Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

17 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Judging by that lineup, there's not going to be techno in the Temple this year? Correct me if I'm wrong

20240503_100012.jpg

A quick sweep and I've only really seen Manni Dee - if he's in the Temple, that could be massive. Need to look more carefully, but, no, it looks very techno-light...

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'd have to admit not to being hugely familiar with their DJ sets, but they seem perfectly 'fine', but not so much the sort of set to draw me in and really get a crowd going hard. I caught the last bit of their Arcadia set and very much got the feeling that people were there because it's Bicep, only really waiting for the big drop of Glue at the end. As said, the Dove set in The Levels will be absolutely ridiculously busy, made more so by the 'buzz' of less finger-on-the-pulse people finding out it's Bicep only on the Thursday, etc.

Ben

They did come to prominence with their DJ sets and selection. Havent seen them DJ for 10 years but I bet they still have it.

Will be rammed so I'll probably avoid and hope it frees up other areas

24 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Judging by that lineup, there's not going to be techno in the Temple this year? Correct me if I'm wrong

20240503_100012.jpg

Kink does techno sets sometimes doesn't he?

He's on my list either way! 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

20240503_100012.jpg

Selfishly, a disappointing line up there for my taste - arcadia or iicon to save us and provide some techno 🤞

always open to new acts and new sounds - can anyone link some sets in here so we can have a listen? any must see's?

1 hour ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

20240503_100012.jpg

a quick scan turned up Daria Kolosova and Manni Dee.

Kink is also technically techno, but a bit on the lighter side…

16 minutes ago, Greased-Up Deaf Guy said:

Just noticed Kettama. Might wrong on the no techno front!

Kettama plays some techno, he’s not really a techno DJ.

i think we’ll see Manni Dee and Daria Kolosova (+1 other i might’ve missed) on Friday night. 

Edited by Twiggy553

If you read a dj’s profile and it says “House and techno” they’re a house dj that bungs a few techno tracks in at the end 😂 

If it says “Techno/indistrial/rave” you’re onto a safer bet 💪 

and Hör always beats Boiler room. Djs will tend to play a way softer set on BR (checkout Amelie Lens as an example). Hör will tend to be no holds barred 😂 

Edited by Twiggy553

Having seen the Common... and it's more of the same. I've come to the conclusion that Glastonbury does not provide a varied choice of dance music anymore. 

It's a real shame because it's f**king huge with so many areas and stages yet no obvious variety.

Each area has blended into the other and there's no different vibe between them. The Glade is the most shame as it used to be a beacon of it's own. 

I'm now hoping for something a little different at the tree stage in Green fields. 

That said, it's Glastonbury so will still be amazing. 

Edited by danbailey80

8 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Having seen the Common... and it's more of the same. I've come to the conclusion that Glastonbury does not provide a varied choice of dance music anymore. 

It's a real shame because it's f**king huge with so many areas and stages yet no obvious variety.

Each area has blended into the other and there's no different vibe between them. The Glade is the most shame as it used to be a beacon of it's own. 

I'm now hoping for something a little different at the tree stage in Green fields. 

That said, it's Glastonbury so will still be amazing. 

still chance for arcadia to pull something out the bag - but as you said its all pretty samesy across the festival - there was a period on the saturday night last year (if memory serves) when I was in SEC and every single stage just had DnB and jungle at same time - I used to love the different vibes each stage gave off. 

The tree stage was really good last year I thought - glade on the late thursday night was another highlight 

2 hours ago, AndyL16 said:

still chance for arcadia to pull something out the bag 

if the bag you’re referring to has “More Drum and Bass” written on the side then i’d say there’s a fair chance 😂 🙄

11 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

if the bag you’re referring to has “More Drum and Bass” written on the side then i’d say there’s a fair chance 😂 🙄

🤣 - I'd be gutted if it was more of the same - just give us something else please arcadia booking gods... 

I'm still clinging onto this little rumour around Prydz potentially being there 👀 no idea where its come from or who the original post was, still want to know where its came from... 

4 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

🤣 - I'd be gutted if it was more of the same - just give us something else please arcadia booking gods... 

I'm still clinging onto this little rumour around Prydz potentially being there 👀 no idea where its come from or who the original post was, still want to know where its came from... 

Really, really hoping this rumour is true…

3 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

its from t'other place

Arcadia will likely stick with sunday dnb then other stuff fri/sat

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

its from t'other place

Arcadia will likely stick with sunday dnb then other stuff fri/sat

reliable source? 🤞 can they be vouched for at all? 

Sunday DnB is fine - can deal with that but Fri/Sat I'm hoping for something different 

54 minutes ago, AndyL16 said:

reliable source? 🤞 can they be vouched for at all? 

Sunday DnB is fine - can deal with that but Fri/Sat I'm hoping for something different 

I’ve defo got reliable info to say Sunday is dnb but nothing about Prydz but also hoping it’s true 🫶🏼

We’ve still got Arcadia, Block 9 and Stonebridge, so still lots to come. 

Still room for lots of great DJs.

Would love to see Prydz, Four Tet, DJ Boring, Salute, Anz, TSHA, VTSS and Young Marco added.