Cyclist Pre-Sale 1pm Today

bamber

Heads up in case anyone else was waiting for information about this. If you cycled to the festival last year you should have got an email late yesterday informing you that the Cyclist Pre-Sale is 1pm Today - Wednesday. I'd convinced myself that this was not happening again this year as I'd heard nothing, so I'm glad I read my mail this morning.

I was wondering this too. How do they know where you've actually cycled from? 

In the past there's been no real advantage in cycling, apart from the special campsite (and that is hardly in a prime location) so there's been no incentive to "cheat".

However, when word gets out about this presale you can bet your life there will be people driving down from glasgow and beyond next year and cycling the last couple of miles....

Thing is, where can you park nearby that means cycling in with a car park full of stuff is easy?

I guess you go down in the car, drop your mates and the bikes off down the road. One person drives the car into the car park and unloads all the stuff. Meanwhile one person cycles into the festival, ditches his bike, goes to the fellow with the stuff. That guy then goes and meets the others with the bikes and they cycle in. All go and get the stuff. 

A bit of a faff, but would only take an hour or 2. 

Sorry to piss on everybody's bonfire, but doesn't this involve taking part in a Sustrans guided ride from Bristol to the fest? I actually would like to cycle to the festival, would be a bit annoyed if mickey takers started driving most of the way and cycling a few yards to exploit the system. Mind you, the amount of utter fucking helmets (wheyyyyyy!) that move in cyclist social circles, the campsite atmosphere might benefit from a few cheeky chancers livening up the atmosphere.