Secret resales 2015

Terence99

23 minutes ago, Katir said:

Can I just say that the mad cows idea to get in is in jest to keep our spirits up!

What I can't understand about breaking in is how one would actually enjoy the festival if they were successful. I know I just couldn't and wouldn't want to be at Glastonbury Festival this way!

I didn't see a post about mad cows idea, I was responding to the post about a secret way in.

I agree with you, is feel like I cheated.  I would also be on edge the whole time as you wouldn't have a wrist band etc.

31 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I didn't see a post about mad cows idea, I was responding to the post about a secret way in.

I agree with you, is feel like I cheated.  I would also be on edge the whole time as you wouldn't have a wrist band etc.

It was created during a period of delirium when we had all been on line for a very long time and suffering a wee bit of cabin fever, and it was also a bit of light relief.  We're a happy, hopeful bunch on here and, I agree, all talk of breaking in to the festival is equally silly speak.  

Keep the faith.

9 minutes ago, Bondgirlie007 said:

Hello again, 

Did anyone win the efestivals tickets? 

Met up with our friend who we normally go to glastonbury with on thurs... Feeling extra sad as are they that we're not going this year :unsure:

Not sure.  No info on it as yet.  I know for def it's not me :unsure:

FWIW I didn't buy a proper ticket to the festival until the super fence went up. ME was never bothered by the numbers coming in unofficially until things got out of hand and MDC put the their foot down. 

All very different now though. 

33 minutes ago, Bondgirlie007 said:

Hello again, 

Met up with our friend who we normally go to glastonbury with on thurs... Feeling extra sad as are they that we're not going this year :unsure:

Could get redrawn if the winner hasn't claimed it :)

10 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

Just filled in my application for Oxfam. It seems you can go straight to festival page and book a festival. Don't they have to check all your details first?

They'll automatically accept anyone who applies, and so once you've paid a deposit (last step of the form) you're guaranteed a place at the Festival(s) as long as your reference checks out, you attend the required training session ahead of the Festival(s), and you're not already on a blacklist

I guess there could be other reasons in exceptional cases where they might revoke a place, but generally speaking the policy is to trust & accept people unless there's a reason not to - such as bad previous experience, skipping training, or a missing reference.

• Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, Travis Tee said:

Ok thanks, I have just got an e-mail from them. There are loads of festivals left, I might try out *)

I know a lot of people that have done it and loved every minute of it, I tried to for Glastonbury but didn't get a place 

12 hours ago, Bondgirlie007 said:

Hello again, 

Message on competition thread from Neal sounds like it may be re drawn on Monday