The Weather Thread

LOCHLAND5

Is there anywhere to find historical weather data? I'd be curious to see how much rain fell last year. Looking back at the 2014 thread we already knew at this stage that things were looking very bad indeed

Yeah, I remember reading on here before we set off that there were flood warnings. I laughed it off ( as you do ) and stuck on the shorts and sunglasses. DOH !!!!

Think I have been mentally scared.

Rob your right about OCS. I had forgotten about that. Must have got maybe 30mins of sun. Then it lashed it down again and never went off. The rain before Happy Mondays was mental.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I remember reading on here before we set off that there were flood warnings. I laughed it off ( as you do ) and stuck on the shorts and sunglasses. DOH !!!!

Think I have been mentally scared.

Rob your right about OCS. I had forgotten about that. Must have got maybe 30mins of sun. Then it lashed it down again and never went off. The rain before Happy Mondays was mental.

The pre Mondays rain was bonkers, we had the four of us crouched & squashed under a brolley eating roast chicken in our drenched skin tight startrek outfits, did it dry off for when they started or was I just too pissed to care by then?

Is there anywhere to find historical weather data? I'd be curious to see how much rain fell last year. Looking back at the 2014 thread we already knew at this stage that things were looking very bad indeed

I've a friend in geo-technics who is long term monitoring a potential landslip site not so far from the KC site, and she reckons over the last 5 years August is the wettest month in the Eden Valley by far! 

Edited by Lowther Calling

Been in Windermere since Saturday and now in Keswick and it's just stopped raining for what feels like the first time since we've been here. People are saying today is the end of the worst stuff so fingers crossed they're right!

I've only just found out I'm going this year.  The weather at Kendal nearly broke me last year; it really was the only time I've come close to jacking in a festival.  I'm having to use a crutch to get around at the moment so am praying to the weather gods that we avoid a mud bath this year.

We gave in last year at about 5pm Sunday. It felt like miles from the campervan field, the pushchair was obsolete with the mud and my wife could hardly get around due to her walking difficulties. Just got too much in the end.

If it's gonna rain then please save it till sunday night !

To be fair, the Saturday forecast looks quite good with the exception of those two showers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ca10?day=3

The Met Office says % chance of precipitation at that time is only 30% so I wouldn't get too worried at this stage.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcwn4cte6

Edited by andy85

Just had this email through -

Hello All,

just to give you a pre warning there has been heavy rain during the build of the event, so the ground is very soft and muddy, just wanted to give you a warning so you can plan accurately.

See you in the fields!

The joys !