Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Anyone got some inspiration suggestions in the way of Boiler Room sets or similar (just long sets I can listen/watch) for electronic acts that are playing?

Looking for faster tempo artists with lots of energy, but not really drum and bass as I already know most of the DnB acts.

6 minutes ago, shorny said:

Yeah I watch Hör a lot too.

I'm aware of VTSS, I wll definitely be seeing her, love stuff like that.

Got any other suggestions like that?

30 years of stay up forever (i.e. the liberators) and SPFDJ are on in the Temple Friday night.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, shorny said:

Yeah I watch Hör a lot too.

I'm aware of VTSS, I wll definitely be seeing her, love stuff like that.

Got any other suggestions like that?

Ki/Ki is playing on The Levels on Thursday night. It'll be massive energy non-cheesey, quality trance! She's got some good sets online. 

Ben

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ki/Ki is playing on The Levels on Thursday night. It'll be massive energy non-cheesey, quality trance! She's got some good sets online. 

Ben

I am so buzzing for this, great run up to it aswell - I really hope the stage and sound delivers!

1 minute ago, stocky3000 said:

I am so buzzing for this, great run up to it aswell - I really hope the stage and sound delivers!

I'll be at Truth for Panic Shack, then hightailing it up to The Levels for Paranoid London and then Ki/Ki. 

Then I think it'll be IMOGEN in Wow before either VTSS on The Levels or Hodge on IICON.

That's a pretty spectacular first dance night proper for me!

Ben

20 minutes ago, badger80 said:

Can anyone suggest any chuggy house / techno DJs?  Like A Love From Outer Space / Manfredas / Ivan Smagghe type of groove ?  

The dan avery & richard fearless set on glade thursday might have a bit of this?

It should be full on party mode 1-3am but optimo on san remo should be great 

Man Power has a couple of DJ sets over the festival too!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

The only slight frustration is that my night at The Levels is only really on the Thursday, when it can only be rammo...

Ben 

Yeah that’s not ideal. 

I’ve got a few sets there over the weekend so will hopefully be able to get front and centre for a few gigs. 

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you like Jon Hopkins live, Max Cooper will likely tick your box. 

Ben

Hopkins live at West Holts is one of my my fave headline sets ever. So yes! His dj sets are brilliant too.

Saw Max Cooper at the Gas Tower in 2019 was brilliant! Thanks for the reminder of him. Eli Brown sounds pretty good too

5 hours ago, dannym said:

Any particular recommendations for someone who likes Erol Alkan and Jon Hopkins the mostest? San Remo has been my friend the last few years! 🙂

Said it above but optimo!

Some party tracks, techno, electro, rave - all of the above & some curve balls for good measure.

Not the same exactly but as an erol fan 2 others you wont be able to separate me from are gerd janson and daphni!

19 hours ago, shorny said:

Anyone got some inspiration suggestions in the way of Boiler Room sets or similar (just long sets I can listen/watch) for electronic acts that are playing?

Looking for faster tempo artists with lots of energy, but not really drum and bass as I already know most of the DnB acts.

Both of these playing separately a couple of times I think 

Question as a glasto first timer - On the Friday I plan to see Fred Again then head to the glade to see Enzo Siragusa and the first 30/40 mins of Carl Cox before heading to IICON before the main stage headliners end to catch Four Tet and then want to see Sherelle on Arcadia that night.

Is this even possible? I've seen comments around the site saying that you should pick one area and stay there the whole night.

35 minutes ago, Adam_B said:

Question as a glasto first timer - On the Friday I plan to see Fred Again then head to the glade to see Enzo Siragusa and the first 30/40 mins of Carl Cox before heading to IICON before the main stage headliners end to catch Four Tet and then want to see Sherelle on Arcadia that night.

Is this even possible? I've seen comments around the site saying that you should pick one area and stay there the whole night.

A lot of walking but deffo doable. 

EDIT - although once you get into the SEC, I doubt you'll wanna leave.....it's magic

Edited by Trunks1993
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam_B said:

Its more than possible, but Arcadia from the SE Corner is a mission & a lot of it up hill.

At night The SE is generally somewhere that when you leave, you go back to your tent. 

Fred Again to Enzo & Carl Cox is what my mates are doing. I'll be meeting them at the Glade.