• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does anyone know when we get the coach times too? I'm curious since they give out the set times for all the coach departures

I think they're sent out on the e-ticket! We got from Bristol so could select a time and as far as I know any other destination you're given a set time and have to be on that coach

Taking another virgin with me again and canny wait to see his face.

Seriously, no-one's going to pick up on that Finbar?!

Right, back in the game after a month away from technology.  Still jobhunting, but on the plus side I've managed to get a shitload of decorating and gardening done at Quark Towers over the last few weeks.

From the very brief read through this morning, here goes...

Thurlow, Gumby, Crystal and anyone else - we shall get you tickets in the resale.  Sweat it not my friends.  Sorry I wasn't here to try and get you tickets yesterday, but we had hands full getting a group in.  However come April I will be here for the NFR NFC massive.

Everyone who's going, massively looking forward to you all at the meets in '16.  Tales shall be told, drinks shall be drunk, and subsequently arses shall go over tits.  Not that way, you dirty minded children...

Chris LFC - echoing others in being jealous of your first time.  It's a feeling that's very hard to recreate.  And yes, croissants are awesome.

Matty - sorry we never met up at PP, we got there quite late and then subsequently got banjoed and danced like a fool once security busted me.

Think that does it.  And me?  Sat at the laptop looking at job vacancies!

NFR NFC x

Edited by Quark

Does anyone know when we get the coach times too? I'm curious since they give out the set times for all the coach departures

They'll be confirmed when you get your e-ticket, but you'll be able to find out which coaches you're pencilled in for before that. Can't quite remember when I found out last time, but it was definitely before the balance window. All you do is go to Seetickets' page and check the status of your order, using the booking reference. At the moment it'll probably just say 'X number of tickets and Y number of coach seats, day and town', but some time in the new year, it'll have a time too. Just don't make any plans that can't be changed based on that, though, until it is confirmed on your e-ticket, as they do reserve the right to change it.

This is Glasto 12 (I think) this year and there is STILL loads for me yet to see!

I'm still wondering what is that is the big pointy stage thing all about?

Seems popular

So do I Th! The original plan was to have a new job ready to start this week or next, so that's gone tits up!!

Hi quark, I missed your pointy ears, good luck with the job hunt!

They'll be confirmed when you get your e-ticket, but you'll be able to find out which coaches you're pencilled in for before that. Can't quite remember when I found out last time, but it was definitely before the balance window. All you do is go to Seetickets' page and check the status of your order, using the booking reference. At the moment it'll probably just say 'X number of tickets and Y number of coach seats, day and town', but some time in the new year, it'll have a time too. Just don't make any plans that can't be changed based on that, though, until it is confirmed on your e-ticket, as they do reserve the right to change it.

Yeah mine doesn't show up with anything really just what I ordered in a box. And then something saying they reserve the right to change the times etc. Thanks for that!

There's nothing like it, though that point on thurs/fri when you hit peak and think oh this was SOOO worth it only to remember there's days of it more to come is pretty damn close

Despite not being that bothered beforehand I'm excited enough to be pretty distracted today and failing to get much done

The realisation that GF is actually two different festivals.

Weds and Thurs

and 

the the Fri-sun one

So different, both so fantastic.

Yeah mine doesn't show up with anything really just what I ordered in a box. And then something saying they reserve the right to change the times etc. Thanks for that!

You just gotta make sure your available for the full day mate, our coach leaves from Lime Street right outside the empire dude,

Proper Journey but so worth it, we flew down the motorway and stopped off once at a service station just past half way for a smoke and something to eat coz the driver has to have a break by law these day (fair enough) and on the way back every mofo is paralytic and fast asleep so u hardly notice the journey home your so done in. hahaha.

Let me know if your going Wed or Thurs and i,ll look out for ya if we get given the same coach times that is.

Edited by tommywillo

Is it wrong to kind of prefer the Wed/Thu one a bit? Just asking for a friend of mine...

A friend of, er, mine really likes the Wednesday/Thursday festival, and then gets into a Friday-'Monday' festival.

