat I never used to at any festivals due to the huge variety of delicious veggie food at them.

GF is simply amazing for the choice of veggie food.

14 minutes ago, carreg_cennen said:

Just wondered if anyone else had changed their diet after going to Glasto?

This year we got home after a week of fantastic vegetarian food and thought 'Why are we bothering with meat when Veggie food is so good?" So we've both been veggies ever since, has anyone else done the same?

great stuff! The range of veggie stuff at glastonbury is brilliant. What was your favourite stall? For breakfast my go-to place was the stall to the left of the other stage which sold tremendous veggie wraps (and the stalls there are usually woeful). Really nice dude serving too, he always seemed to be away with the fairies...For lunch it was something from the greenpeace fields (some ace salad places there). And for the evening meal once I was smashed it was usually one of the veggie burgers from this place. A bit boring maybe, but they come in a lovely wholemeal bun with loads and loads of salad. Happy days!

img_3927.jpg

Edited by russycarps

7 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

I was vegetarian in the early nineties when I started going to Glastonbury, but since I've packed up fags I've taken up bacon and sausages instead.

I always found it was tricky to keep sausages alight, and a twenty a day habit is a serious problem for your arteries ;)

8 minutes ago, russycarps said:

great stuff! The range of veggie stuff at glastonbury is brilliant. What was your favourite stall? For breakfast my go-to place was the stall to the left of the other stage which sold tremendous veggie wraps (and the stalls there are usually woeful). Really nice dude serving too, he always seemed to be away with the fairies...For lunch it was something from the greenpeace fields (some ace salad places there). And for the evening meal once I was smashed it was usually one of the veggie burgers from this place. A bit boring maybe, but they come in a lovely wholemeal bun with loads and loads of salad. Happy days!

img_3927.jpg

My favourite was the lebanese(?) I think , Mezze in the park field - not vegan as there was cheese in it but there again I'm not Vegan , but the flavours were fantastic!

3 minutes ago, carreg_cennen said:

My favourite was the lebanese(?) I think , Mezze in the park field - not vegan as there was cheese in it but there again I'm not Vegan , but the flavours were fantastic!

hmm not sure I tried that place. I am not a vegan either. I'd love to be one, but the thought of giving up cheese is incomprehensible!

6 minutes ago, russycarps said:

hmm not sure I tried that place. I am not a vegan either. I'd love to be one, but the thought of giving up cheese is incomprehensible!

Ditto on the cheese,  The Lebanese place has been on the left as you go into the Park Field fior the last couple of years, where all the restaurants are quite near the bottom, huge plateful of Mezze including a spinach and ricotta filo pastry wrap and stuffed vine leaves for £9 a bit pricey but plenty for two (or one if youre really hungry :P ) and really tasty

Not changed my diet, but one year I came back and decided I should be living a simpler, lower impact life and have been working part time ever since on a much reduced income.  I honestly believe that excessive consumption is what is wrong with the western world and became convinced to not participate in that as much as I was able to.  It's been a few years and, while it can be a struggle at times it has been wholly worthwhile.  

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Not changed my diet, but one year I came back and decided I should be living a simpler, lower impact life and have been working part time ever since on a much reduced income.  I honestly believe that excessive consumption is what is wrong with the western world and became convinced to not participate in that as much as I was able to.  It's been a few years and, while it can be a struggle at times it has been wholly worthwhile.  

Wish I  could do the same but I have a guitar habit to feed lol ;)

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

yeah that happened to me when I went, how many years was that? Nice to hear it still has that effect on some folks

8 minutes ago, Charm said:

So wonderful to hear that. I have been a veggie for over 20yrs now and I think it has something to do with where your mind is at, like a consequence of inner loveliness, not surprising that Glastonbury has done this to you. 
Charm x

Loving the concept of inner loveliness, I need some more of that ! might it seep out to improve my outer loveliness too perchance?

Edited by carreg_cennen

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Ive actually taken up trophy hunting since my first visit to Glasto. Went out to the park last week and drove a rusty iron stake into a mother deers face and then spent 20 minutes picking off its frenzied fawn with a 1942 vintage Luger pistol.

There's a career in dentistry waiting for you in a certain US practice !!

I'm not a vegetarian, however when I go to Glastonbury I pretty much eat veggie all weekend. Ghandi's flip flop and the Lebanese mezze stall in the park are my go to stalls for food when I need my belly filling. The Lebanese stall was probably the nicest food I've had in many a year at Glastonbury. It was lovely, washed down with a pint of brothers after!!! Yum Yum!!

Edited by adjwholovesmusic

In Phnom Penh I went to an army base to go and fire an AK-47. When I got to the range the guy said "You wanna shoe a chicken?" and noting the cage full of live chickens and distinct lack of chicken footwear I realized what he meant and declined; preferring instead to empty an entire magazine into thin air like some cheap A-Team extra.

Could've went to another range and blown up a cow with a rocket launcher but that was miles away.

True story.

3 hours ago, russycarps said:

img_3927.jpg

I LOVE VEGGIES!

Been a veggie for 25 years now and Veggies is my favourite place to go at Glastonbury. I cannot fault them!

I love that a dairy farm is turning people vegetarian!

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years, I also avoid dairy as much as possible but wont cut it out completely. Glastonbury is my food highlight of the year, there are so many amazing foods out there, but there's a such a concentration of them at Glastonbury, nobody else can match it.

7 hours ago, adjwholovesmusic said:

I'm not a vegetarian, however when I go to Glastonbury I pretty much eat veggie all weekend. Ghandi's flip flop and the Lebanese mezze stall in the park are my go to stalls for food when I need my belly filling. The Lebanese stall was probably the nicest food I've had in many a year at Glastonbury. It was lovely, washed down with a pint of brothers after!!! Yum Yum!!

^^^^ This could've been written by me. Best food stalls definitely, and my 'must eat meat at every meal' partner even ate at Mezze last year after watching me each year - and really enjoyed it!