Go!

Size9

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading the feedback on here I'm kicking myself for not watching them in the Glade.  I made the mistake of listening to people who had seen them and thought they were shit; in hindsight it's just not their cup of tea in the least.  Suede was the wrong call.  I think I might have to make the trek up to Brixton in Nov as well.

I wonder what they will do next? If we're keeping with the 20thC theme, the civil rights movement seems an obvious next step. It's incredible that they've managed to keep this shtick going for 2 1/2 albums without it getting stale. Surely they can't keep it up for 3, 4, 5+ albums?? Whatever comes next, I'm waiting with baited breath for their next work.

I think there are a fair few avenues they could go down, either as a coherent narrative like RFS or WR, or a general theme like IEE.

• Civil Rights (US, South Africa, China)
  • Cold War
  • Thatcherism
  • Environmental change & conflicts

Think Thatcherism / 80s Britain would tick a lot of boxes.  You'd have the female vocals, not just from MT herself but also things like the Greenham Common women, events like Falklands & the miners' strikes, and a 12-year narrative with a start middle and end.

Edited by Quark

What a fucking incredible atmosphere!

I know, right? I was kinda happy on the Sunday that it hadn't been recorded. Made it that extra bit special. But when I got home and started looking at footage, I just wanted one clip of PSB, then I found this.

I have about 15 seconds of Gagarin that I'll upload later because despite being a fairly ill-timed recording, it's awesome. 

I know, right? I was kinda happy on the Sunday that it hadn't been recorded. Made it that extra bit special. But when I got home and started looking at footage, I just wanted one clip of PSB, then I found this.

I have about 15 seconds of Gagarin that I'll upload later because despite being a fairly ill-timed recording, it's awesome.

I think you may be getting all my upvotes today!

my idea for a new concept would be early internet, particularly the 90s when it was becoming a household thing and all of a sudden there was an entirely new lexicon for many people to grasp.

this kind of stuff (the third ad even already has PSB type music on it)

"everyone i know is on it" is simply begging to be sampled.

which has given me an idea...

I sympathise with those who went elsewhere on the night. I wanted to go see Jon Hopkins after Family Stone and very nearly did until we got to the Glade and there was plenty of room and the rest of my party wanted to stay. Glad I did now! I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

I certainly don't think PSB will run out of interesting concepts/themes anytime soon. They really have got a lot of options; the only issue they will have is differentiating the music enough to retain uniqueness of records - but I cant imagine that will be an issue.