FLEETWOOD MAC not doing Glastonbury 2015.

Swine_Glasto2014

MAY 2015
Weds 27 - The O2, London
Thu 28 - The O2, London

JUNE 2015
Mon 01 - Ziggo Dome, Amsterdam
Thu 04 - Lanxess Arena, Cologne
Sat 06 - Sportspaleis, Antwerp
Mon 08 - Genting Arena, Birmingham
Fri 12 - Manchester Arena, Manchester
Tue 16 - SSE Hydro, Glasgow
Sat 20 - 3Arena, Dublin
Tue 30 - First Direct Arena, Leeds

Anyone heard anything about them doing festivals? Them referencing them in interviews or anything?

At £140 a pop for a seat at the front I reckon it would be cheaper to actually see them at a festival somewhere when you take into context the rest of the bands you'll get as well. I only ask because there's a lot of dates free there. Yeah there's places where you can see they'll probably add more dates but surely not there won't be that many extra dates.

I was listening to FM's greatest hits cd last night while cooking a roast dinner, and it struck me that is the kind of situation their music is good for. Keeping me relaxed while I rush about trying to get everything cooked at the same time. I can't see that transferring terribly well to a Pyramid headline slot. I think their music would suit a Sunday legend slot far better, just doesn't seem dynamic enough to headline.

• Downvote 1

I think its pretty simple. Nearly 20 million people watch Glasto on the Beeb over the weekend with an average Pyramid headliner audience of about 2.5 million (Stones, Beyonce etc).

Theres obviously a lot of people on the fence about getting tickets for The Mac - especially at those prices - and will just think "fuck it if they're playing Glastonbury I'll just watch them on the telly instead".

And the Beeb do their very best to scare people from attending and to watch it on TV instead!

article-2669429-1F1F554A00000578-55_634x

I think its pretty simple. Nearly 20 million people watch Glasto on the Beeb over the weekend with an average Pyramid headliner audience of about 2.5 million (Stones, Beyonce etc).

Theres obviously a lot of people on the fence about getting tickets for The Mac - especially at those prices - and will just think "fuck it if they're playing Glastonbury I'll just watch them on the telly instead".

And the Beeb do their very best to scare people from attending and to watch it on TV instead!

article-2669429-1F1F554A00000578-55_634x

aah interesting, did not think about the tv aspect...but they could still play and just not tell people, bit like metallica did??

also, i am totally unprepared for rape...i'll have a look on amazon...

er, i don't think there's many on the fence.

they'll sell out all of those dates easily, there'll almost certainly be extra nights added too, last time they were in Dublin they sold out 2 nights in the same arena, and they only have 1 on this tour...

No one's mentioned the fact that there is an Isle of Wight shaped hole in there too..

IoW is 11th-14th June.

they're playing in Manchester on the 12th, so can only do the 13th and 14th at IoW.

they'll almost certainly add another Manchester date, so if it's on the 13th, then they won't play IoW, as realistically they're not going to do 3 nights in a row, especially with the travel involved from Manchester -> IoW.

if they do the extra date on the 11th, then can theoretically do Sunday 14th at IoW.

er, i don't think there's many on the fence.

they'll sell out all of those dates easily, there'll almost certainly be extra nights added too, last time they were in Dublin they sold out 2 nights in the same arena, and they only have 1 on this tour...

You don't think at those prices people will think twice? I would. Was very close to going the last time in Dublin but didn't.

If I was Mick Fleetwood I wouldn't be announcing a free gig on the telly, in the middle of a tour, before tickets went on sale for the tour.

You don't think at those prices people will think twice? I would. Was very close to going the last time in Dublin but didn't.

If I was Mick Fleetwood I wouldn't be announcing a free gig on the telly, in the middle of a tour, before tickets went on sale for the tour.

so you think they are playing glastonbury then??!

Well... yeah! They're just protecting their ticket sales first which is fair enough.

its just the way he waas SOOO adamant about not playing, he could have just dodged the question...maybe he just doesnt give a poo about being honest

wouild be interested on neil-efests view on this...

can ssomeone summon him please?(i assume there is a sign of some kind...)

some people will, but not enough. at the end of the day, the ticket prices were just as high last time round and they sold out, Glastonbury being on TV wouldn't have much effect on the dates that are announced.

that said, i agree with you about the 2nd part, they have no good reason to announce if they were playing Glastonbury, they can just as easily be announced with the rest of the lineup in April as it makes no difference.

if there's extra dates added to the currently announced ones, they may not quite get to sell-out level, so a few thousand tickets sold to Glastonbury-goers who fear that they won't get to see them otherwise might make a difference.

if there's extra dates added to the currently announced ones, they may not quite get to sell-out level, so a few thousand tickets sold to Glastonbury-goers who fear that they won't get to see them otherwise might make a difference.

Thats what I think yeah.

Say, only 0.5% of the Glasto TV crowd who were thinking about getting a FM ticket decide not to and to watch it on TV instead, (very possible) thats 12,500 ticket sales in the bin. Which is nearly the equivalent to a fully sold out Leeds show for example.

At 80 quid a ticket thats a million quid. If you were Mick Fleetwood would you risk a million quid for no reason? Glasto is already sold out. Eavis doesn't need Fleetwood Mac to promote Glasto ticket sales.

I'm sure there are clauses in there from promoters outlining things like this. Can't see the Leeds promoters being happy that the same show they're putting on has been announced as being broadcast for free on national TV 48 hours before.

This way everyone wins. Fleetwood Mac get to sell their shows out, Glasto have them headlining and Fleetwood Mac get all the good post televised Glasto goodies - Rumours back in the top 10 on iTunes etc etc.