Foals

The 38 year old virgin

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hadn't noticed this confirmation.  Excellent news.  Was watching their r6 festival gig last night, really enjoyed their Other stage performance and the new material should go down really well on the Pyramid as it's getting dark.

On 3/4/2016 at 11:12 AM, FloorFiller said:

TBC now :D been watching their 2013 set in preparation. that finale of Two Steps Twice on the Pyramid is gonna be fantastic

I love Foals but I love LCD more.  If Foals sub the Pyramid, how much time will there be to get from Pyramid to Other?  Am I likely to have to leave Foals early to get the start of LCD?

Just now, Morgs74 said:

I love Foals but I love LCD more.  If Foals sub the Pyramid, how much time will there be to get from Pyramid to Other?  Am I likely to have to leave Foals early to get the start of LCD?

nah there's usually a pretty big gap between the Pyramid sub and headliner so you should have plenty of time to watch all of Foals and then make your way over to the Other Stage for LCD. that's my plan anyway! last year, for example, The Libertines finished on the Pyramid at 9.30 but Rudimental didn't start until 10.30

4 minutes ago, Morgs74 said:

All the time in the world because LCD won't headline the Other.

Just now, Honeybane said:

And I remember Neil saying that they weren't. A conversation that culminated in him saying Hot Chip were actually a bigger band in the UK.

yet he stated not long ago that he believes the Friday Other headliner is LCD Soundsystem, and has had them there as a SR for months now

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Heard, and read on the Internet, are two completely different things 

Blossoms have said they are playing the Other on Friday with Disclosure and (somehow) Bastille subbing. If you think about it logically they aren't going to clash LCD (headlining Coachella) and Muse (headlining the majority of European festivals) are they.

2 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

Blossoms have said they are playing the Other on Friday with Disclosure and (somehow) Bastille subbing. If you think about it logically they aren't going to clash LCD (headlining Coachella) and Muse (headlining the majority of European festivals) are they.

There absolutely no logical reason why they wouldn't clash LCD Soundsystem and Muse, and I'm sure Blossoms are going to be filled in with the headline plans when they are booked for whatever lowly slot they are playing.. 

Just now, Honeybane said:

that makes no sense at all. that's like saying they aren't gonna clash Disclosure (headlining Reading/Leeds) and Muse (headlining the majority of European festivals). do you really think LCD, an electronic dance-punk act, and Muse, an alt-rock act with overtones of Queen, have so much of a crossover fanbase that they wouldn't put them up against each other?

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

that makes no sense at all. that's like saying they aren't gonna clash Disclosure (headlining Reading/Leeds) and Muse (headlining the majority of European festivals). do you really think LCD, an electronic dance-punk act, and Muse, an alt-rock act with overtones of Queen, have so much of a crossover fanbase that they wouldn't put them up against each other?

Headlining Reading and Leeds is a bit different to headlining Coachella. This is the problem with 90% of this forum, when it is something that they don't like, they think it's a stupid idea when really it makes more sense. LCD won't headline the Other, Disclosure will. How big of a crowd are LCD really going to pull? Bigger than Chemical Brothers? Bigger than Hot Chip playing WH last year?