Tent thefts

Guest RoyC

If they were to do this it would have to go hand-in-hand with having a faster process. At the moment it's a piece of paper per item, every item stored in a collection of scruffy handwritten books and slower than it should be. I know people here won't take any criticism of them but it's a process that's ripe for improvement (or perhaps to run in conjunction with some real actual lockers people could use)

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witnessed at least ten people jump the fence in Bushy on Wednesday night. None of them with any amount of gear (just a bag). Most probably on the rob for a few nights.

About 4am Saturday some more fence jumpers got in. One of which (stupidly) stopped to chat to us. Seemed like he genuinely was trying to get in to be with his mates and have a good time. He got led away not long after but his mate got away.

I wonder how they get back out though?

Camped in Rivermead and was woken up around 6am by a Scottish matey screaming "BASTARDS, THIEVING BASTARDS" on repeat for about half an hour. Sounded like his tent had been done over. Next morning at same time, he was shouting it again as his mate had called him an idiot for losing all his money or something, "I'M NEH STUPID, IT'S THE THIEVING BASS-TADS WHO THIEVED MAH STUFF".

We had people just going round unpegging peoples tents. Didn't steal the pegs, just undid them. During Kasabian, me and my girlfriend were up on the hill in Hawkwell by our tent and she noticed two girls acting shifty by our tent. She went closer to get a better look and they ran off. Turns out they were stealing tent pegs and for some unknown reason, slashed one of my guide ropes and threw it on the floor.

Positive though, I used that cut guide rope to tie my coolbox to the trolley so it didn't fall off so, silver lining and everything...

To add a bit of positivity to this thread, I found a camera in one of the urinals and a debit card lying by the other stage and handed both in to security/campsite crew, so hopefully that's a reminder that only a small handful of people are scumbags that intentionally ruin peoples experience.

Edited by dieweener

Camped in Pennard's .. On the Sunday early afternoon and there were 5 security guys chasing 2 lads through all the tents hopping over tents and guide ropes .. Seems like they had stolen a bag and had dropped in in the chase. The police arrested them in the end.

Have to say the stewards and security were great with the chase, and spent hours looking for the bag between them after the scumbags had been caught. Hope they found the bag and it was returned it to the owner.

My mate lost his money in Big Ground early hours of Saturday morning . Someone got their hands through his tent while he was sparko and lifted cash out of his coat.

First time ever had trouble up there.

I found a Samsung Galaxy phone , oyster card and debit card in a pink wallet near my tent.

Got in touch with owner - they were camped a few tents down from us , she had not dropped it. Had her hand bag stolen same time as my mate . Had a look around and found her

and her hubbies glasto tickets nearby - lost her car keys and it cost her £250.00 on site to get a replacement.

On Friday morning my son recounted that he had awoke at around 4 am to find some total stranger sleeping in his outer tent space. In my son's words he asked him ' ..... to politely leave .....'.

When he got up properly later in the morning he found that the stranger had left in his tent an around the neck hanging wallet containing new iphone, driving licence and credit card!!!!!!!!!

My son reckoned that it would not be long before these were chased for, And lo, about an hour later the iphone rang and the screen lit up 'Mum'. My son explained what had happened and her response was 'he's always doing this!'

It turned out that the stranger was properly camped around 20 yards further up Michaels Mead beyond us.

Stranger and belongings were safely reunited, and my son readily accepted a proferred tenner for his troubles.

I know its not possible if coming alone, but i always leave my spare car key in my mates glovebox and visa-versa. Just in case.

Was actually useful this year as i accidentally packed my keys away in a pair of shorts in my rucksack!

My mate had his camping chair stolen from the tent we were sharing on the first night. It was just in the porch way, nothing else went missing. Still not a nice feeling.

Another of the guys we were camped with heard a stranger come into his tent (I think the same evening), the stranger started to unzip the bedroom compartment which was met by a loud "fuck off". He left pretty quickly, not even a "Sorry, wrong tent" excuse given. haha

We were camped at the top of Dairy Ground

I camped in Pennards, about two thirds of the way up, maybe higher. I wasn't disturbed once and had a crime-free Glastonbury I'm happy to say. I did see a large police presence though and there were plenty of what looked like post-crime security/police gatherings happening, so perhaps I was lucky.

I think it helped that my tent was a pain to get into. Before you can unzip the inner tent to get inside, there's a porch to unzip, and before you can unzip it there's velcro to undo, making it more time consuming then a simple 'zip to get inside'.

I've never personally experienced one single theft since I started going a few years back.

However, if I did catch someone tried breaking into my tent during the night while I was in there, I quite like to think that I'd Iet him get all the way in before gripping him in a headlock, cable-tying the bastard up, gagging him, and keeping him in there for the rest of the festival. Over the remaining nights, I'd 'sleep' with my face just inches from his while softly stroking his hair all night and calling him 'Ian'.

The fucker would never come to Glastonbury again, never mind rob someone's tent.