John Fairhurst - Hell Stage

ImGonnaLive4eva

I was at the glade too. Just mind blowing. If Hendrix hadn't got there first, Fairhurst would be world famous.

When he was playing on hell stage he said he snuck onto the pyramid stage when they were setting it up on Monday or Tuesday and played voodoo chile. Ticked it off the bucket list!

Thanks to whoever suggested him on here, my highlight of the festival.

The behind the head guitar solo was when my jaw made contact with floor.

I think John Fairhurst is very good, but...

Such things were the norm 30 years ago, and countless pub bands did an almost identical thing (musically, and with showing off).

I think John Fairhurst is very good, but I have to laugh. :)

I think John Fairhurst is very good, but...

Such things were the norm 30 years ago, and countless pub bands did an almost identical thing (musically, and with showing off).

I think John Fairhurst is very good, but I have to laugh. :)

That's why he's not bigger than he is, as it's been done before and it's not the popular thing at the moment. If he was born a few decades earlier he'd be massive.

Still the best live guitarist I've ever seen though.

Had to laugh when the bloke introducing him at the Glade started by comparing him to Neil Young and Jimi Hendrix.

Er. If you say so, chief.

Some say he's Wigans answer to Jimi Hendrix, I say Jimi Hendrix is Seattles answer to John Fairhurst!

That's why he's not bigger than he is, as it's been done before and it's not the popular thing at the moment. If he was born a few decades earlier he'd be massive.

Still the best live guitarist I've ever seen though.

nope, if he'd been doing that a few decades earlier he'd be pretty much ignored, as he wouldn';t have stood out when so many were doing the same thing.

The "born" bit is rather wrong tho - cos he's no youngster! He's got to be pushing 40.

I'm not knocking him, just to be clear. He is good - but nothing at all that's original.

nope, if he'd been doing that a few decades earlier he'd be pretty much ignored, as he wouldn';t have stood out when so many were doing the same thing.

The "born" bit is rather wrong tho - cos he's no youngster! He's got to be pushing 40.

I'm not knocking him, just to be clear. He is good - but nothing at all that's original.

Well I like to think he'd be world famous, and still will be one day, so stop being a pooper.

it was quite a big file so it took a while to upload, Enjoy !

https://youtu.be/Z41-h1MLUDI

Awesome! Even better that I'm in the video!

Were there not many people further back? That place was rammed for beans on toast before him.