EE offering free 2600mah Powerbanks

hurdy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there are 72,000 texts back logged for the free Power Bar, now seeing as I sent my first text at 8:30 this morning and still have had nothing and yet some people have only just sent the text and got the code immediately I'm not sure how that works :(

Have a couple of much higher capacity power bricks that I'll be taking for recharging multiple peoples phones overnight at the campervan, but a tiny one like this will be suitable for an emergency power top up whilst out and about without needing to carry the heavier batteries around.

Have a couple of much higher capacity power bricks that I'll be taking for recharging multiple peoples phones overnight at the campervan, but a tiny one like this will be suitable for an emergency power top up whilst out and about without needing to carry the heavier batteries around.

This.....

That's my way of thinking!

My code took almost 5 hours but got it now - thanks for the tip! I already have one of these - http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-PowerZen-15000mAh-Technology-Lightning/dp/B00FAU7ZB2/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1429192352&sr=1-2&keywords=tecknet- which sees me through a fest but handy to have a daybag sized topup

As lots of other people have said, that yes they are free, but its under a full charge for most smartphones released in the past yr or 2. If you're bothering to take a smartphone, they would barely see you through an extra day. Either take an old-school 35day battery life non smart-phone.

Or invest in a decent battery pack, I personally went for http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F5Q4F0U?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00 Its 22400mAh's, which is one of the highest capacity battery packs whilst still being a resonable size/weight. It's almost 10x the free EE one, and will give you more than enough for the festival + some charge for mates!

A solid investment to be used time and time again.

Collected mine from the EE shop last night. Was a queue of people in there to get them, with some people getting multiple ones for other peoples numbers as well I guess.

Will be a handy emergency power boost when out and about, but I'm not carrying the proper full high capacity power bricks around all the time. They good for what they are, which is a bit of extra power to get you to the end of the day.

Apparently there are 72,000 texts back logged for the free Power Bar, now seeing as I sent my first text at 8:30 this morning and still have had nothing and yet some people have only just sent the text and got the code immediately I'm not sure how that works :(

My phone was being screwy and I texted random garbage to the number, still got a response in about 10 seconds, about the same time this morning.

I had one last yr, only used it a few times for small top ups, didn't bother using phone for photos or anything clever just txting ppl at festival and wife at home. swapped for a recharged one when there was only a small que, which was abut 7 ppl long.

Picked up free ee one this morning.

By the time I left the shop there was quite a big que of people waiting to get them.

Will take both this year and will prob see me through! Happy days.

I've a couple of those and they are beasts for charging phones, actually seems to work quicker than plugging into the mains. About £30 is the normal price for those bricks.

I've a couple of those and they are beasts for charging phones, actually seems to work quicker than plugging into the mains. About £30 is the normal price for those bricks.

Yeah, I've got one of these, they are amongst the best out there for value and capacity! I bought mine for £35.99 around a month or so ago, so its a good deal at £28.99!

Great info here.

We had the swappable ones last year and have just got the EE free one, they are fine for a top up or one full recharge but thats it. As much as it is about the music and escaping the world for the weekend, it is good to be able to be in touch and/or follow info online for things happening so I have been looking at getting some kind of portable charge device. The recommended EC one looks the way to go in order to be able to charge mine and my partners phone for the weekend.

One thing i wondered, the tampon sized ones are good for sticking in a bag, would you be able to charge one of those off the EC brick to carry around with you during the day?