Bestival 2015 headline guesses

smogo

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the latest they've left it to announce the day/stage splits? Tight bastards...

i 100% expect us to not get exact timings etc until we're there, but just the day/stage splits so i can gage who i'm gonna see and miss would be great! pretty insane that the festival is in three days and all we've got is some vague tweets from RDB

Re special guests:

2007 – I 100% new it was Madness (read it on here).

2008 – Didn’t know who it was, though I pieced together that it was prob The Specials as they’d dropped hints about reforming at a festival. Still didn’t know though. And Grace Jones after was a surprise too (I walked off).

i 100% expect us to not get exact timings etc until we're there, but just the day/stage splits so i can gage who i'm gonna see and miss would be great! pretty insane that the festival is in three days and all we've got is some vague tweets from RDB

A punter has said on the Facebook page that we get them Thursday morning. Fingers crossed so I can print before I leave at 11am odd!

A punter has said on the Facebook page that we get them Thursday morning. Fingers crossed so I can print before I leave at 11am odd!

leaving at 5am so unlikely that i'll be seeing them before arriving at the festival :( that's annoying - gonna be having my heart broken many a time after setting up my tent when i finally see all the clashes

edit: or i guess looking at them on my phone when they're announced. i always forget that technology allows us to do that these days...

Edited by FloorFiller

They tweeted that set times would be uploaded to the app overnight Wednesday > Thursday 

@FandangJoe @RobdaBank APP will be released early next week then set times will upload to the APP overnight on Weds>Thurs

— Bestival (@Bestival)

September 5, 2015

Someone needs to tell the PR people to stop writing 'APP', its weird... 

Edited by MattDavies__

They tweeted that set times would be uploaded to the app overnight Wednesday > Thursday 

basically just preventing most people from sorting out a clashfinder of their own as everybody will be on their way / setting off. i'll probably end up buying a schedule anyway regardless of having access to my phone all weekend as it's just easier than constantly checking my phone

also, back on the topic of headliners, is Bestival Missy Elliott's only scheduled show this year? was hoping she'd have done more shows beforehand so i could get a general gist of the setlist but Bestival is the only thing she has listed. really hope this doesn't end up being a total shambles

Edited by FloorFiller

Didn't he threaten Halvin with legal action last year regarding Clashfinder? Peace n Love man...

I didn’t know this. I did always find it amusing on the Bestival forums where a lot of people seemed to buy into the cult of Rob De Bank, saying how he does it for the love of the music and a good time, and what a great job he does on a limited budget. I always thought ‘Why does he try harder than every other festival to rip us off on the programmes each year then?!’ No one ever seemed to want to mention that; and he was quite choosy about what questions re this that he decided to respond to too.

Dunno why I just thought of him, but Lionel as the special guest? Could easily see him being booked after the Glasto set, and he's one of those acts that has massive crossover appeal to the extent that I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he walked on stage

Plus, his head was there a few years ago 

Dunno why I just thought of him, but Lionel as the special guest? Could easily see him being booked after the Glasto set, and he's one of those acts that has massive crossover appeal to the extent that I don't think anyone would be disappointed if he walked on stage

Plus, his head was there a few years ago 

it crossed my mind,  but like The Libertines, his appearance at Glastonbury was such a big deal that it'd just seem like Bestival was trying to shoehorn in on it's success. i just can't see RDB going for that myself. plus he's a pretty huge name - i don't think it'll be anybody that big. getting Muse to initially agree was a huge deal. i doubt they can find somebody of a similar size to agree with such short notice (unless Bestival for some reason has tons of cash to throw about - though the headliners would suggest not)

also, back on the topic of headliners, is Bestival Missy Elliott's only scheduled show this year? was hoping she'd have done more shows beforehand so i could get a general gist of the setlist but Bestival is the only thing she has listed. really hope this doesn't end up being a total shambles

I believe she's done two other festivals across the pond, I remember the reviews being fairly positive even though she had one set cut short because she overran/came on late. Neither were headline performances though so hopefully she's managed to rehearse another half an hours worth of music. My plan is to lose my shit to The Jacksons and then have a plan B in my back pocket just in case.

Well, they presumably have the amount of money they were going to give Muse to throw about. Also, I reckon Muse were booked as a headliner but were shoehorned into that slot initially due to schedules.

i think that's definitely the case - Duran Duran weren't originally down as a headliner which is why we all expected another two headliners after Chemical Brothers were announced, so Muse were more than likely booked in that slot, it fell through, then moved to special guest, which again fell through. shame, as that booking alone would've made the lineup look stronger, and no doubt sold a shedload more tickets