Top Posters In This Topic

• lucyginger

• mr gumby

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mazzy77 said:

2nd post from a long time lurker to say good luck Ben! I think your my fave poster on here. Ah I feel a bit of a goon now. But yeah, all the best :-) And hi to everyone else. You're my faves too x 

Of course we're your faves too!  Welcome Mazzy.

And I'm off to bed now as sooo tired.

Night all.

Morning all, sun is shining, welcome Mazzy (even if I'm not your favourite) and Forget Ben q10, we've got Ben 44769!! Go Ben 44769 Go!!!

OH, and Glastonbury is on in 2 months!!!!! Watched a lot of the Prince tribute stuff on the music channels last night. Forgot just how ace he was.

Have a great weekend y'all. Will mainly be mowing lawns today, my own and my Mums.

Morning all glorious day here too ToS, 4 days in a row!!!! I watched the Prince stuff too last night and it took me back to some great times. Life is so short! 

After having 13 teeth removed 2 weeks ago my wee dog has been hopping along all week with a very sore leg, she's really having a rotten time of it at the moment and she is milking it for all its worth :) 

its mot not been a great week for my bro in law, after opting out of chemo last week they haven't been able to do it this week as his bloods weren't right. Here's hoping they get back on it this week coming. 

Ben I hope you have the most amazing day tomorrow, don't forget the zinc oxide tape for your feet and make use of the therapists on the route, they'll look after your hip for you. Keep hydrated and enjoy the fab folk you meet along the way :) 

Enjoy the sunshine everyone xxx

37 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Sunny but chilly in Lancs today.  Planned a night out last night but ended up staying in and drinking instead.  Out and about tonight, planning a good boogie to lots of Prince and buckets of cocktails.

Really ought to go to the gym...

Prince and cocktails are much more fun, forget the gym :) 

Just a quick pop in to say thank you (again!) to everyone who is sending me their positive run vibes - Mazzy, blue6field, Swedge, Genie, Babs, Brunette and all. Feel free not to have to track me, but find out afterwards!! No, really...that might be better!!!

Just killing a bit of time, waiting for Mrs Ben and Child 2 before heading down to mooch around the ExCel, meet the Parkinson's UK team, buy a new pair of shoes to run in tomorrow** - you know, runner's stuff...

:)

Ben

**this is, obviously, a little trick for the non-runners out there***

***I bought them yesterday! :D****

****this is also a lie, natch

Hi all. Thanx for the link Oneeye, I have 2 people to track but tomorrow is a bit busy! I'll have a peek if possible.       Good luck Ben!!! Only 20 hours and 10 minutes til the start :blink:

Swedge that joke was so awful I laughed! Always a good sign haha

welcome and hi to Mazzy :rolleyes:

Babs I'm thinking of you... Sounds like a pretty pants time of it. Get well wishes to your B.I.L and your pooch x

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Hi all. Thanx for the link Oneeye, I have 2 people to track but tomorrow is a bit busy! I'll have a peek if possible.       Good luck Ben!!! Only 20 hours and 10 minutes til the start :blink:

Swedge that joke was so awful I laughed! Always a good sign haha

welcome and hi to Mazzy :rolleyes:

Babs I'm thinking of you... Sounds like a pretty pants time of it. Get well wishes to your B.I.L and your pooch x

Aw thanks CG, it could be a lot worse, BIL isn't motivated to help himself and that gets a bit frustrating at times. I'm sure  Molly will be better in a couple of days she's just very sorry for herself at the moment until there's a treat on offer then she can sprint across the room on three legs faster than Usain Bolt lol . Hope all is good in your world today :) xx

I'm back in the countryside for the weekend with our 5 mad spaniels and new (even madder) puppy... trainers on (Ben inspired!!) for a nice run (jog/walk) and then loads of wine to cure last night's hangover with the hare of the dog or the hair of the dog or whatever it's supposed to be!!! Hope your evening is as sunny as this one... almost BBQ weather :wub:

I gymmed yesterday, and had no booze last night, therefore am allowed some tonight :) I have decided to stay home rather than go to the last night of our local alt club, where I spent most of my youth. I'm sad it's closing, but I'm still friends with everyone and really, that's what it was always about for me- the people, not the place. So I'm watching old Spooks on tv and drinking ale out of a can (I have no shame). 

I have made a note of your number, Ben! Will track from the comfort of my sofa! 

Oh and I spent the afternoon making two stuffed whales for friends new babies, got. A little bit to finish tomorrow then I might post a pic of I can work out how. Weather has been sunny but chilly, we're getting there folks! Keep up the sacrifices and praises! 

been ansum down here but a bit chilly in the wind.  I went for a bike ride earlier and did 23.7 miles :) Then thought loads off nutters are running that distance tomorrow (today now!)  - madness!!

And also realised the elite runners and lots of not quite elite ones will do it quicker than I cycled it wtf!!!

I'm working all night tonight babysitting a release - been up all day and now struggling to stay awake all night (with no alcohol)

So far whilst waiting for 'things to happen' I've ordered a hollogram croc bum bag and a hologram sweatshirt .... am feeling the sparkel this year. Now just drooling over a pair of mermaid leggings !

Good luck Ben xx

Checking in for the last time pre-race!

Have been up since 6, just easing myself into the day, thinking about what I have to do later.

Lots of gentle.stretching and currently tucking into granola!

I'll be back later, hopefully with tales of bravery, success and not TOO much agonising pain!!!

As I've said so many times, thanks guys, you're the best.

Ben xx

Marvellous stuff benny. Have a fantastic day, take it all in and try not to blubber when you cross the finishing line :)

Perfect race conditions I reckon, and who knows you could be the 1,000,000 th finisher!

Enjoy :):)

tracker on standby......

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Checking in for the last time pre-race!

Have been up since 6, just easing myself into the day, thinking about what I have to do later.

Lots of gentle.stretching and currently tucking into granola!

I'll be back later, hopefully with tales of bravery, success and not TOO much agonising pain!!!

As I've said so many times, thanks guys, you're the best.

Ben xx

Woke up to glorious sunshine thinking how I'd like rain if it was me... but crikey thank goodness it never will be.. park run quite enough effort :wacko:

Have an amazing day!!!! I expect the whole atmosphere will be fab!!!! Enjoy it all and let's hope your cheeks and the hips behave themselves!!!!

Dont forget the post the link again to contribute for your grand efforts... I own up I haven't paid yet. We will be tracking you too.... GOOD LUCK and have a blast xx