Our local bakers does Chocolate Croissants - chocolate pastry with a runny chocolate filling.

You will find that on here chocolate is a very interesting subject - as is gin

I don't much like chocolate and I definately don't like gin.

I do like brussel sprouts.. And mushrooms.

Chris, if you want to see everything, you need to talk to BennyHaHa.

You'll also need running shoes.

Ha!

I was going to respond to Chris...

...ignore everything that anyone says about just having to go with the flow, relax, don't fret missing bands etc. This is all a lie. It is perfectly possible to see everything that you want to see. I have managed to do this at EVERY Glastonbury I've ever been to, no exceptions.

All you need is:

1. 9 months of military planning

2. Elite/World-class level physical fitness

3. No desire/need to sleep for five days

4. to realise that actually it's not that much of a big deal to watch a band on William's Green, then one on the Park, then the next back on William's Green

Some people just have no commitment.

I remember my first Glastonbury. You're gonna love it, Chris.

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

welcome Chris - we all like croissants and you have got an amazing time ahead of you next year, no point in comparing to other festivals as there really is nothing like it, but for a "brief" synopsis of a first timers experience dig around for Dr Ben's review of last year which he posted after his first time - on the boards somewhere - a good read!

Glad to have you back Dr Ben.

Manflu still prevailing here :fie:

welcome Chris - we all like croissants and you have got an amazing time ahead of you next year, no point in comparing to other festivals as there really is nothing like it, but for a "brief" synopsis of a first timers experience dig around for Dr Ben's review of last year which he posted after his first time - on the boards somewhere - a good read!

I can't believe you've just blown my cover, D!

Ben

x

You just gotta make sure your available for the full day mate, our coach leaves from Lime Street right outside the empire dude,

Proper Journey but so worth it, we flew down the motorway and stopped off once at a service station just past half way for a smoke and something to eat coz the driver has to have a break by law these day (fair enough) and on the way back every mofo is paralytic and fast asleep so u hardly notice the journey home your so done in. hahaha.

Let me know if your going Wed or Thurs and i,ll look out for ya if we get given the same coach times that is.

Isn't that basically near where all the busses are and the other coach area? I'm assuming it would take around 6-7 hours to get there with the breaks but I'm not too fussed ill just sleep and watch movies on my tablet :D I'm going on Wednesday, and yeah I will be the person who I'm going with is dutch so we will be in England and ready 2 days prior to it all!

Ha!

I was going to respond to Chris...

...ignore everything that anyone says about just having to go with the flow, relax, don't fret missing bands etc. This is all a lie. It is perfectly possible to see everything that you want to see. I have managed to do this at EVERY Glastonbury I've ever been to, no exceptions.

All you need is:

1. 9 months of military planning

2. Elite/World-class level physical fitness

3. No desire/need to sleep for five days

4. to realise that actually it's not that much of a big deal to watch a band on William's Green, then one on the Park, then the next back on William's Green

Some people just have no commitment.

I remember my first Glastonbury. You're gonna love it, Chris.

:)

Ben

Thanks for the welcome's everyone! and wow is that it? not even a challenge... on a different note tho it does seem amazing! I guess ill have to post a long 5 day review once I'm back! ( hopefully not too long )

Everyone who's going, massively looking forward to you all at the meets in '16.  Tales shall be told, drinks shall be drunk, and subsequently arses shall go over tits.  Not that way, you dirty minded children...

Love the above quote from Quark, this actually had me chortling in the corner of the office with weird looks from my cooleagues. Oh how to explain haha..

Afternoon all, I shouldn't be on the tinterweb at work but it is my break and I'm still buzzing so i had to get a bit of NFR in!

Carol and Dorothy, hope you're both feeling better soon.

Welcome back Quark. Shame you havent found work yet, but like you say, It's gave you a chance to get the chores done!

Warm welcomes to admscott... very rarely will I read something interesting on here, but very often I read something entertaining ;)

I don't like croissants.