libertines to start festi next year

guypjfreak

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought they were starting their own festival when I read the topic.

I thought they were good, but nowhere near the Reading 2010 standard. I'd definitely see them again if they opened the festival

They're far better this time around than they were in 2010, when they were playing purely for the money and Pete was still on the hard drugs.

I lost my shit when I seen the backdrop come down but in hindsight it was too big for them. Seen 'em last week in a smaller venue in Dublin and it was absolutely brilliant!

Maybe when the new album's out they can have another stab at the Pyramid

You spend a lot of time watching things you don't like at the Pyramid.

Well I like time for heroes and a couple of others but the pyramid stage was the wrong place for them. It would have been better in the JP tent late at night.

I was only there because I saw motorhead previously, who were absolute garbage so your statement it pretty accurate actually.

The Libertines went shit as soon as the 2nd album came out.

I saw them with and without Peter and they were better without.

I stopped listening to them after that, caught the first song at Glasto as I walked past (I knew it was them by then anyway but was walking past to get to WH for Caribou)and didn't really enjoy it so left. I guess those that are their fans enjoyed it and some of the casuals that were there out of intrigue didn't maybe - each to their own.

They're far better this time around than they were in 2010, when they were playing purely for the money and Pete was still on the hard drugs.

I'd say purely for how the crowd was and being in the thick of it (and absolutely smashed) in 2010 made it better for me. Like you said in another post, nobody seemed to know time for heroes so was quite dead at times, plus I was quite a way back.

Next you're gonna tell us you seen Cockhole and the Ballbags and actually enjoyed it!

I saw the first 20 seconds or so of their first number for a giggle and fucked them off straight away.

Claptrap and the Scrotlicks really ARE shit as fuck

No doubt he is a nasty piece of work

This

I really can't stand Peter Doherty.

I used to work at the Plaza Shopping Centre on Oxford Street as the Security Supervisor, he cost me hundreds in extra security cover and then turned up 6 hours late I think it was, just after the Waterstones had closed and then DEMANDED entry, asking me 'Do you know who I am? My fans are waiting for me'. I told him I did and that he was due 6 hours ago. Looks like fucking daggers mate.