The Weather Thread

LOCHLAND5

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the sun will have it`s hat on it`s coming out to play :)

NFRNFC

Here`s hoping mate. It`s been raining here since we drove off the Wickerman site on Sunday. Hasn`t stopped. Just saw a forecast there on the box and it`s looking ok`ish for Thursday / Friday......didn`t mention the weekend. If it`s been wet down the Lakes then we need some sun to dry it out before the masses arrive.

Mud last year made things really difficult. Sun Sun Sun please  :)

I've done some nasty festivals over the years but to me festivals are like a calling....I just keep coming back.

It can do what it wants, as long as I have my good friends & sillyness I will have memories forever.

whoo Hoo bring on Thursday

***Does sundance***

So how bad was it last year? Did it literally pour down all day every day?

Was ok Thursday and not too bad Friday but then it hammered down and never really stopped. Was a mudbath and really difficult to get around. Round about our tent got flooded and it was taking me hours to drink a never ending can of cider.

In fairness the organisers did what they could. They opened up a different road for us to get in from the family camping as the route through general was a muddy river. They also did what they could with straw in the arena.

It`s in the Lakes and the site won`t soak up that much rain before that number of folk walk it into a mudbath.

The increased numbers this year will cause further problems if we get anything like the rain we had last year.

Apologies for the negative rain chat. It`s pissing down here and we are having folk round for a bbq in a few hours  :help:

So how bad was it last year? Did it literally pour down all day every day?

We had a few breaks, Razorlight and Ocean Colour Scene were in the sun. Wasn't so much that it rained (there has been an odd shower or two every year I've been) but that when it rained it hammered it down. Felt really sorry for the Heavy who sounded brilliant and on a glorious day would've set it all up but it was lashing it down and they only had maybe a hundred people braving it. Sunshine and lollipops this year though!