Secret resales 2015

Terence99

3 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Yeah, but that of itself wouldn't let the whole world know...

I'm not sure the whole world does know judging by some people's apparent surprise that there will be a further resale. But FB has quite a large audience and nowadays is many people's first port of call for crowd sourcing info. I think the spike in newbies signing up for the various alerts is a direct response to posted links to the relevant threads. 

5 minutes ago, musky said:

I'm not sure the whole world does know judging by some people's apparent surprise that there will be a further resale. But FB has quite a large audience and nowadays is many people's first port of call for crowd sourcing info. I think the spike in newbies signing up for the various alerts is a direct response to posted links to the relevant threads. 

The swines! Ex-communicate them haha. FB=scourge!

1 hour ago, stopwn1981 said:

It's defo right that a hell of a lot more peopl seem to be chasing the secret resales and seemingly there are a large proportion of new efest members chasing.  It appears word has spread and the efests secret resale secret has been well and truly blown.  Just another indication that the festival has become significantly more popular of late!

A similar thing happened with Reading several years ago, it was a well known fact to those in the know that you could get weekend wristbands on the gate at the start of the festival even when it was 'sold out' then social media became popular and suddenly something which was a 'secret' to those in the know was all over the web. They had queues of people like never before and ended up with crowd trouble because there were hundreds more people than secret weekend tickets. They have never sold them on site since because of the trouble it caused!

1 hour ago, musky said:

It's not just efests of course. FB is full of news of the secret resale and casual punters are far more likely to use that as it's probably part of their daily routine anyway. It's good for this site to have more people visiting, but it would be nice if anyone who links to this thread would also encourage people to get involved here. :) 

Over my years of lurking I confess I was one of the ones stalking the secret resales thread-especially last year (though I eventually missed out). There are definitely far more people posting about it in here (and more noticeably more people asking questions) than I've seen before, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I guess we'll see how much difference it makes when the resale pops up. 

57 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

The swines! Ex-communicate them haha. FB=scourge!

I don't have anything against FB and obviously use it myself, as do other regulars on here. I just thought it would be nice if they could also contribute their thoughts and experiences over here. We don't bite. :)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Keithy said:

The thing with the secret resale is you have about a 10 minute window to react when an unpublised moment happens. You have to be prepared and react quickly so while the secret is 'out', most casuals will miss it.

This, in addition to the fact that the resale(s) are a couple of weeks away, by which time the more casual ticket chase might have given up/forgotten about the prospect of a resale. 

I'm hoping to get 3 secret resale tickets for my boyfriend and my 2 other friends, 

It will be my first time at Glastonbury with 2 other friends after trying for years and i have landed myself in the unfortunate situation where there was originally 3 friends but 1 friend dropped out and my two other friends are staying in a hotel nearby, leaving me camping on my own! I do have the option of staying in the nearby hotel but if I am going to do Glastonbury I am going to do it properly and camp! 

Really hope I am lucky in these secret resales! 

14 minutes ago, habbott94 said:

I'm hoping to get 3 secret resale tickets for my boyfriend and my 2 other friends, 

It will be my first time at Glastonbury with 2 other friends after trying for years and i have landed myself in the unfortunate situation where there was originally 3 friends but 1 friend dropped out and my two other friends are staying in a hotel nearby, leaving me camping on my own! I do have the option of staying in the nearby hotel but if I am going to do Glastonbury I am going to do it properly and camp! 

Really hope I am lucky in these secret resales! 

I'm the other way round, all my friends bar me have a ticket due to an unfortunate coach farce!

If you aren't lucky enough to secure BF and friendlings tickets - check out the camping alone thread - loads of people who are going alone are arranging a little camp altogether, I'd be totally down for that if I were alone!

Just wanted to post a thank you to everyone contributing to this thread. I have always been lucky enough to get a ticket but this year I am after a ticket for my girlfriend after she was let down by someone that she usually works for. The resale is our only hope it would appear. We live 5 miles from the site and the thought of not going is heartbreaking. Best of luck to everyone and thanks again.

4 hours ago, Cleggleberry said:

@habbott94 totally agree, if you are going you've got to camp, its ace.  Its a fantastic part of it, like a temporary bustling pop up city.

I know right! I've been to Reading Fest and also Boomtown fest and both times camped there and loved it! I just cannot imagine going to a festival and not camping! it wouldn't be the same

We've been incredibly lucky over the years and always managed to get tickets in October or April, but this year I'm trying to get one for someone who's never been and is desperate to go but messed up her registration and didn't get it in in time.  I've always known about the secret resale as I have friends that have been successful with it in the past so I'm really hoping it might work for me - sorry for adding yet one more to the growing list!

9 minutes ago, GemmaBrown said:

Hi guys 

I Dm'd see tickets on twitter for my sister who got a ticket and her by didn't and they said this...is that because the resale isn't an official resale and 'secret'?

Gem x

Screenshot_20160422-161814.png

Could possibly be taken with a mountain of salt on that one. Maybe they're trying to keep it secret

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Any idea if they sell tickets on the day? This looks like they may! 

image.png

I've read these are for local people to buy (certain postcodes I believe) not the wider public. 

3 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I've read these are for local people to buy (certain postcodes I believe) not the wider public. 

That's the Sunday tickets which are there too. I was wondering about the general weekend tickets. Unless it's both they can get!

Edited by Lucy92

4 hours ago, pentura said:

Could possibly be taken with a mountain of salt on that one. Maybe they're trying to keep it secret

They're tweeting this too when people are asking about another resale. I'm guessing they want to keep it secret. I can't see them breaking the tradition of secret returned ticket resale 

Hi ya, long time lurker here!!

I would also take with a mountain of salt. I remember them telling me there would be no further resales in 2014 but I believe there was? They were adamant!

I have paid and installed a web alert on my phone that can check every minute.

I just feel I HAVE to be there this year!!! 

Katie :)

On 4/20/2016 at 11:15 PM, Keithy said:

The thing with the secret resale is you have about a 10 minute window to react when an unpublised moment happens. You have to be prepared and react quickly so while the secret is 'out', most casuals will miss it.

Having run the "Those in need campervan pass thread" in 2014 I totally agree. Very few responded promptly to messages when passes were available. Those that did were mainly regulars.....

• Upvote 1