Secret resales 2015

Terence99

5 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

I've not been but I must admit I'm more interested in Boomtown's line-up than Glastonbury's this year. It looks like a fun festival.

Your love boomtown! It's a great fest.

Just don't camp to near to the Rave yard, waking up to thumping TechNO is not Good for the head.

Just now, andyb66 said:

Now here's a funny story if you can be bothered to read it.

ive been meaning to get my arse to glasto for years. Finally got my act together with a couple of mates last year and we managed to get tickets in the first sale. I very quickly wrote it on the calendar at home in big letters. .. GLASTO!! There really was no getting away from the fact I'm going and wild horses couldn't stop me.

Just had a text from my rather wonderful wife.. It reads.

'Just spoken to Geraldine and we're all having a weekend away in Paris. Weekend of 24/25/26 of June'

ive told her to send me a postcard.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer??

oh no!! Could you not change it? My other half last night said "If these secret sales are stressing you out THAT much just don't bother..." I was gobsmacked he could say such a thing!! I hope you get a nice postcard!!

Morning all.

For those asking about Boomtown, my advice would be to give it a whirl if, in the unlikely event, you fail in the secret resale. I went to Glastonbury and Boomtown last year and they have a very similar vibe: no separate arena, not too commercial, lots of art installations and different themed areas/towns. It's a much younger crowd at BT. but I'm 30 and I loved it. It's pretty hectic; there are a lot of 'extra curricular substances' knocking about, so you'll love it if that's your thing. If not, the atmosphere is amazing, so you'll still have a blast.

Edited by StLewi

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

Now here's a funny story if you can be bothered to read it.

ive been meaning to get my arse to glasto for years. Finally got my act together with a couple of mates last year and we managed to get tickets in the first sale. I very quickly wrote it on the calendar at home in big letters. .. GLASTO!! There really was no getting away from the fact I'm going and wild horses couldn't stop me.

Just had a text from my rather wonderful wife.. It reads.

'Just spoken to Geraldine and we're all having a weekend away in Paris. Weekend of 24/25/26 of June'

ive told her to send me a postcard.

Anyone know a good divorce lawyer??

You wont need a divorce lawyer. The courts will easily see you are in the right here.

Just to pass the time..

(From yesterday) Refund / Resale dates since 2011

• Refund - Wednesday May 4th
  • Resale - Tuesday May 17th 

• No festival

• Refund - Friday May 3rd
  • Resale - Wednesday May 8th

• Refund - Friday May 9th
  • Resale - Wednesday 14th

• Refund - Friday May 8th
  • Resale - Monday May 18th

• Refund - Friday May 6th
  • Resale - ????

Change log this week: (mainly putting up and taking down coach 'sales'!

Mon 9th
10:06
10:07
13:36
14:01
14:28
14:29
14:38
15:06
15:13
15:14
15:17
17:22

Wed 11th
10:26
11:35
11:54
12:04
12:07
12:08
12:59
13:07
13:08
18:10
18:18

Nothing has ever happened on a Thursday..... but as we've established...there is no pattern!

Fingers crossed the web man at See is a Sunderland fan who's in a very good mood this morning and presses the red button.....

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, abiwish said:

Tbh I barely know the lineup, taking it as an opportunity to discover as much new music as possible! But yeh the festival as a whole looks really fun, I'm looking forward to it. Any tips of who you recommend off the lineup? 

Not really, I'm a bit like you a like discovering new stuff but I like a bit of ragga/reggae so Damien Marley and Taurus Riley should be good. Comes to think of it I may try go to both festivals.. IF I can get tickets :D

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

Just to pass the time..

Wed 11th

those two alerts were nearly the end of me. 

1 minute ago, Keithy said:

Just to pass the time..

• Refund - Wednesday May 4th
  • Resale - Tuesday May 17th 

• No festival

• Refund - Friday May 3rd
  • Resale - Wednesday May 8th

• Refund - Friday May 9th
  • Resale - Wednesday 14th

• Refund - Friday May 8th
  • Resale - Monday May 18th

• Refund - Friday May 6th
  • Resale - ????

Change log this week: (mainly putting up and taking down coach 'sales'!

Mon 9th
10:06
10:07
13:36
14:01
14:28
14:29
14:38
15:06
15:13
15:14
15:17
17:22

Wed 11th

Nothing has ever happened on a Thursday..... but as we've established...there is no pattern!

Fingers crossed the web man at See is a Sunderland fan who's in a very good mood this morning and presses the red button.....

good work!

3 minutes ago, Starchild771 said:

Not really, I'm a bit like you a like discovering new stuff but I like a bit of ragga/reggae so Damien Marley and Taurus Riley should be good. Comes to think of it I may try go to both festivals.. IF I can get tickets :D

Same, so will probably go see them! Yeh I've gone a bit festival mad this year and I'm doing bestival too... Gonna be a good summer 

I know deep in my heart that the resale will be on Monday 16th between 12:30pm and 2:30pm. As I will be on a plane. The only time since the refund deadline that I'll be out of mobile signal. Or it will happen just as I land and will be frantically trying to connect to some Italian network before it sells out.

I just know it.

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

What's the best non Glastonbury festival you've been to? I'm thinking of volunteering at a different festival this summer - any suggestions of ones to go for?

Latitude Festival is a chill festival! 

1 minute ago, Donkeyradish said:

So I've taken to using my time between hours, to buy a tent, sleeping bag, poncho, light and now I'm eyeing up a welly boot remover.

I'll be camping somewhere in June, that's for sure.

My boyfriend and I have said we're going to go camping for the weekend if we don't get tickets. No access to hearing or seeing the festival either, just a good old camping trip with plenty of beers (to drown our sorrows) and good company! 

Edited by cb4747

1 minute ago, Jolie23 said:

What's the best non Glastonbury festival you've been to? I'm thinking of volunteering at a different festival this summer - any suggestions of ones to go for?

I've always had a soft spot for Electric Picnic in Ireland. Lots of mad drunk Irish people and some great little stages outside the main arena.