Lineup 2016

Matt42

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, lightning1000 said:

Arctic monkeys played mid afternoon on the carling/fest republic stage in 05 and subbed main in 06. 

The only thing close to that was the darkness low main in 03 and headlining in 04.

It's always happened.

Wasn't exactly low main. Was about fourth or third from the top if I remember rightly, taking the place of Jay-Z.

I wonder how Chase & Status will place at fests this summer. The Slaves mention reminded me they are trailing new stuff. I'd personally kinda anticipated them to descend bc the album they had big slots in anticipation of didn't do all that well, and then neither did the tour, and then they went away for a few years. Would y'all reckon they'd be getting the same kinda placings as before? Or lower? Or higher?

I'd say slightly lower. It seems like acts like Chase & Status, Example, Tinie Tempah etc who were a pretty big deal in 2012/2013 have just fallen away and they've been replaced by the likes of Rudimental and Years & Years. 

I wonder if Chase & Status could end up at R&L, most likely headlining the tent, given they're not at V.

16 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'd say slightly lower. It seems like acts like Chase & Status, Example, Tinie Tempah etc who were a pretty big deal in 2012/2013 have just fallen away and they've been replaced by the likes of Rudimental and Years & Years. 

I wonder if Chase & Status could end up at R&L, most likely headlining the tent, given they're not at V.

Yeah I'd thought about them headline the tent but it'd still probably have to be against a big headliner, I imagine. They couldn't really drop down main to teatime or anything.

13 minutes ago, ToffeePopcorn said:

Pretty sure they'd still sub

It's not looking like happening this year, and they'd have to do similar slots elsewhere to stay in contention for good slots at R+L next year I think.

Edited by dentalplan

I think your under estimating chase & status 

I know there arena tour didn't sell as well as people expected but it was a pretty big tour for sell out. If it was a standard 6 gig tour Manchester, London, Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff maybe Leeds then I think them venues would of sold better. With an album as good as No More Idols though or even better I would consider them as a headliner as long as we have 2 strong headliners. 

I think if kaiser cheifs played I could see them 3rd down or headlining the tent personally. 

3 hours ago, stevieg1993 said:

I think your under estimating chase & status 

I know there arena tour didn't sell as well as people expected but it was a pretty big tour for sell out. If it was a standard 6 gig tour Manchester, London, Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff maybe Leeds then I think them venues would of sold better. With an album as good as No More Idols though or even better I would consider them as a headliner as long as we have 2 strong headliners. 

I think if kaiser cheifs played I could see them 3rd down or headlining the tent personally. 

Well yeah that's easy to say, if their album had done better then yes they'd be playing higher slots, but it didn't.

Kaiser Chiefs are at V, I don't think they'd do R+L anymore anyway

20 hours ago, oli98 said:

Jake Bugg played 2nd down on NME the same year and subbed main stage the following year so I guess stranger things have happened 

I do like jake bugg first album and watch him at a gig in Plymouth and thought he was amazing. But I think his career has taken a bit of a dive being a main stage sub at reading a few years ago to appearing half way down the line up for pop teen fest sorry I meant v festival! 

37 minutes ago, luke_thehuman said:

How certain are we on the Biffy/FOB rumour? I can't imagine them ever having do co-headliners that would just be taking the piss. Which are the other stronger contenders? I would love someone like Florence, Foos or even Ed Sheeran, thoughts?

I cant see biffy/fob coheadlining. However, I reckon that Biffy headlining with FOB subbing would be a lot more likely. I just can't imagine biffy clyro subbing fob.

10 minutes ago, Biogeneric said:

Muse will be at Glastonbury. Neil is 100% sure that they're not at R&L.

I'm still trying to work out the co-headline part, but seeing Biffy either way makes me happy, so I'm not fussed.

Yup, even if they were at T as well, T don't do exclusives as a rule and their dates center so convenient around Glasto. Radiohead are the act that haven't played for years so if the 3 they were going for have said yes then I don't see Muse going lower for them. I think it's all about the info Neil was given on Radiohead, eg for Adele header, for New Order header, for Kenrick today header.....if they are a header that is pretty much what's he's given. For Radiohead....they are playing. I think if Thom Yorke was that bothered with heading the Pyramid, he'd have got in contact with Eavis early enough to say we're touring, we want to play. Don't think they'll headline this year, next year....or probably again.

I would take Neil's most recent thought that he's not as sure on the co-header and go along with that FOB are a sub at both places.

2 minutes ago, oli98 said:

Had a friend try to convince me V has the better lineup than Reading this year

I told him he had got his arse and his mouth mixed up cause he was chatting a load of shite

*plz don't report me for foul language

haha didn't know that was a thing, yeah V used to have killer line-ups (pun intended), what happened to the days of oasis, radiohead, Kravitz, kasabian, KOL? oh yeah, they wanted to make more money. I don't blame them really.