Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 hours ago, emilyboris said:

Not sure if you mean since the 12th? If you mean any after the initial resale then 'a few pages' is an understatement! Haha
To clarify, there was one on the 12th, if your trackers didn't pick it up you'll need to have a look at them again because they definitely should have. There's been no release of tickets since. 

Ah ok, I missed the 12th then... Weird as I'm using the same tracker as last year which worked perfectly. What pages is everyone monitoring then? Mine is just the generic Glastonbury.seetickets one. 

17 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Ah ok, I missed the 12th then... Weird as I'm using the same tracker as last year which worked perfectly. What pages is everyone monitoring then? Mine is just the generic Glastonbury.seetickets one. 

That's the one that changed. It changed back 3 minutes later, but the tickets had actually gone within a minute.

28 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

I think the problem you might have had is that it would have looked like a 'regular' change if you weren't paying close enough attention. That link was directing to the fill-in-reg page for ages before the sale, but obviously you couldn't get past that. Then, a bit before the sale went up, it directed to 'page not found'. When the reg page came back up, it looked the same, but you could proceed and book tickets. 

People have been monitoring the 'tour' page but that's basically been changing regularly without giving us any real information. It was the 'extras' page that changed-where it now says 'festival tickets have now sold out' a button appeared to link you to the reg page. 
http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

I refreshed the 'extras' page pretty much as it changed, filled in deets, blah blah, but they were all gone by the time I got to the bottom of the 'add extras/insurance' page and it wouldn't let me through. It was obscenely quick, but luckily a lot of people on here managed to get tickets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ah possibly so then. What a shame. Last year it was so easy. I notice that the registration option is still available on the website but don't they normally remove that once all tickets are gone and there are no more sales planned? Has anyone tried calling them again?

25 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Ah possibly so then. What a shame. Last year it was so easy. I notice that the registration option is still available on the website but don't they normally remove that once all tickets are gone and there are no more sales planned? Has anyone tried calling them again?

I thought they only removed it for a short period before sales happen? Otherwise it's online all year round so that people can register?

People have endlessly pestered them and see tickets via email since the secret resale. Originally there was some ambiguity in their responses, but eventually messages came back that there categorically would be no more sales. Could there be more? Possibly, but could only be a tiny number that would go on sale, even worse than before. Attention has shifted to entering competitions (see competition thread)

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

I thought they only removed it for a short period before sales happen? Otherwise it's online all year round so that people can register?

People have endlessly pestered them and see tickets via email since the secret resale. Originally there was some ambiguity in their responses, but eventually messages came back that there categorically would be no more sales. Could there be more? Possibly, but could only be a tiny number that would go on sale, even worse than before. Attention has shifted to entering competitions (see competition thread)

ok thanks very much. I'll give the competitions a go. I've entered a few but they also all require you to give a second persons details and currently, I only need one ticket for myself. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

ok thanks very much. I'll give the competitions a go. I've entered a few but they also all require you to give a second persons details and currently, I only need one ticket for myself. 

Someone on here a day or two ago was asking if anyone wanted to be put down as their 'second person', as they were in the same situation. Might be worth doing the same thing, as I'm sure a few people are probably only looking for one more ticket, and I can't think any competition will be giving out less than 2 tickets. Good luck!

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

There was someone in the competitions thread saying exactly the same thing and asking if anyone would like to pair up. I can't remember who it was though, so you'd have to search.

Edit: Yes, what Emily said! :)

Edited by musky

13 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Cheers for the downvote on my explanation and harrowing story of disappointment, stranger 

Have another upvote to make up for it. :)

I've given up trying to fathom reasons for some of the downvotes given on here, and come to the conclusion that the more strange ones are the result of an accidental click.

7 minutes ago, musky said:

I've given up trying to fathom reasons for some of the downvotes given on here, and come to the conclusion that the more strange ones are the result of an accidental click.

My scrolling thumb has brushed that nasty red arrow on a number of occasions leaving me unsure whether or not I've accidentally dented someone's rep so think this is the likeliest reason. 

55 minutes ago, musky said:

I am forever liking tweets I don't mean to! Guess you are right on some votes! 

1 hour ago, emilyboris said:

Cheers for the downvote on my explanation and harrowing story of disappointment, stranger 

Sorry, I hope that wasn't me by the way? If it was, it wasn't intentional. I've just given you an up vote to make up for it anyway if it was. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, musky said:

Thanks! Yeah to be honest I mostly ignore them if it seems really weird, assuming it's an accident/someone in a foul mood, but having typed it out and relived those horrible 5 minutes (wah) I was feeling a little more sensitive about it. 

9 minutes ago, ads1980 said:

Sorry, I hope that wasn't me by the way? If it was, it wasn't intentional. I've just given you an up vote to make up for it anyway if it was. Sorry. 

Ah, no way of knowing! Cheers, I know these things can happen by accident so if it was you no problem, and if it wasn't, I'll take the upvote anyway haha! 

1 hour ago, MadScientist said:

rly hope you all manage to get sorted. I'm sorted now but still monitoring this thread hoping you all get sorted x

It's a bit addictive, isn't it! Well done again for getting the stewarding place, I'm sure the days of alternate panic and waiting will make the weekend all the sweeter!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Thanks! Yeah to be honest I mostly ignore them if it seems really weird, assuming it's an accident/someone in a foul mood, but having typed it out and relived those horrible 5 minutes (wah) I was feeling a little more sensitive about it. 

Ah, no way of knowing! Cheers, I know these things can happen by accident so if it was you no problem, and if it wasn't, I'll take the upvote anyway haha! 

It's a bit addictive, isn't it! Well done again for getting the stewarding place, I'm sure the days of alternate panic and waiting will make the weekend all the sweeter!

Just given you a thumbs up :D

2 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Click on reputation, it shows who it was :)

10 minutes ago, emilyboris said:

Not wishing to get out a wooden spoon, but it was rickw.

It could easily have been an accident, but if not don't take it personally, plenty of us are just miserable gits ;)