Football 2015/16

TheGayTent

So next season instead of visiting the likes of Elgin & Arbroath & Montrose, we'll be visiting the likes of  Peterhead, Brechin & Coatbridge. Wow! Oh & maybe Ayr (sorry Comfy)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 14 May 2016 at 2:22 AM, mjsell said:

Oh go on then, while you're discussing the england squad... Here's my two cents:

Hart, Heaton, Forster

Bertrand, Cahill, Clyne, Rose, Smalling, Stones, Walker

Alli, Barkley, Dier, Drinkwater, Lallana, Milner, Noble, Wilshere

Carroll, Kane, Rooney, Sterling, Vardy

Reserves: Jagielka, Cresswell, Delph, Townsend, Walcott, Sturridge.

My only concern is the slight lack of width, so I would understand one of Townsend or Walcott making the squad - shame there's no Welbeck in that sense. 

Cough - Antonio - Cough

jokes aside, I really don't believe Wilshere, someone who has played what, six minutes of first team football this season should even be considered, pisses me off that he'll go over in form players like Noble

16 hours ago, LJS said:

So next season instead of visiting the likes of Elgin & Arbroath & Montrose, we'll be visiting the likes of  Peterhead, Brechin & Coatbridge. Wow! Oh & maybe Ayr (sorry Comfy)

Congrats to the spiders. Chick and the gang were raving about the quality and style of your football on the radio. They interviewed your boy in midfield who's just turned 17. Good prospect apparantly.

Big game today on bbc alba 2.45 ko. We normally get around 1500 but could be double that today. Finely poised at 1-1 but I'm pretty confident. If we don't go up the consolation of a couple of trips to Hampden next year might help ease the pain *

'mon Ayr

* it won't :-)

5 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Congrats to the spiders. Chick and the gang were raving about the quality and style of your football on the radio. They interviewed your boy in midfield who's just turned 17. Good prospect apparantly.

Big game today on bbc alba 2.45 ko. We normally get around 1500 but could be double that today. Finely poised at 1-1 but I'm pretty confident. If we don't go up the consolation of a couple of trips to Hampden next year might help ease the pain *

'mon Ayr

Yeah. We do play some nice football. Although it's a bit arsenal at times...all very pretty but no end result. 

Good luck the day...I'll pop the telly on if I'm in the house.

56 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Cough - Antonio - Cough

jokes aside, I really don't believe Wilshere, someone who has played what, six minutes of first team football this season should even be considered, pisses me off that he'll go over in form players like Noble

If it was a squad of 15, I would agree. However in a squad of 23 there is room for a gamble. Most countries take players with the view that they probably won't play.

To the Scottish contingent on here, is there any chance that Louis Moult will get a move as a result of a good first season in Scotland?

He made the right decision heading across the border. I think if he had stayed in the English system he would have probably ended up league 2. His stock from performing in the SPL is definitely more than if he had stayed in England.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

To the Scottish contingent on here, is there any chance that Louis Moult will get a move as a result of a good first season in Scotland?

He made the right decision heading across the border. I think if he had stayed in the English system he would have probably ended up league 2. His stock from performing in the SPL is definitely more than if he had stayed in England.

I don't follow the Scottish Premiership terribly closely but, I see he was Motherwell's player of the year so he must be doing OK. Motherwell are pretty strapped for cash & are apparently offering their out of contract players new contracts with reduced wages, so you would have to think they would sell him if a half decent offer came in.

They are also losing 7-0 to Celtic at the moment!!

Edited by LJS
score update

Having a nightmare with quotes since the site changed last year.

That just seems like a cruel result on us Newcastle fans if I'm being honest. 

Official NUFC twitter account was all about Rafa today. I think the club must be hopeful he stays.

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Just now, WS_Jack_III said:

I don't get that though. Try your best all season and you'll get your move. Totally Joke that Sissoko got a euro call up.

Noone's going to watch Newcastle-Stoke unless they're a fan of either team. Doesn't give a damn unless it's a "big" match.

And yes, yes it is.

6 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

'mon Ayr

Well done to the Honest Men.

Looked like a shite game but you guys stumbled through in the end. Thanks to one of our ex players missing a penalty for Stranraer & another one scoring for you - You're in a whole new league now!

Edited by LJS

4 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

It sounds like everyone involved from identification to evacuation did a great job today.

Yes the bods who done the training did especially well to, a device looking especially like the one used in training in the same place and no one thought to question it :P A cynical person might think there other reasons... 

Threw away European football again today, in any other season I wouldn't be as gutted but to have let 4th out of grasp in these last few games feels like a blow.

Overall though a brilliant brilliant season for West Ham, one that won't be forgotten and lived up to sending the Boleyn away on a bit of a high. Going miss the old girl, but looking forward to my cosy tax payer funded season ticket seat next year ;)