Food at The Beat Hotel

Mouseboy11

Hopefully a proper bit of smoked meat. Some of the smoke meat sambos IVe had at Glasto have been poor. Decent meat ruined by shit bread and sauce.

Indeed, the bread is the important part for a lot of meals and more often than not its a major disappointment. (A problem sadly not unique to glasto :(, even the Rib Man of Brick Lane fame uses a crappier roll these days.)

I went to the pop-up restaurant he put on in Hackney, decent food, just your normal BBQ grub really, think Bodeans basically.

Sounds alright for me, with the apparent loss of Grillstock could make a decent replacement. (Though I've usually found the beat hotel, to be overly expensive for what you get so far)

beat hotel food has always been a bit upmarket and a little expensive BUT it is of higher quality than most places and is usually worth the extra bit of dollar.

i am really looking forward to sampling what they've got to offer : )

Following a morning pint at Avalon, and french coffee at the coffee stall next to West Holts the largerita makes a perfect brunch drink

Indeed, the bread is the important part for a lot of meals and more often than not its a major disappointment. (A problem sadly not unique to glasto :(, even the Rib Man of Brick Lane fame uses a crappier roll these days.)

Funnily enough, a mate of mine had a brisket sambo at a market stall at lunch today and texted me the same thing. "shitty, floury cold bun".

Real shame when they do that. Sucks all the moisture and flavour from the meat. Like eating a dry cracker flavoured with beef/pork.

Bad :(

smoked-pork-nectarine.jpg

Good! :)

30356_slow_cooker_pork_3000x2000.jpg

Funnily enough, a mate of mine had a brisket sambo at a market stall at lunch today and texted me the same thing. "shitty, floury cold bun".

Real shame when they do that. Sucks all the moisture and flavour from the meat. Like eating a dry cracker flavoured with beef/pork.

Bad :(

smoked-pork-nectarine.jpg

Good! :)

30356_slow_cooker_pork_3000x2000.jpg

One of the places to get food at my university they put loads of effort into and got a posh chef in for it, had a bratwurst in a brioche bun with spicy pulled pork on top and chips today for £4.50. Was absolutely delicious.

That seems to be a problem with the centralised wholesale food supply at Glasto - they never seem to do decent rolls. Even at the Small World Cafe (which is hardly high end cuisine) the nice crusty baguettes they do for the first couple of days end up being replaced by rather bland rolls by the Friday.