Oooh it's all new

Michaels denim shorts

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a bit of an idiot and joked the line up was released in 2014..... it went down like a pregnant scuba diver .

Im not really to hung up on reputation but when I got 78 in 1 go I knew I'd hit a nerve!!

Sometimes the up/down vote thing is a bit hive mind (see imgur/reddit for how bad that can be).  I'm as guilty as anyone as looking at a dumb post, seeing it has a -12 score and just being drawn to hit the downvote myself.  Once a really big roll starts there is no stopping it.

Sometimes the up/down vote thing is a bit hive mind (see imgur/reddit for how bad that can be).  I'm as guilty as anyone as looking at a dumb post, seeing it has a -12 score and just being drawn to hit the downvote myself.  Once a really big roll starts there is no stopping it.

I usually find myself upvoting posts like that.  Bat for the underdog and all that.

which is also why it might not be a good idea to have it on permanent display like this. Matt42 is on minus a hundred or something (most of which is probably people winding him up rather than him trolling) so it wont be much fun for him to be reminded of it every time he posts. 

Plus as you say, negativity breeds negativity so people might treat him differently seeing his negative score, as daft as that may sound.

which is also why it might not be a good idea to have it on permanent display like this. Matt42 is on minus a hundred or something (most of which is probably people winding him up rather than him trolling) so it wont be much fun for him to be reminded of it every time he posts. 

Plus as you say, negativity breeds negativity so people might treat him differently seeing his negative score, as daft as that may sound.

This happened, a few weeks before the 2014 festival someone, I can't remember who picked a comment up the wrong way looked at my rep and then brought that into the equation as a sort of insult.

They later seen the error of there ways and apologised at the efest meet.

Yep, slinky new look, good upgrade Neil!

I especially like how you can hover over topic titles on the main page and see their first and last posts - really fast for reminding you what the topic's all about :)

And can you now just upload pictures to attach to a post? That'll make life a whole lot easier!

Edited by billum
Finding more good stuff

Would also be interested. I'm railroaded into using IE8 from the office, and I'm guessing the new setup isn't optimised for something so out of date.

I used to log on at work out of session on my ageing thin client to hide it from prying eyes, it could only just about handle the mobile version. This new one, as nice as it is, kills it. 

I used to log on at work out of session on my ageing thin client to hide it from prying eyes, it could only just about handle the mobile version. This new one, as nice as it is, kills it. 

Yeah there's definitely a performance issue with the new version (as nice as it is).  Navigating between thread pages just results in no messages and the 'Loading...' banner at the bottom, which then needs an F5 to refresh the page to load the content.

I'm not a fan of this new layout tbh. Yes there is the star or circle button to see latest or last posts but as far as I can see, it will only take you to the last post providing there has been a new post. If you want to go into the thread and there's not been any new posts since the last time you looked at the thread, you still have to enter via the first page (on mobile version at least).

Also some borders around peoples posts wouldnt go amiss to make it a bit clearer.

Keep up the good work though. This is only intended as constructive criticism.

Cheers.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

Was that just to get the lowest colour/graphic/visual impact version to hide it amongst windows of office work?

Just trying to think what that'd mean in a site for a stealth use 'skin' - a mostly B&W one that looks more like Office Help files?

I'm not a fan of this new layout tbh. Yes there is the star or circle button to see latest or last posts but as far as I can see, it will only take you to the last post providing there has been a new post. If you want to go into the thread and there's not been any new posts since the last time you looked at the thread, you still have to enter via the first page (on mobile version at least).

there's better user navigation for mobile users than in the previous version, tho. It's got to be an improvement, surely?

(PS: the forums structure is nothing to do with me, and has all been done by the people who make the forums software).

Also some borders around peoples posts wouldnt go amiss to make it a bit clearer.

Keep up the good work though. This is only intended as constructive criticism.

Cheers.

If you click on the time/date of the last post under the user avatar on the right it takes you there, agreed though it should stay the star/circle you can click but dunno how malleable the software would be on that. The link is there though at least