Rock Werchter 2016

Tremousse

33 minutes ago, yaniv297 said:

Lots of unconfirmed acts, and it looks quite unrealistic... Kendrick Lamar as barn headliner?

Yes,I know it's very unlikely but it would be a dream for me.

I don't know how big Kendrick is in Belgium (I saw him at Pukkelpop 2013 on an early slot in main stage, but I think after Pimp a Butterfly he has become much more popular).

Anyway I'd like to see him on the lineup.

edit: I also notice that Netsky closes the main stage on Sunday but we are sure he doesn't play this year as he said a few days ago on Studio Brussel.

Edited by alan_ts

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw RHCP 2 times. In '07 and '12. I loved both of those, first one because of all the jams and stuff because I really like John, Flea and Chad as a musicians and I would pay a lot of money to see them jam and improvise but energy put in actual songs was near 0 so 95% didn't enjoy them at all. In 2012 they put like 10 times more energy and they played songs far far better than in '07. New guitarist, Josh, was in chair because of the broken leg and even in that way he had more energy than Frusciante in '07 :lol: 

All the bands announced at Pukkelpop are ruled out of Rock Werchter. So no Green Day, CHVRCHES, Skunk Anansie, Kygo etc. 

Does anyone else than the Download programmer has announced that Foo Fighters were not touring in 2016 ? Cause he had also said it about Green Day...

EDIT : I thought the pkp bill was official but it's not. So this message is useless.

Edited by Tremousse

3 hours ago, Tremousse said:

All the bands announced at Pukkelpop are ruled out of Rock Werchter. So no Green Day, CHVRCHES, Skunk Anansie, Kygo etc. 

Does anyone else than the Download programmer has announced that Foo Fighters were not touring in 2016 ? Cause he had also said it about Green Day...

EDIT : I thought the pkp bill was official but it's not. So this message is useless.

Yep, it's a fake, but just for info, the person that leaked it also said that Green Day were convinced to tour europe in august by Reading and Leeds, and as for The Killers (one date in the US in june), Pukkelpop are forced to be inventive because RHCP and Rammstein, potential headliners touring in august, are already on the Werchter bill.

edit: source: https://cefestivals.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/a-green-day-europaban-augusztusban/ 

Not going to Werchter anymore, but might go there Thursday depending on the headliner/lineup! :) 

Edited by Noeliam

10 minutes ago, Rouckos said:
11 hours ago, Noeliam said:

Yep, it's a fake, but just for info, the person that leaked it also said that Green Day were convinced to tour europe in august by Reading and Leeds, and as for The Killers (one date in the US in june), Pukkelpop are forced to be inventive because RHCP and Rammstein, potential headliners touring in august, are already on the Werchter bill.

edit: source: https://cefestivals.wordpress.com/2016/02/03/a-green-day-europaban-augusztusban/ 

Not going to Werchter anymore, but might go there Thursday depending on the headliner/lineup! :) 

Thanks ! ;)

10 minutes ago, Rouckos said:

Is it possible to have french names ? 

Yes, M83 is probable !

50 minutes ago, Rouckos said:

Solidays : Louise Attaque, Flume, Cypress Hill, M83, Naaman, Synapson, Jaïn, Ibrahim Maalouf

Is it possible to have french names ? 

By the way I really hope Flume

I think Rock Werchter already announced enough electronic acts (kalkbrenner, disclosure, jamie xx, sigma). Anyway I love electronic music so I'd like some other djs/dance artists.

On that list I'd like to see Cypress Hill <3 

2 hours ago, micvet said:

After cancellation of part of the European tour in December 2015, Editors have cancelled their US tour for February and March. Tom Smith is still not cured, apparently some complications.

Think he'll be fine by the time Werchter comes around, if anything he'd want to make sure he is 100% for it as Belgium is where they are biggest and wouldn't want to miss headlining a Belgian fest so would cancel shows to make sure he has recovered fully.

who do you think is gonna be in today announcement ? 

pretty sure we are gonna get some acts of the main square festival confirmed for rockwerchter  : ellie goudling ,years and years,mackelmore,boiz noise and hoping for M83,Bastille,imagine dragons,two door cinema club and the dream would be edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros 

2 minutes ago, tricho said:

Yeah... get ready for a 70 min set with playing some songs twice and talking sh*t inbetween songs.

Hahaha, well if he plays that 1 song I like twice then that's cool. I'm not a fan by any means but with each announcement there's now far too many bands I don't give a fuck about. As it stands I might just go back to leuven Sunday morning and get drunk there instead, it'll be cheaper.

Afternoon folks! Hoping for a Bruce announcement today. It's really bizarre how he's announcing dates, dripping them through when promoters are ready to announce, but otherwise some big rock names would be good. Tenacious D, Biffy Clyro, Slaves all would be welcome (and I also agree that Macklemore would be a decent party closer). Lets wait and see! 

If they announce BS and another raft of mediocre stuff I'll seriously look at selling tickets and going elsewhere. Not sure it'll sell out this year as ticket sales appear slow. Feeling gutted now that we bought tickets, tipi and paid for flights. Fridsy is only day i like so far. 

Edited by Red Day

3 minutes ago, Red Day said:

If they announce BS and another raft of mediocre stuff I'll seriously look at selling tickets and going elsewhere. Not sure it'll sell out this year as ticket sales appear slow. Feeling gutted now that we bought tickets, tipi and paid for flights. Saturday is only day i like so far. 

I'm in exactly the same situation except Friday is the only day I like with a few bands on Saturday.