2017 festival

kaosmark2

28 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I'd be a bit surprised right now if BMTH wasn't one. As said, the co-headliners this year highlighted the issue, which started with the lower day ticket prices before hand as it was clear the pool for opinions was getting smaller.

I'd be as sure as I can that if won't be GNR, they can charge £90 easily for a ticket to multiple stadium dates etc, why play somewhere that people are going to pay £66 for with another 8 bands on that day. UK Festivals might happen but only after they have done their big cash in. I think the fact they were going to choose BST (going with lucky here) instead this year says it all.

Lower day ticket prices were not new to this year though. Was the same in 2015, so could see Metallica (an aforementioned 'huge band') for this lower price. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, rfc_478 said:

Lower day ticket prices were not new to this year though. Was the same in 2015, so could see Metallica (an aforementioned 'huge band') for this lower price. 

I know they weren't, but lineups aren't as strong since the drop in ticket price. 

But remember, the last time Metallica did an outdoor stadium show was 2007, since then it's just been festival shows. It wasn't hard to get tickets for that or their 2009 arena tour.

It's also featured The Libertines who were questioned as headliners and tbh whether you had done BST or not, a bona-fide headliner wouldn't have had an issue selling out those 3 Ally Pally nights after that. The arena tour that went on after was stretching is a bit for me.

13 hours ago, dylangraham said:

Although not rock, I reckon Kanye would pass as a classic act now, and he's a possibility for next year. Kasabian, Kanye, Royal Blood/BMTH

He would also really appeal to R&L current demographic too. Could add Drake to that list as well.

The Weekend as well would be on that list. I know I've probably spelled it wrong but you know who I mean 

On 15/10/2016 at 5:04 PM, thewayiam said:

I see dentalplan is still commenting on what I post when I can't see his input, it's as bad as continuously trying to reach out by inboxing my Facebook LOL. dear oh dear!

Join the Wacky Banter Club

Edited by Gozpot