Wednesday & Thursday Music

JoeyT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday is always a blur but hoping to find some cool music this year, along with experiencing stone circle fireworks for the first time. Thursday night is gonna be a mad one, JESuS and Circo Loco at Silver Hayes for sure, as for the day time I need suggestions!

Thursday day time - bar crawl, bimble about and just see what randomness entices you in.

Wilko Johnson and Akala on the Thursday is an excellent way to kick things off. Two artists I would definitely go to see during the main three days so delighted to see them on the bill early doors. If Wolf Alice do indeed play on the Thursday as well then even better.

Murkage and Mike Skinner into Baggy Mondays

That will be chaos

Glad I read this thread for this, looks like I'm going to miss the first 2 "Live Bands" at Williams Green but I'm sure this will be worth it.

Is Weds the night they have done the fireworks up at the Stone Circle the last few years? Will be looking for things before/after that.

Thursday seems to have plenty going on this year! Going to stick well away form JESuS because of the crowds, but Williams Green and Akala are tempters. Will probably end up at Spaceport (Glade) though:

DIEMANTLE AKA DIE & DISMANTLE 01:45 - 03:00

WONKA B2B SYN 00:30 - 01:45

MY NU LENG 23:00 - 00:30

MONKI B2B MELE 21:30 - 23:00

Edited by big__phil

Murkage and Mike Skinner into Baggy Mondays

That will be chaos

What will this be? Knew he was Djing now but haven't heard of this act.

The Spaceport has a brilliant lineup Thursday. Quite a lot of Dancey areas have good things happening actually.

What's Heds party? Also, where is Akala playing on Thursday?

Probably going to head to Rusty Shackle at Croissant Neuf, Billy Bragg is playing Toad Hall (Not sure what this is) as well apparently.

Akala is playing in the Rum Shack

Showhawk duo playing on Wednesday which will be a treat. They tore the croissant neuf a new one last year.

Going to try to get to the hell stage Thursday for Beans on Toast and then John Fairhurst. After that plenty of aimless drunken wandering about until a trip down the rabbit hole for a special guests performance at half 12. I'm putting my money on that being one of Normans many guest appearances

What will this be? Knew he was Djing now but haven't heard of this act.

The Spaceport has a brilliant lineup Thursday. Quite a lot of Dancey areas have good things happening actually.

Murkage a music group/collective from Manchester and they are doing a few club nights with Mike. It will be DJ's and MC's, loads of garage, bass, grime. Hip hop etc.

Baggy Monday's needs no introduction

Showhawk Duo. Saw them last year and they were fantastic! Acoustic guitar duo who play covers of old dance tracks, like sandstorm and zombie nation. Finished up with Bohemion Rhapsody.

+1 for showhawk duo were great last year in Croissant Neuf.

Also Gypsy Hill, Beans on Toast, Slamboree,

Need to check out Mik Artistic this year as have so far managed to fail to see him.

Plenty of interesting if unheralded stuff on the Thursday for sure, the Rocket Lounge looks fun and out of what I've listened to I might check out Maz O'Connor, Tankus The Henge & Balthazar who are a decent band from Belgian playing La Pussy Parlure at 2am for those looking for an indie vibe for their late-nights. Never been in there yet either. Hattie Hatstar was great fun last year too.