Lineup 2016

Matt42

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Don't think we need to discuss who the bigger band is lol. Just over 50k from 86k available isn't good, I presume you includes every UK date on that? You got a more accurate over 100k figure at all?

Yeah every UK date for both bands.

On the Foals front most venues (apart from London which was practically a sell out) had 2,500-3,500 tickets unsold. 

Imagine dragons attracted a similar number per date as foals but just did a much longer run. For example Foals last night at  Leeds played to 8,500 where as Imagine Dragons sold 8050 tickets last time they played Leeds arena. Keeping in mind that Imagine Dragons had an 11 date run they still had a  2000-3000 tickets unsold every night (once again apart from London) 

Edited by Buko

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Buko said:

Yeah every UK date for both bands.

On the Foals front most venues (apart from London which was practically a sell out) had 2,500-3,500 tickets unsold. 

Imagine dragons attracted a similar number per date as foals but just did a much longer run. For example Foals last night at  Leeds played to 8,500 where as Imagine Dragons sold 8050 tickets last time they played Leeds arena. Keeping in mind that Imagine Dragons had an 11 date run they still had a  2000-3000 tickets unsold every night (once again apart from London) 

I often find though Leeds is one of the arena's that does seem to waver a bit. All this being said, given how much bigger their tour was, they still had 500-1000 tickets averagely less to sell....which demonstrates the same point. I'm not sure if ID 2nd 02 date was fully sold out but Foals Wembley Arena date wasn't and there is a big difference there between 12.5k and 40k.

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari were incredible at Nottingham Arena last night. Everything was perfect. It felt really special being there for their first arena show. It was a headline worthy set and I now have no doubt that they will headline R&L one day, and when they do they will deserve it so much. 

You're heavily clutching, playing to 10k odd people is much different to 80k and they have every date on their tour dates remaining to still sell. They can't even sell out Ally Pally dude and it'sin 7 days a a reformed band.

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari were incredible at Nottingham Arena last night. Everything was perfect. It felt really special being there for their first arena show. It was a headline worthy set and I now have no doubt that they will headline R&L one day, and when they do they will deserve it so much. 

It was a fucking blinder of a set, so glad I went. King Blues and Wonder Years also killed it.

21 minutes ago, VinylDelusion said:

It was a fucking blinder of a set, so glad I went. King Blues and Wonder Years also killed it.

The Wonder Years were amazing. Genuinely I think it is the happiest I've ever been seeing a band, I was loving every second of it. At the end for Came Out Swinging when Soupy was on the barrier, I crowd surfed right up to him and got to  sing (well, shout :lol: ) down the mic, it was so so awesome. I really hope they play R&L. 

18 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The Wonder Years were amazing. Genuinely I think it is the happiest I've ever been seeing a band, I was loving every second of it. At the end for Came Out Swinging when Soupy was on the barrier, I crowd surfed right up to him and got to  sing (well, shout :lol: ) down the mic, it was so so awesome. I really hope they play R&L. 

That was you?! I saw you go up there and thought that guy must be having the time of his life!

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Don't think we need to discuss who the bigger band is lol. Just over 50k from 86k available isn't good, I presume you includes every UK date on that? You got a more accurate over 100k figure at all?

They sold out the tour fairly quick tbf, London flew out but then Frank Carter for many was a decent sized sub. I think they could get away with booking them 5th down no bother.

Wrong, Sum 41 at their height were being booked 3rd down at Reading on much stronger lineups, the fact Limp Bizkit were even booked as pretty much an NME sub last year shows how much weaker the festival is now. Bizkit were a much bigger booking over the year at Download than ever at Reading.

Nah you're completely wrong. Limp bizkit played the August after chocolate starfish was released and just as they were about to hit headline status they lost West Borland which was a huge blow to them and put them in enough of a spin to stop them headlining download and make the next album delayed and in turn a poor album.

Sum 41 were booked for 2003 a full 2 years after all killer no filler and were probably booked for 3rd before the follow up was brought out.

Comparing the 2 popularity wise on their highest Reading position is just silly.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Can't wait for The Wonder Years. Looking forward to them more that Shikari :D

44 minutes ago, kev1664 said:

Nah you're completely wrong. Limp bizkit played the August after chocolate starfish was released and just as they were about to hit headline status they lost West Borland which was a huge blow to them and put them in enough of a spin to stop them headlining download and make the next album delayed and in turn a poor album.

Sum 41 were booked for 2003 a full 2 years after all killer no filler and were probably booked for 3rd before the follow up was brought out.

Comparing the 2 popularity wise on their highest Reading position is just silly.

No I'm not, I made a point of saying they were a much more profile band Download, which is clear as they are booked every other year lol. This doesn't mean they got close to that status at Reading though.

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They're headlining Hevyfest this year

57 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

They're headlining Hevyfest this year

Yeah I've just seen! That's a massive booking for Hevy. £79 for two days camping and a lineup that includes Shikari, Refused, The Bronx, La Dispute, While She Sleep, Sikth and Gnarwolves is incredible value. And the Friday headliner is still to come. 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I've just seen! That's a massive booking for Hevy. £79 for two days camping and a lineup that includes Shikari, Refused, The Bronx, La Dispute, While She Sleep, Sikth and Gnarwolves is incredible value. And the Friday headliner is still to come. 

And you think they're going to headline R&L lol ;P.

It's not a festival that'd interest me but that does seem really good value for a do like that; to say Thrice were the equivalent last year and they have Refused in a non-headline slot. In fact, between 2000trees, ATG and that, it's a wonder anyone still gives a toss about going to R+L and staying in the Lock Up all day.

56 minutes ago, Foals/Disclosure said:

Why? (I don't know so you may be right)

well its not the Friday coming as they would've already announced it and considering the announcements have been earlier than usual this year and the they usually have this announcement in mid march, i'm guessing it'll be early march this year but i could be wrong. 

I think the smaller fests have really upped their game this year, YNOT, Sound City, 2000 trees, Kendal, Parklife, wildlife and Hevy all having really good line ups for relatively low amounts of money, honestly I think they're gonna give the majors a run for their money this year. I'll probably go to a few aswell as R+L but really the YNOT bill looks better for me than R+L so far