Secret resales 2015

Terence99

12 minutes ago, princess4747 said:

I just had a reply from Glastonbury saying there is a high chance the resale will be anytime from May 6th onwards ^_^ 

Nice work, that makes me feel a lot more comfortable! I'm refreshing pages every 5 minutes and then when i'm not online for a couple of hours freaking out and thinking 'what if i've missed it!' Even though everyone said it will be after then i just couldn't relax.

1 minute ago, Fags said:

Nice work, that makes me feel a lot more comfortable! I'm refreshing pages every 5 minutes and then when i'm not online for a couple of hours freaking out and thinking 'what if i've missed it!' Even though everyone said it will be after then i just couldn't relax.

The refund deadline is May 6th, so I would say after they've had a few days to calculate the tickets to be resold it will probably appear. Last year it was around the 18th in the afternoon. I cannot take the suspense haha. 

18 hours ago, thenavyone said:

My now husband proposed at Glasto in 2013 :wub: it was epic especially as it was our little boys first Glasto! We had part of our honeymoon at Glasto too (2015) with a bit of a Glasto feel wedding too, getting married a few weeks before the festival.

My husband likes to joke he's not sure if I was more excited about the wedding or the fact we were going to Glasto shortly afterwards!

How lovely!! We got married in the fallow year of 2006, felt we needed an excuse to have a party with there being no Glastonbury! This year is our 10th anniversary on the 24 June, I am so hoping to be there! Fingers crossed for the resale :) 

14 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

How lovely!! We got married in the fallow year of 2006, felt we needed an excuse to have a party with there being no Glastonbury! This year is our 10th anniversary on the 24 June, I am so hoping to be there! Fingers crossed for the resale :) 

oh that's so sweet! I hope you manage to celebrate your anniversary there! xx

• Upvote 1

Hi all, I've just come across this thread, will there be a secret re- sale this year? If so how will I know when it's on if it's secret! I would really appreciate it if someone could fill me in on the procedure...my hubs and I have got tickets but our son turns 17 on the 24th June and he decided after the first registration closed that he wanted to come too, and I didn't manage to get him one in the resale. I'm going to feel like the worst mum ever if he has to celebrate his 17th at home alone while we are living it up at Glasto!

4 minutes ago, Abijones said:

Hi all, I've just come across this thread, will there be a secret re- sale this year? If so how will I know when it's on if it's secret!

Ah the million dollar questions!  On past form there probably will be but nobody is sure.  If there is it's likely to be after the 6th of May (probably within two weeks of that), and the only way to tell is by checking the web site periodically.  Once they are released (if they are released)  you'll probably have about 5 minutes to log on and order your tickets!

Some people use browser extensions to check the ticket page automatically, others (like myself) have written systems to do it to and email people if there is a change (something I can add you too).

7 minutes ago, Abijones said:

he decided after the first registration closed that he wanted to come too

I presume he has a registration number etc then?  You'll still need that in secret resales

1 minute ago, siblin said:

Ah the million dollar questions!  On past form there probably will be but nobody is sure.  If there is it's likely to be after the 6th of May (probably within two weeks of that), and the only way to tell is by checking the web site periodically.  Once they are released (if they are released)  you'll probably have about 5 minutes to log on and order your tickets!

Some people use browser extensions to check the ticket page automatically, others (like myself) have written systems to do it to and email people if there is a change (something I can add you too).

I presume he has a registration number etc then?  You'll still need that in secret resales

Yes please! I will pm you, what do you need?

1 minute ago, cassw said:

Quick question, Will th theyey say have  if there will be coach tickets first or just GA tickets?

Both, two different sales.

last year there was a sale on the Monday for coach tickets. (Leftovers with random pickups) and a few days later for GA. 

:) 

4 minutes ago, chrishowe9 said:

Both, two different sales.

last year there was a sale on the Monday for coach tickets. (Leftovers with random pickups) and a few days later for GA. 

:) 

Is it worth risking buying the coach tickets incase there aren't any GA? I don't fancy getting a coach really but would rather go by coach than not go at all. 

Just now, princess4747 said:

Is it worth risking buying the coach tickets incase there aren't any GA? I don't fancy getting a coach really but would rather go by coach than not go at all. 

Look at the pick up locations you might be lucky with a close one but then be stuck with on in Scotland! That would be terrible for me as I live in Somerset! Haha 

Just now, chrishowe9 said:

Look at the pick up locations you might be lucky with a close one but then be stuck with on in Scotland! That would be terrible for me as I live in Somerset! Haha 

Ergh and I like to take a lot of stuff with me too. Perhaps I should just put my hopes on GA tix. 

I was also debating if I am lucky enough to get onto the secret resale, do I just get coach tickets or wait around in case there is GA tickets.....

I didn't get past the holding page, which was frustrating, but not half as frustrating as the poor people who missed out on tickets when entering their payment details!

I can't accept that I might not be going this year!!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, keb77 said:

I was also debating if I am lucky enough to get onto the secret resale, do I just get coach tickets or wait around in case there is GA tickets.....

I didn't get past the holding page, which was frustrating, but not half as frustrating as the poor people who missed out on tickets when entering their payment details!

Me either. It's really upsetting me! Don't forget to enter the competitions floating around the Internet and such, it's worth a shot.

1 hour ago, keb77 said:

two years ago they did have a secret resale of coach tickets, but last year (as far as we know) there wasn't one.   I suspect they realised it wasn't worth the hassle and resold the tickets as General.  after all, all that happens is people travel across the country to get to the coach pickup, and its not particularly eco-friendly!

On 4/22/2016 at 9:37 PM, keb77 said:

Hi ya, long time lurker here!!

I would also take with a mountain of salt. I remember them telling me there would be no further resales in 2014 but I believe there was? They were adamant!

I have paid and installed a web alert on my phone that can check every minute.

I just feel I HAVE to be there this year!!! 

Katie :)

HI katie, which app are you using for that? I checked out visualping but it only checks every 6 hours :/

2 hours ago, princess4747 said:

Ergh and I like to take a lot of stuff with me too. Perhaps I should just put my hopes on GA tix. 

I think just take whatever you see and can get an order page for.  There seems to be very healthy interest in them this year so I don't think they'll last more than a few minutes.

Over 31 years I've done the secret resale twice, both same year and took coach tickets as that's what were available and they were not from where I live, but to be honest I was delighted. 

1 hour ago, Abijones said:

HI katie, which app are you using for that? I checked out visualping but it only checks every 6 hours :/

Hey, I'm using webchecker, you can get it to check every minute... I think it was £4.99 on the App Store I have tested on a couple of pages and it has worked so I have my fingers firmly crossed! The problem is if the resale is when I am at work because my internet connection is awful and I'm not sure I can access from my office computer.  I work in a school so it has quite a lot of filters!! 

17 minutes ago, keb77 said:

Hey, I'm using webchecker, you can get it to check every minute... I think it was £4.99 on the App Store I have tested on a couple of pages and it has worked so I have my fingers firmly crossed! The problem is if the resale is when I am at work because my internet connection is awful and I'm not sure I can access from my office computer.  I work in a school so it has quite a lot of filters!! 

If for some reason seetickets is blocked on the school computers find a proxy in the list here http://proxysitelist.net that isn't & go through that