Secret resales 2015

Terence99

2 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

either that same person has posted as multiple sexes and names across the net - or it did open about an hour ago and a few people got through, or everyone decided to hoax each other and pretend they had some success at the same time.

..without a page change notification

Not techy, but could it be that the page change notification doesn;t pick up for the change Seetickets would have made to ensure the page allowed ticket sales ? They will know that people are getting more sophisticated and use page change notificaitons now- could there be a way around it ?

Sounds like it was a very real very quick resale - maybe of card declines etc from yesterday ?

Gutted found the link the second it got put up bit didn't manage to get tickets this time round, it's still letting me add registrations though, strange! Are we doing an email group this year for the secret resale? Been lurking on these forums for ages finally making a post! The idea of not going to Glastonbury makes me so sad it's my favourite place on earth and I've never managed to not get a ticket 

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Not techy, but could it be that the page change notification doesn;t pick up for the change Seetickets would have made to ensure the page allowed ticket sales ? They will know that people are getting more sophisticated and use page change notificaitons now- could there be a way around it ?

Sounds like it was a very real very quick resale - maybe of card declines etc from yesterday ?

It was a different link, so not werid that we didn't get a notifcation. Add http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2016/worthy-farm/900001 to your monitored webpages

I'm not sure of the link as I was browsing with my phone in private mode, but the holding page was up earlier today. I even refreshed a couple of times and it went back to 20 seconds. And the link everyone is posting was still active after the sale had ended on Sunday. I tried it then too.

I'm fairly confident there haven't been any tickets being sold, deliberately anyway. If any have been sold I'd suspect that it's See messing about at their end and a few people have slipped through, the sort of thing that has happened in the past on sale days before the sale has gone live.

10 minutes ago, musky said:

I'm not sure of the link as I was browsing with my phone in private mode, but the holding page was up earlier today. I even refreshed a couple of times and it went back to 20 seconds. And the link everyone is posting was still active after the sale had ended on Sunday. I tried it then too.

I'm fairly confident there haven't been any tickets being sold, deliberately anyway. If any have been sold I'd suspect that it's See messing about at their end and a few people have slipped through, the sort of thing that has happened in the past on sale days before the sale has gone live.

The holding page is still live, I can't see any significant sale until the refund date has been and gone. There may be some card declines however soon (could have been today) 

11 minutes ago, Anderson19 said:

I have alerts set up for http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/ and nothing came though. Odd! 

5 minutes ago, siblin said:

Has anyone actually got any confirmation of anyone getting tickets?  The admission tickets unavailable thing is fairly normal as see tickets make changes.

I really strongly doubt there was a resale.

Nope. I've got Page Monitor set up on about 5 different links and none of them went off.

4 minutes ago, siblin said:

Has anyone actually got any confirmation of anyone getting tickets?  The admission tickets unavailable thing is fairly normal as see tickets make changes.

I really strongly doubt there was a resale.

Over on FB one person has said he used a spare reg and got to the booking page, and two others have said they got the 'tickets already purchased for this registration' message. Nobody has actually said they've bought tickets. I suspect they've been playing around with the pages, but whether any tickets have been available is anyone's guess.

24 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

The holding page is still live, I can't see any significant sale until the refund date has been and gone. There may be some card declines however soon (could have been today) 

What link was the holding page? I can't find the link I followed now.

(I posted this in the Whatsapp thread, but thought it might be better suited here)

I may be just doing a lot of straw-clutching for those still in need, but I've just received my application pack to use Spring Ground and one of the points is: "To apply you must have been successful in securing a ticket inone of the recent resales" - implying that there will be more than one!

The deadline for applications is May 6th, which is obv before the resale deadline. not sure whether this means there might be another resale before that date, or they'll reopen applications later... it did make me wonder, though!

8 minutes ago, alibear said:

(I may be just doing a lot of straw-clutching for those still in need, but I've just received my application pack to use Spring Ground and one of the points is: "To apply you must have been successful in securing a ticket inone of the recent resales" - implying that there will be more than one!

don't forget there was a thursday coach sale

4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Why don't they just announce resales on Twitter? I don't understand the need for the secrecy?

Good question.  They don't publicly announce them as they don't want/need thousands of people hitting their website, though I'm not sure they haven't announced them on twitter before.

9 minutes ago, siblin said:

Good question.  They don't publicly announce them as they don't want/need thousands of people hitting their website, though I'm not sure they haven't announced them on twitter before.

Yeah, they did.

There are only a handful of tickets available so they could probably do without the load on their servers. They're also probably not unaware that an unannounced sale benefits those that have put the effort in and presumably really want to go, rather than the more casual punter who's only decided to go because all their mates have got tickets.

Just now, mirupuu said:

THe page is still up so I believe it some sort of test maybe?

The page was up on Sunday evening too, the difference this afternoon being that a few people have been able to progress. Whether anyone has actually scored any tickets is a different matter...